10-29-2015 05:07 PM
203 ... 56789
tools
    I'm part of this club too now. Tried the Moto X Pure for a good 10 days and really really wanted to keep it but at the end, it's just too damn heavy and large. So wish they had created a 5.2in version of this. Shame on Moto for trying to force everyone into phablets. Sadly returned it today
    10-14-2015 10:49 PM
    I've purchased a total of eight of them since they came out for my entire family and myself. This is the only one that ever had a problem. And I get that it's possible and the odds caught up to me. It's the oddly incompetent customer service that has been the issue.
    I've had to make calls for customer service with past Moto phones as well as this XPE, it's never been good. I have had better results with them once the call load after the release of a new phone has abated.
    10-15-2015 06:28 AM
    I'm part of this club too now. Tried the Moto X Pure for a good 10 days and really really wanted to keep it but at the end, it's just too damn heavy and large. So wish they had created a 5.2in version of this. Shame on Moto for trying to force everyone into phablets. Sadly returned it today
    This idea was hardly Moto's invention. Data tend to show that larger phones are popular at the higher end. Even Apple crumbled.

Why is no SD card a deal breaker?
    There are a LOT of hotly debated threads on this.
    Here's just one long one.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...y-storage.html
    10-15-2015 12:56 PM
    The market dictated larger phones.
    monsieurms likes this.
    10-15-2015 02:58 PM
    This, I've just arranged to exchange at Carphone Warehouse on Monday for the Nexus 5x.

I really wanted to like the Moto (I do like it) but it seems too bulky for the width and one handed use is a pain. I also loved the original Nexus 5 so think I will be happy with the new one.

Anyway 3 more days with the Moto. I may change my mind...
    10-16-2015 10:07 AM
    Hah! I was opposite, since got an RMA from Moto, reset the device and boxed it up to send back. Went back to my Note 4 and tried other device as well, but missed the experience using the very good stereo speakers and preferred the colors of the MXPE display. Got the MXPE back out of the box and started from scratch again. If size is the issue though, I completely get why some folks prefer devices more suited for one hand use.

IMO the MXPE though is the best overall multimedia device available Boxing it up for a few days made me appreciate it and went back to it.
    10-16-2015 10:32 AM
    Hah! I was opposite, since got an RMA from Moto, reset the device and boxed it up to send back. Went back to my Note 4 and tried other device as well, but missed the experience using the very good stereo speakers and preferred the colors of the MXPE display. Got the MXPE back out of the box and started from scratch again. If size is the issue though, I completely get why some folks prefer devices more suited for one hand use.

IMO the MXPE though is the best overall multimedia device available Boxing it up for a few days made me appreciate it and went back to it.
    Can totally understand your point. Speakers and screen are top notch on the Moto. However this isn't priority for me on a phone since I do most of my games and movies on a Galaxy Tab S 10.1. If I play music on my phone it is normally with ear phones anyway.

I want stock experience which is mainly used for calls, emails, browsing, social and the odd casual game.
    10-16-2015 10:57 AM
    I sent mine back, it was received and signed for on the 25th of September. On the 28th I got an email saying we received your device. On Oct 12th, I was given a credit of 26.00. It is now Oct 16th and still no full refund. I've contacted them via chat 8 times, and phone 6 times. Will see what happens on Monday. Now I know why people would rather sell there device on Swappa, even within their 14 day return policy.
    10-16-2015 11:01 AM
    Carphone Warehouse in the UK are great, I already have the £50 refund of difference (Nexus 5x is £349 Moto is £399) and I haven't swapped the phones back yet.
    10-16-2015 11:10 AM
    Thank you to everyone who helped me out with trying to figure out the frustrations I was having. I've decided I'm going back to my iPhone 6+ (at least for another year).

My phone and my wife's phone are still having issues with being booted off of WiFi. I also can't play one of my favorite games unless I'm on WiFi. The moto voice is terrible...I didn't think that would bother me as much as it does but I use Siri a lot so I guess its a pretty important feature for me. And I just can't get past the bad battery life. No matter what I do I can't get my phone to last past maybe 6pm. My iPhone will last me until at least 11pm usually with no problem.

There are things I have really liked about this phone and I may end up looking at the next generation version. But I think for now it's just not going to work
    10-19-2015 01:12 PM
    Same deal here...called to return, got an RMA, reset it, and boxed it up. I missed the Friday FedEx drop. I decided to start from scratch over that weekend and it grew on me...it really is a great phone. I'm not a fan of the low light pics and I also get a lot of misfire pics. However, the pros far outweigh the cons and, for me, the phone is really a good value.

Posted via the Android Central App
    rushmore, VoltaicShock and dmark44 like this.
    10-19-2015 10:34 PM
    Why is no SD card a deal breaker?
    Couple fold. I travel alot. When I do keep alot of media, music, movies, and such on different sd cards so I have offline options.. Second I like having all my photos and music on sd card.. Guess I'm old school

VoltaicShock and monsieurms like this.
    10-20-2015 06:32 PM
    Couple fold. I travel alot. When I do keep alot of media, music, movies, and such on different sd cards so I have offline options.. Second I like having all my photos and music on sd card.. Guess I'm old school

Lob the ball back! Ask why is it NOT a deal breaker
    monsieurms and Ryaan Johnson like this.
    10-20-2015 07:44 PM
    True.. And my mxpe has added yet another future must have. From now on phones must have dual front facing speakers. Should see everyone's face when you sit in a social settings with friends everyone starts pulling out their phones to play some music. Straining to hear the tune and Then you turn yours on and it just owns everyone else's..

