10-29-2015 05:07 PM
203 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Moto was going to put fingerprint scanner where the logo was on the back but apple bought the company that made the sensor so they couldn't sell it to anyone else

Posted via the Android Central App
    You know your correct, that's actually the way I heard it also, I now remember. It's a shame because that would have been a nice feature on the Moto X.
    10-07-2015 04:24 PM
    I would tried the nexii.. But no sd cards are deal breakers to even try them

Just to try out a nexus.. I like checking out new phones and electronics..

Why is no SD card a deal breaker?
    10-07-2015 04:47 PM
    There is no overheating in the Z5 Compact. That rumour was false, spread around by the news sites as Gospel. I have one. It gets warmest when charging. It doesn't heat up much during everyday normal usage. No more so than my Nexus 5. In fact, it runs cooler than my my Nexus 5 when running 3D benchmarks (3DMark has an inbuilt temperature graph that monitors SOC temp).

The phone does however have an issue whereby the camera generates blurry areas in the far left side of photos. Many of us on XDA are returning our phones for exchanges for this reason. I would strongly recommend holding off buying until we start seeing units that aren't affected by what we're assuming is a manufacturing flaw in the first batch of production.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    I didn't know z5 compact was available. I will go buy one now! I was debating between nexus x5 and z5 compact.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
    10-07-2015 05:05 PM
    I didn't know z5 compact was available. I will go buy one now! I was debating between nexus x5 and z5 compact.

Z5 Compact is amazing. Really hope my second one has a camera that hasn't got the blur issue.

10-07-2015 05:17 PM
    Z5 Compact is amazing. Really hope my second one has a camera that hasn't got the blur issue.

Can you tell me where you order one?

10-07-2015 05:22 PM
    Can you tell me where you order one?

Sony's eshop; http://eshop.sonymobile.com/gb/buy/gb-xperia-z5-compact

10-07-2015 05:25 PM
    Sony's eshop; http://eshop.sonymobile.com/gb/buy/gb-xperia-z5-compact

Oh maybe it's not available in US

10-07-2015 05:30 PM
    No Bluetooth quality issues with my Pure or speaker issues. Why does the sd issue keep coming up? If you like one or not, great! Just don't be incredulous to those that like the feature. It seems some folks try to apply their own standards on others. JMO.
    RikkiRay likes this.
    10-07-2015 06:16 PM
    I noticed that the other day...wonder when/if they'll rollout in USA?

Oh maybe it's not available in US

10-07-2015 08:09 PM
    I noticed that the other day...wonder when/if they'll rollout in USA?
    Yes, cakefish is in UK.

10-07-2015 08:15 PM
    Lemme just say how horrible Moto's customer service has been. I called to arrange an "advanced exchange" on 10/2 and got my e-mail confirming my RMA # and a promise that an identical replacement would be issued to me and I'd have it in 4-5 business days. Alas, after calling and dealing with horrible phone reception and badly broken English on the other side, I discover that they were SUPPOSED to send me a code to use on the Motomaker site so I could create it on my own and it would supposedly be expedited to me within 2 business days.

So now I have to wait 1-2 days for the code to arrive in e-mail and then supposedly I'll get it within 2 business days from then.

I'm not.......holding my breath........

Worst. Customer service. Ever.
    10-11-2015 10:39 AM
    Good luck jephanie.

Weirdly enough, my earpiece started working again. Go figure
    10-11-2015 07:39 PM
    I shipped my MXPE back after about a week of owning it. I liked most things about it, but the awful battery life and the roasting hot CPU under fairly moderate use killed it for me. I picked up a 64GB Note 5 for essentially $400 off contract and am loving it so far. That 6P was pretty tempting but something just didn't quite do it for me...
    10-12-2015 03:04 PM
    No SD slot killed my four year string of Samsung purchases.
    10-12-2015 03:23 PM
    I finally received my code to order a replacement. And the code is invalid.

