I am returning my Moto X Pure Edition

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Sadly, I'm returning mine after just 1 day

how about full volume is it distorted?

Very strange. I watched youtube again with landscape (full screen) and portrait (minimunized) back and forth now it's fine. Sometimes I get little bit of buzz sound? I am not sure. I had low battery life when I first tried and I just charged to 50% and problem doesn't seems to persist again. I need more time to play around with it.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

I actually got it due to the screen.. Or well that's one positive in my book. I can't stand small screens anymore. Everything I view feels cramped.

At one point in time, a big screen seemed like an impediment, but as the phone has become more of a computer substitute, the bigger screen has gained ground.

Note 5 doesn't 'feel' that much bigger than my S4, but it certainly is!

Riccardo C

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

so guys i called Motorola today and they definitively have some major customer service issues. I orders a 16gb moto x the first day of preorders and canceled it 2 days latter because i realized i need more onboard storage. the agent i spoke to in a foreign country assured me the order was canceled and my refund was on the way. I even got a confirmation email of the cancellation. So i took them for their word and ordered a new moto x with my credit card. I even checked the only line status and it said order canceled. So guess what showed up at my door this morning, Yes the canceled original Moto X !!!! I was pissed i called them and gave them hell for incompetence. All i was told was sorry the agent processed the cancellation incorrectly, but to add insult to injury the second moto x i had has the speaker defect. The agent told me i had to pay $25 for an exchange and i flipped. I said you mean to tell me that you screw up a cancellation and send me a broken phone and you expect me to pay $25??? I asked for a supervisor and still another person that barely spoke English say the same thing. So i threatend them with contacting the BBB.org . I asked for the highest authority and i finally got someone that sounded like they were from the states... She waived the $25 fee and gave me a code to build a new moto X and $50.00 credit for accessories.. So also assured me that she will process the refund asap oh and issued me two return shipping labels.. So i will let you guys know if its a wide spread issue or just with the one unit

Bagelboy79

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
I had a duplicate order canceled the next day. Got an email etc. They still shipped the damn phone also.

so guys i called Motorola today and they definitively have some major customer service issues. I orders a 16gb moto x the first day of preorders and canceled it 2 days latter because i realized i need more onboard storage. the agent i spoke to in a foreign country assured me the order was canceled and my refund was on the way. I even got a confirmation email of the cancellation. So i took them for their word and ordered a new moto x with my credit card. I even checked the only line status and it said order canceled. So guess what showed up at my door this morning, Yes the canceled original Moto X !!!! I was pissed i called them and gave them hell for incompetence. All i was told was sorry the agent processed the cancellation incorrectly, but to add insult to injury the second moto x i had has the speaker defect. The agent told me i had to pay $25 for an exchange and i flipped. I said you mean to tell me that you screw up a cancellation and send me a broken phone and you expect me to pay $25??? I asked for a supervisor and still another person that barely spoke English say the same thing. So i threatend them with contacting the BBB.org . I asked for the highest authority and i finally got someone that sounded like they were from the states... She waived the $25 fee and gave me a code to build a new moto X and $50.00 credit for accessories.. So also assured me that she will process the refund asap oh and issued me two return shipping labels.. So i will let you guys know if its a wide spread issue or just with the one unit

iAmEFFeX

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

I contacted them 4 times before I finally got them to release the hold on my bank account and cancel the order. It was finally done, but a really horrible experience.

I did buy the phone though, just through Amazon instead.

stet

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

One of the most popular phones sold last year had a 4.7 in screen. The same is expected for this year. For those of us who want a flagship Android phone but not a "phablet", what options do we currently have?

bauger34

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site

One of the most popular phones sold last year had a 4.7 in screen. The same is expected for this year. For those of us who want a flagship Android phone but not a "phablet", what options do we currently have?

This is the big question. Sony Xperia Z5 compact? Not a big fan of square edges, but maybe that's the one.
At this point I'm waiting for the new Nexus 5 and will decide then.

Posted via the Android Central App

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

This is the big question. Sony Xperia Z5 compact? Not a big fan of square edges, but maybe that's the one.
At this point I'm waiting for the new Nexus 5 and will decide then.

I have an Xperia Z3 and the square edges are just awful it is really uncomfortable in my jeans front pocket but the G3 I had was perfect in the pocket and I have cracked my screen protector in three places due to the shape so for me another square edged phone is a definite no!

DarkTlaloc

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I think people are divided on this. I have a Note 4, and personally, I'd like a smaller phone (the S6 would be fine, for example). Different people, different use cases, etc.

socal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I've had the Nexus 6 for almost a week. Came from a Nexus 4 and S4 and couldn't pass up that $350 Amazon deal despite probably getting the Hauwei Nexus in a month or so.

I wanted a larger display, and this definitely fits the bill. Took a little over 48 hours to get used to, and now I can't imagine going back to something smaller than 5.7" ... also the front speakers are clutch, definitely a must moving forward!

Similar...got the Nexus 6 on sale about ten days ago. Took a bit to get used to the big screen, even after having the Note 3 for 18 months. Just opened up the XPE box and this thing seems tiny. I do like the smaller footprint for carrying around but hopefully I get used to the narrower screen.

Rem3Dy

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site

What phone at 4.7 was the most sold. Everything was 5 or bigger.....

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

What phone at 4.7 was the most sold. Everything was 5 or bigger.....

Sony Z3 compact was one of the best selling phones in Japan. I don't know of any phones in the US market with a ton of sales under 5.2".

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site

Returning mine as well. Not because of size, but for several other issues. First and foremost, it just feels so clumsy to operate after having become used to the simplicity of the LG4 , S6 Edge Plus+ and iPhones. Oh well, I gave it a shot.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Returning mine as well. Not because of size, but for several other issues. First and foremost, it just feels so clumsy to operate after having become used to the simplicity of the LG4 , S6 Edge Plus+ and iPhones. Oh well, I gave it a shot.

Sangs,
Can you give us an example or examples of something you found complex on the PureEdition versus the same function on the LG G4, etc? I'm still on the fence, and would like to hear the dissenting views.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Can you expand on what the several issues are?

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site

Can you expand on what the several issues are?

Sure, but don't attack me for having dissenting views. These are my personal observations, won't apply to everybody.

-- Would appear I do not like stock Android;
-- The camera is sub-par. Camera operation especially;
-- Turns out that I've become very reliant on a finger print sensor and not having one had me pulling my hair out;
-- No wireless charging;
-- The screen, compared to the S6 Edge Plus+ was like going from Blu-Ray to a standard DVD;
-- Seemed like an inordinate amount of button pushing was required to do things I could do much more easily on other phones;
-- This is not really a big deal, but it became MUCH warmer than my other phones;
-- The included charger is only one piece, you cannot swap cables;
-- Stylishly, the two raised horizontal lines on the front annoyed me; (What is the purpose of those exactly? I thought they'd have a function.)
-- The rear grippy material did not feel like it would hold up for very long.

These may all seem minor to some, but they weren't to me. I really wanted to like it as I have fond memories of my first Moto phones. Oh well.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site

Sangs,
Can you give us an example or examples of something you found complex on the PureEdition versus the same function on the LG G4, etc? I'm still on the fence, and would like to hear the dissenting views.

I don't want to repeat everything I said above, so I hope that post helps. For the record, I did not keep the LG G4s that I tried because of lagginess, but they were much simpler to use in many facets.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX