10-29-2015 04:07 PM
203 1234 ...
tools
    "fair assessment" is the key words... most will not give a fair assessment. Most like the OP will just get the first impression and then send it back because they think it's too big. And I understand that you can not touch this one because most carriers don't have them in the stores, but there are plenty of devices that are close to this in size in stores... the current Note series, or even look at the bigger Nexus 6... then just compare the dimension numbers.
    No carriers have this in store.
    VoltaicShock likes this.
    09-13-2015 11:51 AM
    In comparison to the Note 4, is it similar in width, height and length?
    Phone Arena has a great online tool to compare.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/siz...ones/9553,8577
    co.ag.2005, MoPhoMan and jdot104 like this.
    09-13-2015 11:53 AM
    MXPE is narrower, noticeably if you hold them next to each other.
    09-13-2015 12:02 PM
    Go to phonearena.com, choose size compare on left hand size, and put in phones you want to compare to each other.

Edit: Ry beat me to it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-13-2015 12:10 PM
    Agreed, and I hope that most other people share your opinion. I want this phone to do well still. ........and I refuse to switch to iOS......

i was anxiously awaiting the Moto X Pure but was worried about that 11.1 mm thickness and 5.7 size... i know 5.5 sounds "just as big" but it doesn't seem it...... And since my Alpha i am hooked on "thin anorexic-prone phones"....

And even tho i was a "i REFUSE to switch", heck forget switch, even "consider" iOS for all these Android years UNTIL 3 weeks ago when i came across T-Mobile offer of their $15$(iP6/ &$19(1P6+) No Money Down (W/ App Cr) 18 month lease program... and on their JOD program, on Sept 25th they just hand me a NEW iphone 6s+ with locked in $19.00 monthly pricing and still no money down and my lease just extends ONE MONTH....

i was really surprised T-Mobile stock comes straight from Apple, no bloatware, not even a Magenta T app anywhere to be found on it... And the new one their giving me on Sept 25th has Band 12, ready to recieve the 700 Mhz freq that much more easily penetrates buildings that should be in my area by years end... I'm stoked by an iPhone, i never woulda believed it....whaaaa?!

iPhone 6+ has become my daily driver... Just so easy to text, memos, calls, ck internet, i was TOTALLY unprepared for how simple it was to start using an iPhone, and how far its come in terms of letting you customize, etc... I still use my Galaxy Alpha daily (have 2 lines) AND use my Samsung Tab S daily, but you won't EVER get me into the "Ipad/ Macbook world, of THAT i am sure! Apple watch maybe, but thats it!!!

Never in a gazillion quadtrillion years did i ever see myself as having a signature that said, "sent from my iPhone..." but i do : )

Even got a dbrand skin for the back!

BTC

Attached Thumbnails I am returning my Moto X Pure Edition-iphone-skin6.png  
    jimbo1mcm, krazyatom, bpe4 and 1 others like this.
    09-13-2015 02:34 PM
    I don't have mine yet, but I suspect it'll feel small compared to my Nexus 6 LOL

I'm feeling the same way.
    09-13-2015 03:38 PM
    My Nexu6 32GB is sitting next to me and my 64GB, Red leather/black/gray titanium trim is due to arrive either Monday or Tuesday of this week. My problem is that I kind of got the Iphone 6S Plus bug and ordered one for pickup on the 25th. I've had a bunch of Android and Apple phones. Right now I am leaning towards getting the Iphone. It will be interesting to see what final decision I make. I absolutely love my Nexus. Sigh!!!

Update: My Pure should arrive today. Looking forward to giving it a really good test run. But I've been thinking about my Nexus 6. It's worth only about $250-275 in the real world, even less on the sites that buy it from you. Maybe I'll just keep it and slap my nano sim in it, from my maybe 6S Plus, when I need an Android fix. It's hard to be King with all these decisions.
    09-13-2015 03:42 PM
    My Nexu6 32GB is sitting next to me and my 64GB, Red leather/black/gray titanium trim is due to arrive either Monday or Tuesday of this week. My problem is that I kind of got the Iphone 6S Plus bug and ordered one for pickup on the 25th. I've had a bunch of Android and Apple phones. Right now I am leaning towards getting the Iphone. It will be interesting to see what final decision I make. I absolutely love my Nexus. Sigh!!!
    How do you like Moto x pure compared to your nexus 6? I wanted to pick up nexus 64gb for $399 but I just went for $499 moto x pure 64gb.
    09-13-2015 04:26 PM
    Let you know when I get it in one or two days.
    09-13-2015 04:48 PM
    How do you like Moto x pure compared to your nexus 6? I wanted to pick up nexus 64gb for $399 but I just went for $499 moto x pure 64gb.
    Moto x pure feels much better in the hand. Camera is a little better, video camera is much better. But the nexus is a nexus (fastest updates).

If they were the same size it would be a tough choice with that $100 price difference. But I'm still glad I sold my n6 before the price drop.
    09-13-2015 07:27 PM
    "fair assessment" is the key words... most will not give a fair assessment. Most like the OP will just get the first impression and then send it back because they think it's too big. And I understand that you can not touch this one because most carriers don't have them in the stores, but there are plenty of devices that are close to this in size in stores... the current Note series, or even look at the bigger Nexus 6... then just compare the dimension numbers.
    I've had the Nexus 6 for almost a week. Came from a Nexus 4 and S4 and couldn't pass up that $350 Amazon deal despite probably getting the Hauwei Nexus in a month or so.

I wanted a larger display, and this definitely fits the bill. Took a little over 48 hours to get used to, and now I can't imagine going back to something smaller than 5.7" ... also the front speakers are clutch, definitely a must moving forward!
    09-13-2015 07:56 PM
    I was getting really worried about the size right up until the moment the phone arrived and then when I opened the box I said, "Actually this isn't that bad." It real comfortable in your hand and when compared to my previous phone (Nexus 5) it's not a HUGE jump. Somehow Motorola made it work.
    09-13-2015 08:13 PM
    question guys my moto x has two issues and im wondering if i have a defective device .. 1 the speaker at full volume sound distorted enough to bother me 2. when watch videos, music etc and i turn my phone from landscape to regular view it loses volume for a split second.. anyone else hving these issues
    09-13-2015 09:54 PM
    question guys my moto x has two issues and im wondering if i have a defective device .. 1 the speaker at full volume sound distorted enough to bother me 2. when watch videos, music etc and i turn my phone from landscape to regular view it loses volume for a split second.. anyone else hving these issues
    Oh you're right. It does that when I watch youtube. I saw a nexus 6 also does this. Maybe it's Motorola thing?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Riccardo C likes this.
    09-13-2015 09:59 PM
    Oh you're right. It does that when I watch youtube. I saw a nexus 6 also does this. Maybe it's Motorola thing?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    how about full volume is it distorted?
    09-13-2015 10:44 PM
    how about full volume is it distorted?
    Very strange. I watched youtube again with landscape (full screen) and portrait (minimunized) back and forth now it's fine. Sometimes I get little bit of buzz sound? I am not sure. I had low battery life when I first tried and I just charged to 50% and problem doesn't seems to persist again. I need more time to play around with it.
    Riccardo C likes this.
    09-13-2015 10:53 PM
    I actually got it due to the screen.. Or well that's one positive in my book. I can't stand small screens anymore. Everything I view feels cramped.
    At one point in time, a big screen seemed like an impediment, but as the phone has become more of a computer substitute, the bigger screen has gained ground.

