I am returning my Moto X Pure Edition

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Sadly, I'm returning mine after just 1 day

Well, it's all personal opinion.

I didn't think that I could possibly like a phone this big, but after taking it out of the box all my worries were gone. I think that it will work for some people and not for others. I do a lot of web browsing on my phone so it makes it much easier to read. All preference.

I was actually intrigued by this. I am not ready to ditch my note 4 (same size) yet, but this looks like a pretty respectable competitor for a lot less money. I'm not pulling the trigger now, but it's looking like a viable alternative next year or whenever I upgrade.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Personally, to give a fair assessment to any device, I would use it as a daily driver for at least a week.

after using it a few days, you might be more comfortable with the size. Also, you would give the battery some time to settle in

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

"fair assessment" is the key words... most will not give a fair assessment. Most like the OP will just get the first impression and then send it back because they think it's too big. And I understand that you can not touch this one because most carriers don't have them in the stores, but there are plenty of devices that are close to this in size in stores... the current Note series, or even look at the bigger Nexus 6... then just compare the dimension numbers.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
"fair assessment" is the key words... most will not give a fair assessment. Most like the OP will just get the first impression and then send it back because they think it's too big. And I understand that you can not touch this one because most carriers don't have them in the stores, but there are plenty of devices that are close to this in size in stores... the current Note series, or even look at the bigger Nexus 6... then just compare the dimension numbers.

No carriers have this in store. :)

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Agreed, and I hope that most other people share your opinion. I want this phone to do well still. ........and I refuse to switch to iOS......

Posted via the Android Central App

i was anxiously awaiting the Moto X Pure but was worried about that 11.1 mm thickness and 5.7 size... i know 5.5 sounds "just as big" but it doesn't seem it...... And since my Alpha i am hooked on "thin anorexic-prone phones"....

And even tho i was a "i REFUSE to switch", heck forget switch, even "consider" iOS for all these Android years UNTIL 3 weeks ago when i came across T-Mobile offer of their $15$(iP6/ &$19(1P6+) No Money Down (W/ App Cr) 18 month lease program... and on their JOD program, on Sept 25th they just hand me a NEW iphone 6s+ with locked in $19.00 monthly pricing and still no money down and my lease just extends ONE MONTH....

i was really surprised T-Mobile stock comes straight from Apple, no bloatware, not even a Magenta T app anywhere to be found on it... And the new one their giving me on Sept 25th has Band 12, ready to recieve the 700 Mhz freq that much more easily penetrates buildings that should be in my area by years end... I'm stoked by an iPhone, i never woulda believed it....whaaaa?!

iPhone 6+ has become my daily driver... Just so easy to text, memos, calls, ck internet, i was TOTALLY unprepared for how simple it was to start using an iPhone, and how far its come in terms of letting you customize, etc... I still use my Galaxy Alpha daily (have 2 lines) AND use my Samsung Tab S daily, but you won't EVER get me into the "Ipad/ Macbook world, of THAT i am sure! Apple watch maybe, but thats it!!!

Never in a gazillion quadtrillion years did i ever see myself as having a signature that said, "sent from my iPhone..." but i do : )

Even got a dbrand skin for the back!

BTC

attachment.php

Attachments

• iphone skin6.png
    iphone skin6.png
    846.9 KB · Views: 690
Last edited:

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site

My Nexu6 32GB is sitting next to me and my 64GB, Red leather/black/gray titanium trim is due to arrive either Monday or Tuesday of this week. My problem is that I kind of got the Iphone 6S Plus bug and ordered one for pickup on the 25th. I've had a bunch of Android and Apple phones. Right now I am leaning towards getting the Iphone. It will be interesting to see what final decision I make. I absolutely love my Nexus. Sigh!!!

Update: My Pure should arrive today. Looking forward to giving it a really good test run. But I've been thinking about my Nexus 6. It's worth only about $250-275 in the real world, even less on the sites that buy it from you. Maybe I'll just keep it and slap my nano sim in it, from my maybe 6S Plus, when I need an Android fix. It's hard to be King with all these decisions.

Last edited:

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site

My Nexu6 32GB is sitting next to me and my 64GB, Red leather/black/gray titanium trim is due to arrive either Monday or Tuesday of this week. My problem is that I kind of got the Iphone 6S Plus bug and ordered one for pickup on the 25th. I've had a bunch of Android and Apple phones. Right now I am leaning towards getting the Iphone. It will be interesting to see what final decision I make. I absolutely love my Nexus. Sigh!!!

How do you like Moto x pure compared to your nexus 6? I wanted to pick up nexus 64gb for $399 but I just went for $499 moto x pure 64gb.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

How do you like Moto x pure compared to your nexus 6? I wanted to pick up nexus 64gb for $399 but I just went for $499 moto x pure 64gb.
Moto x pure feels much better in the hand. Camera is a little better, video camera is much better. But the nexus is a nexus (fastest updates).

If they were the same size it would be a tough choice with that $100 price difference. But I'm still glad I sold my n6 before the price drop.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I've had the Nexus 6 for almost a week. Came from a Nexus 4 and S4 and couldn't pass up that $350 Amazon deal despite probably getting the Hauwei Nexus in a month or so.

I wanted a larger display, and this definitely fits the bill. Took a little over 48 hours to get used to, and now I can't imagine going back to something smaller than 5.7" ... also the front speakers are clutch, definitely a must moving forward!

iAmEFFeX

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

I was getting really worried about the size right up until the moment the phone arrived and then when I opened the box I said, "Actually this isn't that bad." It real comfortable in your hand and when compared to my previous phone (Nexus 5) it's not a HUGE jump. Somehow Motorola made it work.

Riccardo C

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

question guys my moto x has two issues and im wondering if i have a defective device .. 1 the speaker at full volume sound distorted enough to bother me 2. when watch videos, music etc and i turn my phone from landscape to regular view it loses volume for a split second.. anyone else hving these issues

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site

question guys my moto x has two issues and im wondering if i have a defective device .. 1 the speaker at full volume sound distorted enough to bother me 2. when watch videos, music etc and i turn my phone from landscape to regular view it loses volume for a split second.. anyone else hving these issues
Oh you're right. It does that when I watch youtube. I saw a nexus 6 also does this. Maybe it's Motorola thing?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21