What micro SD card are you using with your Moto X Pure Edition?

4piecekit

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Just tried out a Lexar 128GB 633X UHS-1 in my brand new Moto X and it wouldn't mount it. I let the Moto X format it, and it returned a message that the card was either blank or formatted with an unsupported file system.

I also tried formatting it on my laptop (which mounted it just fine) in both FAT32 and exFAT and the X still wouldn't mount it.

I then tried a 32GB Sandisk card, let the X format it, and it mounted just fine.

Anyone have any ideas???

20degrees

Banned
Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Just tried out a Lexar 128GB 633X UHS-1 in my brand new Moto X and it wouldn't mount it. I let the Moto X format it, and it returned a message that the card was either blank or formatted with an unsupported file system.

I also tried formatting it on my laptop (which mounted it just fine) in both FAT32 and exFAT and the X still wouldn't mount it.

I then tried a 32GB Sandisk card, let the X format it, and it mounted just fine.

Anyone have any ideas???

Yup, lexar is junk honestly. I've had problems with their cards in the past.

MarkSBaines

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
SanDisk Extreme 64 GB microSDXC UHS-I U3 Card with SD Adapter upto 90 MB/s Read, FFP (Newest Version) works great here, no problems at all so far.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Silicon Power 64GB microSD?

Let us know how you like it and if it’s worth purchasing. Looks like a good price – hopefully it’s a good product.

312MotoGus

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
PNY High Performance 128GB High Speed MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-I, U1. I paid $40 on Amazon a few weeks ago, it's $35 right now, thanks Amazon. Seems to have a little lag in writing to it, but works fine.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Turns out the Silicon Power 64Gb works just fine. I've got media and photos stored on it and have removed it a few times to with no problems recognizing the card or errors opening the files stored on it. Not sure if the price is still as cheap but get it if it is.

Posted via the Android Central App

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
The 64 GB Sandisk Ultra Plus uhs micro SDs are on sale at Costco for $24.99 + free shipping! I just bought one. Seems like a pretty good deal.

Posted via the Android Central App

KeyserS0ze

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I've had a [SanDisk Ultra 128GB microSDXC UHS-I Card (SDSQUNC-128G-GN6MA)] in my MotoXP since I bought it in early October with no problems or errors at all.

Glenn Roe

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I see lots of people indicating their favorite SD card and the supposed speeds but I only see one actual benchmark on the phone. UHS-1 uses a different bus for FULL speed and therefore the phone must support that bus to get that full speed. It is kind of like using a USB3 device and a USB2 connection. I will work but at slower speed. I have been unable to get Motorola to tell me what their bus actually is. All I get is "it will work".
So if a few people could try a benchmark, in the phone, with an app like A1 SD, it would be useful.

vn33

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the 128Gb Samsung Evo which I got for $39 during BF sale.
Works great and have not have any problem with it. If you have see this on sale, it'll be a great addition to your MXPE!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer