I am returning my Moto X Pure Edition

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sadly, I'm returning mine after just 1 day

-- Stylishly, the two raised horizontal lines on the front annoyed me; (What is the purpose of those exactly? I thought they'd have a function.)

On the speakers?

Last edited:

socal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site

Sure, but don't attack me for having dissenting views. These are my personal observations, won't apply to everybody.

-- Would appear I do not like stock Android;
-- The camera is sub-par. Camera operation especially;
-- Turns out that I've become very reliant on a finger print sensor and not having one had me pulling my hair out;
-- No wireless charging;
-- The screen, compared to the S6 Edge Plus+ was like going from Blu-Ray to a standard DVD;
-- Seemed like an inordinate amount of button pushing was required to do things I could do much more easily on other phones;
-- This is not really a big deal, but it became MUCH warmer than my other phones;
-- The included charger is only one piece, you cannot swap cables;
-- Stylishly, the two raised horizontal lines on the front annoyed me; (What is the purpose of those exactly? I thought they'd have a function.)
-- The rear grippy material did not feel like it would hold up for very long.

These may all seem minor to some, but they weren't to me. I really wanted to like it as I have fond memories of my first Moto phones. Oh well.

All valid points.
As far as the raised lines, I believe that's to protect the screen when you lay it face down...but not 100% sure.

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
-- Turns out that I've become very reliant on a finger print sensor and not having one had me pulling my hair out;

Yeah this is one of the things I think will bother me. Going back to a device without a fingerprint sensor will probably result in me having my device always unlocked just to avoid the inconvenience of using a pin/password or pattern unlock.

Posted via the AC app

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Yeah this is one of the things I think will bother me. Going back to a device without a fingerprint sensor will probably result in me having my device always unlocked just to avoid the inconvenience of using a pin/password or pattern unlock.

Posted via the AC app

I know it seems trivial, but I spent a lot of time placing my finger on the thing and getting pissed off once I remembered I had to enter a code instead. :)

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Sure, but don't attack me for having dissenting views. These are my personal observations, won't apply to everybody.

-- Would appear I do not like stock Android;
-- The camera is sub-par. Camera operation especially;
-- No wireless charging;
-- The screen, compared to the S6 Edge Plus+ was like going from Blu-Ray to a standard DVD;
-- Seemed like an inordinate amount of button pushing was required to do things I could do much more easily on other phones;
-- This is not really a big deal, but it became MUCH warmer than my other phones;
-- The included charger is only one piece, you cannot swap cables;
-- The rear grippy material did not feel like it would hold up for very long.

These may all seem minor to some, but they weren't to me. I really wanted to like it as I have fond memories of my first Moto phones. Oh well.

Thanks for posting.

Rem3Dy

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site

I believe they're referring to the iPhone.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yeah the iPhone has a 4.7 inch screen, but due to its large bezels it is bigger than 5 in devices.

Posted via the Android Central App

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
One of the most disappointment is battery life. I had moto x pure since last Friday and battery life seems to be worst than my s6. I have almost identical set up with same apps.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

I was getting really worried about the size right up until the moment the phone arrived and then when I opened the box I said, "Actually this isn't that bad." It real comfortable in your hand and when compared to my previous phone (Nexus 5) it's not a HUGE jump. Somehow Motorola made it work.

That was how I originally felt when I got the first Note. Hmmm. Looks big. Feels fine. What's the problem? I wouldn't mind if it were a touch bigger.

It depends on how you use your phone, to be sure. I almost never use it as a phone! The screen space is really valuable for actually doing things like surfing the net, responding to long emails, streaming a video, reading a magazine or ebook.

mattdamiz85

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The sound adjustments really irk me. I love the layout of the G4 where they added a gear icon to quickly adjust all sound options from the same screen. I hate the Moto having to press down on the volume rocker. Especially if I'm playing a game and I try to turn down the media volume and it adjusts my damn notification volume instead!!!!!! 😡

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
The sound adjustments really irk me. I love the layout of the G4 where they added a gear icon to quickly adjust all sound options from the same screen. I hate the Moto having to press down on the volume rocker. Especially if I'm playing a game and I try to turn down the media volume and it adjusts my damn notification volume instead!!!!!! ??????

Android M will take care of that for you.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I think phone is very solid overall, but I am going to send it back. I swap phone very often and I tried some of the recent flagship phones so phone wasn't really that impressive compared to what I had recently. That doesn't mean that phone is bad! I already have s6 and moto x pure wasn't upgrade for me :(

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Gave it one more day, but boxed it up a short while ago for the return trip back to Texas. Maybe I'm just too simple at middle age, but that camera is the most confounding camera I've ever had the misfortune of operating. And I used to shoot with, and develop, film back in the day and have had a slew of 35 mm and DSLRs over the years. I cannot imagine how many photo opportunities I would miss the MXPE as my daily driver.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Gave it one more day, but boxed it up a short while ago for the return trip back to Texas. Maybe I'm just too simple at middle age, but that camera is the most confounding camera I've ever had the misfortune of operating. And I used to shoot with, and develop, film back in the day and have had a slew of 35 mm and DSLRs over the years. I cannot imagine how many photo opportunities I would miss the MXPE as my daily driver.

Did you look into other camera apps aside from the pre-installed moto option? Google camera?

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
No, I did not. Wouldn't even think to do that to be honest, as I've never used a third-party camera app on any phone I've owned.

I don't rush to 3rd party apps usually as well but I'm on a nexus now so it's the pre-installed 1st party choice for me and what I was planning on using for the moto.

I'm also a big fan of photospheres so I use the google camera for that.

If you just want to return the phone then go right ahead but I know I wouldn't because I didn't like the camera app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech