10-29-2015 04:07 PM
203 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I think phone is very solid overall, but I am going to send it back. I swap phone very often and I tried some of the recent flagship phones so phone wasn't really that impressive compared to what I had recently. That doesn't mean that phone is bad! I already have s6 and moto x pure wasn't upgrade for me

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    09-16-2015 02:08 PM
    Gave it one more day, but boxed it up a short while ago for the return trip back to Texas. Maybe I'm just too simple at middle age, but that camera is the most confounding camera I've ever had the misfortune of operating. And I used to shoot with, and develop, film back in the day and have had a slew of 35 mm and DSLRs over the years. I cannot imagine how many photo opportunities I would miss the MXPE as my daily driver.
    09-16-2015 03:28 PM
    Gave it one more day, but boxed it up a short while ago for the return trip back to Texas. Maybe I'm just too simple at middle age, but that camera is the most confounding camera I've ever had the misfortune of operating. And I used to shoot with, and develop, film back in the day and have had a slew of 35 mm and DSLRs over the years. I cannot imagine how many photo opportunities I would miss the MXPE as my daily driver.
    Did you look into other camera apps aside from the pre-installed moto option? Google camera?
    09-16-2015 03:55 PM
    Did you look into other camera apps aside from the pre-installed moto option? Google camera?
    No, I did not. Wouldn't even think to do that to be honest, as I've never used a third-party camera app on any phone I've owned.
    09-16-2015 04:00 PM
    No, I did not. Wouldn't even think to do that to be honest, as I've never used a third-party camera app on any phone I've owned.
    I don't rush to 3rd party apps usually as well but I'm on a nexus now so it's the pre-installed 1st party choice for me and what I was planning on using for the moto.

I'm also a big fan of photospheres so I use the google camera for that.

If you just want to return the phone then go right ahead but I know I wouldn't because I didn't like the camera app.
    sangs likes this.
    09-16-2015 04:07 PM
    I don't rush to 3rd party apps usually as well but I'm on a nexus now so it's the pre-installed 1st party choice for me and what I was planning on using for the moto.

I'm also a big fan of photospheres so I use the google camera for that.

If you just want to return the phone then go right ahead but I know I wouldn't because I didn't like the camera app.
    Oh, that's not the only reason - I listed many more a few pages back. I really wanted to like this phone.
    09-16-2015 04:20 PM
    Oh, that's not the only reason - I listed many more a few pages back. I really wanted to like this phone.
    Fair enough, good luck!

I really want to like this phone too but its in China so...
    sangs and GeordieAffy like this.
    09-16-2015 05:35 PM
    You are correct, I was referring to the iPhone 6. I fully expect that the 4.7 inch iPhone 6s will once again be a top seller this next year.
    09-16-2015 09:40 PM
    You are correct, I was referring to the iPhone 6. I fully expect that the 4.7 inch iPhone 6s will once again be a top seller this next year.
    that's going out in a limb, lol ... amazing how they just dominate, at least where I am (US). they won't touch last year's numbers, those were just ridiculous, but they'll still move tens of millions
    09-16-2015 10:34 PM
    I am also returning my moto x. I had the 2013 and 2014 version but the Note 5 won me over. I tried the galaxy S6+, Moto 2015, and Note 5. In the end the Note 5 was the winner for me.

I am however upgrading my 360 to the latest version.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Riccardo C likes this.
    09-17-2015 08:53 AM
    I am also returning my moto x. I had the 2013 and 2014 version but the Note 5 won me over. I tried the galaxy S6+, Moto 2015, and Note 5. In the end the Note 5 was the winner for me.

Nice looking phone but TouchWiz is a deal breaker for me.
    09-17-2015 09:11 AM
    Yeah this is one of the things I think will bother me. Going back to a device without a fingerprint sensor will probably result in me having my device always unlocked just to avoid the inconvenience of using a pin/password or pattern unlock.

Posted via the AC app
    There is a Smart lock setting that allows you to have a trusted place (i.e. Home) where the phone will stay unlocked as long as you're there. Once you leave, it will go back to needing PIN to unlock. This should help with those wanting fingerprint scanner and not having it.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    09-17-2015 10:28 AM
    There is a Smart lock setting that allows you to have a trusted place (i.e. Home) where the phone will stay unlocked as long as you're there. Once you leave, it will go back to needing PIN to unlock. This should help with those wanting fingerprint scanner and not having it.

I've used that feature before with previous devices. Nice feature, but I doubt it will convince others if they prefer the convenience of a fingerprint sensor. I probably should've stated this before, but not having a fingerprint sensor isn't a deal breaker for me. It's just a nice added bonus I wouldn't mind having.

Posted via the AC app
    09-17-2015 10:36 AM
    I've used that feature before with previous devices. Nice feature, but I doubt it will convince others if they prefer the convenience of a fingerprint sensor. I probably should've stated this before, but not having a fingerprint sensor isn't a deal breaker for me. It's just a nice added bonus I wouldn't mind having.