VoltaicShock and dmark44 like this.
    10-21-2015 10:03 AM
    I would tried the nexii.. But no sd cards are deal breakers to even try them

For me it's a nice to have but nowhere near a deal breaker. It's a convenience that I've had for years, haven't had for years, and don't feel that I need.

Given 2 identical phones with 1 micro SD support and 1 without I'll go with but when it comes to deciding between phones it's way down the priority list.

I travel a lot as well but I've learned to get by with cloud storage and downloading media before I'm going to be without a connection. I also have a nexus 9 for media consumption as well.

If I was keeping my MXPE I would even swap the SD card support for nexus imprint in a heartbeat.

When it comes to deal breakers I'll reserve that for things like...

battery size
    screen size
    screen resolution
    build quality
    pure android
    software updates

Not everything gets to be a deal breaker and micro SD card support just doesn't make the short list. Now as Ryaan said having stereo front facing speakers that can get loud without sounding god awful is amazing. I would be very very hard pressed to give up that feature and that could be a deal breaker for me.

Everyone has different priorities and things they look for in a phone so there's no one right answer but clearly SD card support is dying, google doesn't like it and OEM's are dropping it.
    10-21-2015 12:28 PM
    Sad to post, but I received my RMA and return sticker last night, and boxed and dropped off my package today - Exactly on the 14th day since it arrived. I have nothing harsh to say about the phone, whatsoever. My only negative is that I wish it had a bit better battery life, but it should in no way detract anyone from buying it, as it should be sufficient for most people out there. I had to make a choice, since my itchy trigger finger hit 'buy it now' 3 weeks ago on the Google store page, and I ordered a Nexus 6p. It should be arriving in about a week, so it really made no sense for me to have both phones as I was at the end of the MXPE 14-day return.

So far the initial reviews of the Nexus are extremely good, but if for some reason the phone ends up being a dud, the MXPE will definitely be the phone I go back to.
    10-21-2015 01:44 PM
    With the google now launcher the N6P has a 5x5 home screen layout while the MXPE has a 4x4.

Take it for what it's worth but as someone making the switch it's another little thing that makes me happy.
    10-23-2015 12:05 PM
    With the google now launcher the N6P has a 5x5 home screen layout while the MXPE has a 4x4.

Take it for what it's worth but as someone making the switch it's another little thing that makes me happy.
    Are you sure this isn't a Android 6.0 option. I have Marshmallow on my Nexus 5 but still only have 4x4 but it is a smaller screen. It could be 5x5 due to the larger screen resolution. Would be nice to ask someone who is apart of the 6.0 test for the Moto X Pure Edition.
    10-23-2015 01:50 PM
    Are you sure this isn't a Android 6.0 option. I have Marshmallow on my Nexus 5 but still only have 4x4 but it is a smaller screen. It could be 5x5 due to the larger screen resolution. Would be nice to ask someone who is apart of the 6.0 test for the Moto X Pure Edition.
    I don't think android version has anything to do with it, I've got the same version of the google now launcher on the nexus 5 and the moto x PE. I could be wrong but I'm guessing it has something to do with the phone on Moto's end since the google launcher lives outside of the OS itself.

Side rant, it drives me nuts when these reviewers talk about the google now launcher update in their nexus reviews. This is in no way nexus specific or even marshmallow. specific.
    10-23-2015 01:54 PM
    I don't think android version has anything to do with it, I've got the same version of the google now launcher on the nexus 5 and the moto x PE. I could be wrong but I'm guessing it has something to do with the phone on Moto's end since the google launcher lives outside of the OS itself.

Side rant, it drives me nuts when these reviewers talk about the google now launcher update in their nexus reviews. This is in no way nexus specific or even marshmallow. specific.
    Unless the google launcher is checked the OS version and the screen resolution. The only way to tell would be a breakdown of the APK or find someone that has Android 6.0 and the same resolution.
    10-23-2015 02:02 PM
    Unless the google launcher is checked the OS version and the screen resolution. The only way to tell would be a breakdown of the APK or find someone that has Android 6.0 and the same resolution.
    We'll find out when the MXPE gets marshmallow. Either way it's not the biggest deal in the world but it's a nice have.

Little things like this are also the perks of going with the nexus over anything else. You don't have to worry about what your phone will be like after an update because you get first crack at it and google designed it. Android was made for nexus and nexus was made for android so you don't have to worry.

I'm not trying to blow things out of perspective or convince everyone to jump ship from the MXPE, just an interesting tidbit to share.
    10-23-2015 02:06 PM
    We'll find out when the MXPE gets marshmallow. Either way it's not the biggest deal in the world but it's a nice have.

Little things like this are also the perks of going with the nexus over anything else. You don't have to worry about what your phone will be like after an update because you get first crack at it and google designed it. Android was made for nexus and nexus was made for android so you don't have to worry.

I'm not trying to blow things out of perspective or convince everyone to jump ship from the MXPE, just an interesting tidbit to share.
    Yeah I like Nexus, I have a 2013 Nexus 5. I am just not a fan of AMOLED screens. If the 6P had IPS LCD screen I would be getting that.

As you said this isn't a big deal. It really does not matter to me but I do agree it would be nice to have.
    10-23-2015 02:08 PM
    MX2015 speakers >>> N6P speakers
    10-23-2015 02:46 PM

My N6 on VZW does not have Marshmallow yet. So much for quick updates. The way things look my MXPE may get it first. Who knows?
    10-23-2015 03:00 PM
    My N6 on VZW does not have Marshmallow yet. So much for quick updates. The way things look my MXPE may get it first. Who knows?
    Wow, I got it on my Nexus 5 already along with the security patch first.
    10-23-2015 03:10 PM
203 ... 56789