Note 5 doesn't 'feel' that much bigger than my S4, but it certainly is!
    Almeuit likes this.
    09-13-2015 11:58 PM
    Better for reading in Kindle also.
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-14-2015 06:04 AM
    so guys i called Motorola today and they definitively have some major customer service issues. I orders a 16gb moto x the first day of preorders and canceled it 2 days latter because i realized i need more onboard storage. the agent i spoke to in a foreign country assured me the order was canceled and my refund was on the way. I even got a confirmation email of the cancellation. So i took them for their word and ordered a new moto x with my credit card. I even checked the only line status and it said order canceled. So guess what showed up at my door this morning, Yes the canceled original Moto X !!!! I was pissed i called them and gave them hell for incompetence. All i was told was sorry the agent processed the cancellation incorrectly, but to add insult to injury the second moto x i had has the speaker defect. The agent told me i had to pay $25 for an exchange and i flipped. I said you mean to tell me that you screw up a cancellation and send me a broken phone and you expect me to pay $25??? I asked for a supervisor and still another person that barely spoke English say the same thing. So i threatend them with contacting the BBB.org . I asked for the highest authority and i finally got someone that sounded like they were from the states... She waived the $25 fee and gave me a code to build a new moto X and $50.00 credit for accessories.. So also assured me that she will process the refund asap oh and issued me two return shipping labels.. So i will let you guys know if its a wide spread issue or just with the one unit
    krazyatom likes this.
    09-14-2015 01:09 PM
    I had a duplicate order canceled the next day. Got an email etc. They still shipped the damn phone also.

so guys i called Motorola today and they definitively have some major customer service issues. I orders a 16gb moto x the first day of preorders and canceled it 2 days latter because i realized i need more onboard storage. the agent i spoke to in a foreign country assured me the order was canceled and my refund was on the way. I even got a confirmation email of the cancellation. So i took them for their word and ordered a new moto x with my credit card. I even checked the only line status and it said order canceled. So guess what showed up at my door this morning, Yes the canceled original Moto X !!!! I was pissed i called them and gave them hell for incompetence. All i was told was sorry the agent processed the cancellation incorrectly, but to add insult to injury the second moto x i had has the speaker defect. The agent told me i had to pay $25 for an exchange and i flipped. I said you mean to tell me that you screw up a cancellation and send me a broken phone and you expect me to pay $25??? I asked for a supervisor and still another person that barely spoke English say the same thing. So i threatend them with contacting the BBB.org . I asked for the highest authority and i finally got someone that sounded like they were from the states... She waived the $25 fee and gave me a code to build a new moto X and $50.00 credit for accessories.. So also assured me that she will process the refund asap oh and issued me two return shipping labels.. So i will let you guys know if its a wide spread issue or just with the one unit
    09-14-2015 01:45 PM
    I contacted them 4 times before I finally got them to release the hold on my bank account and cancel the order. It was finally done, but a really horrible experience.

I did buy the phone though, just through Amazon instead.
    Riccardo C likes this.
    09-14-2015 04:53 PM
    it is basically the size of a galaxy note 5 and if a phablet is not your thing it's not your thing no big deal
    09-14-2015 08:11 PM
    One of the most popular phones sold last year had a 4.7 in screen. The same is expected for this year. For those of us who want a flagship Android phone but not a "phablet", what options do we currently have?
    09-15-2015 06:21 AM
    One of the most popular phones sold last year had a 4.7 in screen. The same is expected for this year. For those of us who want a flagship Android phone but not a "phablet", what options do we currently have?
    This is the big question. Sony Xperia Z5 compact? Not a big fan of square edges, but maybe that's the one.
    At this point I'm waiting for the new Nexus 5 and will decide then.

09-15-2015 06:48 AM
    This is the big question. Sony Xperia Z5 compact? Not a big fan of square edges, but maybe that's the one.
    At this point I'm waiting for the new Nexus 5 and will decide then.

I have an Xperia Z3 and the square edges are just awful it is really uncomfortable in my jeans front pocket but the G3 I had was perfect in the pocket and I have cracked my screen protector in three places due to the shape so for me another square edged phone is a definite no!
    dmark44 likes this.
    09-15-2015 07:34 AM
203 1234 ...