Motorola's customer service sucks.
    10-13-2015 05:26 PM

Have you tried posting about all the junk you went though on the Moto support forums? That was the only way I got my Advanced Exchange sorted out and it seems people have pretty good luck with them. I am almost positive the few agents that are on the Moto forums are the only US based customer service Moto has. Using any other method of contacting Moto, short of using the BBB, is pretty much a waste of time.
    10-13-2015 07:30 PM

Motorola's service is usually very good. Try calling them and ask for a supervisor. I got a replacement recently but mine wasn't moto maker, so it was super fast.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Ry likes this.
    10-13-2015 08:36 PM
    Have you tried posting about all the junk you went though on the Moto support forums? That was the only way I got my Advanced Exchange sorted out and it seems people have pretty good luck with them. I am almost positive the few agents that are on the Moto forums are the only US based customer service Moto has. Using any other method of contacting Moto, short of using the BBB, is pretty much a waste of time.
    Oh, yes. I blasted it to their Twitter account and have someone "personally" trying to "help." Even with that help, they have still been incompetent.

10-13-2015 08:53 PM
    I returned mine today. It is an awesome phone and a tough decision, but I'm going to give the Nexus 6p a chance. If I don't like it I'll return it to Google and reorder the MXPE. I feel like the 6p might be an absolutely awesome device if the camera and front facing speakers are good. We'll have to see!

10-13-2015 10:00 PM
    Oh, yes. I blasted it to their Twitter account and have someone "personally" trying to "help." Even with that help, they have still been incompetent.

Their US support, which I assume is like Twitter and the Moto forums, seems to be fairly competent from what I have seen on the Moto forums but considering how much of a joke Moto support is 99% of the time with their non US agents I don't find it surprising you are still having issues. I suppose you could go file a complaint with the BBB and that should get them hopping. The BBB is my default customer service for a few companies that won't do anything otherwise.
    10-13-2015 10:57 PM
    Their US support, which I assume is like Twitter and the Moto forums, seems to be fairly competent from what I have seen on the Moto forums but considering how much of a joke Moto support is 99% of the time with their non US agents I don't find it surprising you are still having issues. I suppose you could go file a complaint with the BBB and that should get them hopping. The BBB is my default customer service for a few companies that won't do anything otherwise.
    It would seem that their US support is based in the Philippines. And it would seem there is an extreme amount of disconnect between the parties involved with their various facets of their organization.
    10-14-2015 01:10 AM
    Make sure you check with them after they get the device and that they take the hold off of your card. I did an advanced exchange on my Moto X (1st gen) for warranty problems and because the original one was delayed (Motorola's fault), they didn't get the device in time (cheap prepaid shipping so Moto's fault again), I got an email saying I never returned my phone (even though the FedEx tracking had it as delivered that day) and that my card was being charged. After dealing with the broken english of the rep on the phone, they said they would refund my card on my NEXT billing cycle (something that I had to eventually fight with them again because it didn't get refunded for 6 months!).
    jephanie likes this.
    10-14-2015 07:05 PM
    Finally got the replacement ordered. I had to pay for the bamboo back which I was assured would be refunded to me upon receipt of the original.

Again.....not holding my breath on their competency with that one.
    10-14-2015 07:16 PM
    Finally got the replacement ordered. I had to pay for the bamboo back which I was assured would be refunded to me upon receipt of the original.

Again.....not holding my breath on their competency with that one.
    I am sure that you'll be very happy with your replacement. moto x pure is very solid overall.

10-14-2015 07:49 PM
    I am sure that you'll be very happy with your replacement. moto x pure is very solid overall.

I've purchased a total of eight of them since they came out for my entire family and myself. This is the only one that ever had a problem. And I get that it's possible and the odds caught up to me. It's the oddly incompetent customer service that has been the issue.
    10-14-2015 08:20 PM
203 ... 45678 ...