Posted via the AC app
    Yeah, no fingerprint scanner isn't a deal breaker for me either. Never had one before so I don't know what I'm missing lol

09-17-2015 10:39 AM
    this is my first some what stock android phone as well and the lag on even my s6 was crazy thats why i made the jump to the moto x. however i do miss alot from a skinned phone such as a samsung phone. I have some examples like the drop down notification shade doesnt even have sound controls on it huh ? the bad camera app with no real settings, and i had to go to nova launcher because the interface was so bland... but i like the speed with no lag, the price and front speakers ... as of now im on the fence myself i mean i could hold on to it for a few months if push came to shove but would i stick to thi phone more then 1 year? no way
    09-17-2015 04:30 PM
    this is my first some what stock android phone as well and the lag on even my s6 was crazy thats why i made the jump to the moto x. however i do miss alot from a skinned phone such as a samsung phone. I have some examples like the drop down notification shade doesnt even have sound controls on it huh ? the bad camera app with no real settings, and i had to go to nova launcher because the interface was so bland... but i like the speed with no lag, the price and front speakers ... as of now im on the fence myself i mean i could hold on to it for a few months if push came to shove but would i stick to thi phone more then 1 year? no way
    IMHO skins served a purpose years ago but now they are unnecessary bloat. Motorola does exactly what google wants them to do and that's give people stock android with timely updates and unique features bundled as apps rather than obtrusive cumbersome skins. Touchwiz got to the point where I could hardly notice when I got an android update because the phone was so overly sammy'd. Google learned from their mistake and isn't letting Android Auto, Wear or TV get overrun by the OEMs.

Volume controls will be greatly improved in Marshmallow.

The camera is all moto and you can install the google camera or plenty of other 3rd party choices.

And launchers are all personal preference (I love the google launcher) and I would certainly want to start with stock android and customize it (like installing Nova) rather than a launcher running over a skin running over stock. Just sounds like putting lipstick on a pig at that point.

Everything comes down to personal preference and what you value.
    09-18-2015 09:39 AM
    I think phone is very solid overall, but I am going to send it back. I swap phone very often and I tried some of the recent flagship phones so phone wasn't really that impressive compared to what I had recently. That doesn't mean that phone is bad! I already have s6 and moto x pure wasn't upgrade for me

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I'm doing the same. I was really excited for it but it doesn't feel like an upgrade from anything else available to me. I found a mint condition 64gb Note 5 on Swappa the other day for $625, which is only $70 more than I paid for my MXPE 64gb, so I'll be switching to that. This is a solid phone, but to me, it isn't an upgrade and it didn't give me any sort of wow factor over any other phone out there.
    krazyatom likes this.
    09-18-2015 10:24 AM
    I am returning mine today. Moto x pure is good phone but nothing really amazing if you're coming from other flagship phones. Yes, starting price is $399 but I got 64gb model for $550 after tax so it didn't feel like it was bargain when you can buy like galaxy s6 international version for less than $500 on eBay.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    09-18-2015 10:25 AM
    I am returning mine today. Moto x pure is good phone but nothing really amazing if you're coming from other flagship phones. Yes, starting price is $399 but I got 64gb model for $550 after tax so it didn't feel like it was bargain when you can buy like galaxy s6 international version for less than $500 on eBay.

Exactly my reasoning. If I'm determined to go the cheaper route, there are many great used or even new phones that give me so much more than the Moto X does at nearly the same price. Like I said above, I got a basically new 64gb Note 5 for AT&T for around $70-80 more than I paid for my MXPE.
    krazyatom likes this.
    09-18-2015 10:28 AM
    Exactly my reasoning. If I'm determined to go the cheaper route, there are many great used or even new phones that give me so much more than the Moto X does at nearly the same price. Like I said above, I got a basically new 64gb Note 5 for AT&T for around $70-80 more than I paid for my MXPE.
    You got a great bargain for note 5. Compared to moto x pure, only benefit I see is that moto x pure has nearly stock android with Motorola add on. That's it. I know its not fair to compare moto x pure to note 5 but not everyone pays retail price.

09-18-2015 10:32 AM
    You got a great bargain for note 5. Compared to moto x pure, only benefit I see is that moto x pure has nearly stock android with Motorola add on. That's it. I know its not fair to compare moto x pure to note 5 but not everyone pays retail price.

Yeah, I know it was a great deal. Just happened to be from a guy I had dealt with a lot in the past. And those are the only benefits I saw, too. Stock-like experience and promise of quick updates. But other than that, it just doesn't seem like what I was looking for. It's an overall solid phone and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to a lot of people. But for me, my money is going elsewhere.
    09-18-2015 10:35 AM
    That's a great size considering they have the same size screen and the Pure has stereo front speakers.

09-21-2015 08:09 AM
    Would be for me too. I have no patience for it. But if I got a Samsung it would definitely be a Note.

09-23-2015 10:24 PM

Different preferences The Note 5 made me leave Samsung due to no sd slot and the glass back. Since I pay full cost for phones, did not see the value of paying $340 more for the Note 5 over the 64GB Pure. I actually think my Note 4 is better overall than the Note 5. The Pure IMO is the better choice.

I find the camera on the Pure fine too, but again- if taking photos beyond convenience shots, a camera is not a true camera IMO without an optical zoom.

Choice though is the main point
    09-24-2015 09:31 AM
    Different preferences The Note 5 made me leave Samsung due to no sd slot and the glass back. Since I pay full cost for phones, did not see the value of paying $340 more for the Note 5 over the 64GB Pure. I actually think my Note 4 is better overall than the Note 5. The Pure IMO is the better choice.

I find the camera on the Pure fine too, but again- if taking photos beyond convenience shots, a camera is not a true camera IMO without an optical zoom.

Choice though is the main point
    Same reason why I'm leaving the Note. I've been using the Note 3 and currently Note 4, but will not upgrade to the Note 5 due to not having the micro sd slot because I do use it a lot with storage of important files. I am also not a fan of the glass back because I don't use a case for my phone. When you're in the phablet category, putting a case over it just looks ridiculous and bulky. So I'm going for the MXPE as my next phone.
    Ryaan Johnson likes this.
    09-24-2015 01:41 PM
203 ... 23456 ...