Motorola sales told me that we will only get OS updates for one year

Status
Not open for further replies.

warmonked

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Even if they did promise updates for years to come, I would still say : Don't buy hardware on the promise or hope of future software updates.

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Updates aren't always all they're cracked up to be. If the phone is great when you first turn it on, then it's a good phone... Well hopefully it's still good once you load all your apps and games too. Haha.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

adam metaxas1

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Well just a thought... Moto did just layoff a ton of people and folks at google have have difficulties lately getting support for the N6 from moto.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Well just a thought... Moto did just layoff a ton of people and folks at google have have difficulties lately getting support for the N6 from moto.

Posted via the Android Central App
What's the second half referencing?

sent via Nexus Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere.

AN1MEN1AC

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I've always gotten DROID phones (Original Droid, Razr Maxx and currently DROID MAXX) exclusive to Verizon on subsidized contracts. And I am so sick of the lolly gagging on updates from Verizon! Lollipop came out Nov. 2014 and 10 months later, today my Maxx is still on Kit Kat 4.4.4. I've had it with carrier branded exclusive phones. Plus their bloatware, INGRESS, NFL Mobile etc. My N7 2013 tablet even is up to date. That's my MAIN reason for getting the MXP. Don't have to wait for Verizon to approve an update anymore. And I like all the Moto apps. So I'm still getting a Motorola phone, just not thru VERIZON!!

YeahMon360

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I don't care. I get a new phone every 6-12 months anyway. Hell, it's only $400. That's about $33 a month to have a nice new device. I'm sure many people blow more money on that on Starbucks, alcohol, cigarettes, and other crap that isn't needed, and don't complain too much about it.

pinoymutt5

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
After a year your warranty will be up, and you can unlock the bootloader and flash CM or any of the other custom ROMs that will certainly be available to keep the magic alive on the latest and greatest :D

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon...great network...but I agree with you on the Verizon slowness and bloat...blah, blah, blah.
However, KK 4.4.4 was and is a great OS! Lollipop...well, not so much. HOPEFULLY "M" will be what Lollipop should have been. I just want my phone to work as designed!

bigbuc

May 28, 2013
Visit site
after a year, our warranty is out (if we know it getsvoided) so root away, get ROMs instead. but i bet we'll continue to get updates until Android doesn't support our hardware and by then we'll have moved on to newer phones

--sent from broadbandless rural America

Status
Not open for further replies.