I am returning my Moto X Pure Edition

hepi

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Same deal here...called to return, got an RMA, reset it, and boxed it up. I missed the Friday FedEx drop. I decided to start from scratch over that weekend and it grew on me...it really is a great phone. I'm not a fan of the low light pics and I also get a lot of misfire pics. However, the pros far outweigh the cons and, for me, the phone is really a good value.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Why is no SD card a deal breaker?

Couple fold. I travel alot. When I do keep alot of media, music, movies, and such on different sd cards so I have offline options.. Second I like having all my photos and music on sd card.. Guess I'm old school

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Couple fold. I travel alot. When I do keep alot of media, music, movies, and such on different sd cards so I have offline options.. Second I like having all my photos and music on sd card.. Guess I'm old school

Lob the ball back! Ask why is it NOT a deal breaker :) ;)

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

True.. And my mxpe has added yet another future must have. From now on phones must have dual front facing speakers. Should see everyone's face when you sit in a social settings with friends everyone starts pulling out their phones to play some music. Straining to hear the tune and Then you turn yours on and it just owns everyone else's..

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I would tried the nexii.. But no sd cards are deal breakers to even try them

For me it's a nice to have but nowhere near a deal breaker. It's a convenience that I've had for years, haven't had for years, and don't feel that I need.

Given 2 identical phones with 1 micro SD support and 1 without I'll go with but when it comes to deciding between phones it's way down the priority list.

I travel a lot as well but I've learned to get by with cloud storage and downloading media before I'm going to be without a connection. I also have a nexus 9 for media consumption as well.

If I was keeping my MXPE I would even swap the SD card support for nexus imprint in a heartbeat.

When it comes to deal breakers I'll reserve that for things like...

battery size
screen size
screen resolution
build quality
pure android
software updates

Not everything gets to be a deal breaker and micro SD card support just doesn't make the short list. Now as Ryaan said having stereo front facing speakers that can get loud without sounding god awful is amazing. I would be very very hard pressed to give up that feature and that could be a deal breaker for me.

Everyone has different priorities and things they look for in a phone so there's no one right answer but clearly SD card support is dying, google doesn't like it and OEM's are dropping it.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Sad to post, but I received my RMA and return sticker last night, and boxed and dropped off my package today - Exactly on the 14th day since it arrived. I have nothing harsh to say about the phone, whatsoever. My only negative is that I wish it had a bit better battery life, but it should in no way detract anyone from buying it, as it should be sufficient for most people out there. I had to make a choice, since my itchy trigger finger hit 'buy it now' 3 weeks ago on the Google store page, and I ordered a Nexus 6p. It should be arriving in about a week, so it really made no sense for me to have both phones as I was at the end of the MXPE 14-day return.

So far the initial reviews of the Nexus are extremely good, but if for some reason the phone ends up being a dud, the MXPE will definitely be the phone I go back to.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
With the google now launcher the N6P has a 5x5 home screen layout while the MXPE has a 4x4.

Take it for what it's worth but as someone making the switch it's another little thing that makes me happy.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
With the google now launcher the N6P has a 5x5 home screen layout while the MXPE has a 4x4.

Take it for what it's worth but as someone making the switch it's another little thing that makes me happy.

Are you sure this isn't a Android 6.0 option. I have Marshmallow on my Nexus 5 but still only have 4x4 but it is a smaller screen. It could be 5x5 due to the larger screen resolution. Would be nice to ask someone who is apart of the 6.0 test for the Moto X Pure Edition.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure this isn't a Android 6.0 option. I have Marshmallow on my Nexus 5 but still only have 4x4 but it is a smaller screen. It could be 5x5 due to the larger screen resolution. Would be nice to ask someone who is apart of the 6.0 test for the Moto X Pure Edition.

I don't think android version has anything to do with it, I've got the same version of the google now launcher on the nexus 5 and the moto x PE. I could be wrong but I'm guessing it has something to do with the phone on Moto's end since the google launcher lives outside of the OS itself.

Side rant, it drives me nuts when these reviewers talk about the google now launcher update in their nexus reviews. This is in no way nexus specific or even marshmallow. specific.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I don't think android version has anything to do with it, I've got the same version of the google now launcher on the nexus 5 and the moto x PE. I could be wrong but I'm guessing it has something to do with the phone on Moto's end since the google launcher lives outside of the OS itself.

Side rant, it drives me nuts when these reviewers talk about the google now launcher update in their nexus reviews. This is in no way nexus specific or even marshmallow. specific.

Unless the google launcher is checked the OS version and the screen resolution. The only way to tell would be a breakdown of the APK or find someone that has Android 6.0 and the same resolution.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Unless the google launcher is checked the OS version and the screen resolution. The only way to tell would be a breakdown of the APK or find someone that has Android 6.0 and the same resolution.

We'll find out when the MXPE gets marshmallow. Either way it's not the biggest deal in the world but it's a nice have.

Little things like this are also the perks of going with the nexus over anything else. You don't have to worry about what your phone will be like after an update because you get first crack at it and google designed it. Android was made for nexus and nexus was made for android so you don't have to worry.

I'm not trying to blow things out of perspective or convince everyone to jump ship from the MXPE, just an interesting tidbit to share.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
We'll find out when the MXPE gets marshmallow. Either way it's not the biggest deal in the world but it's a nice have.

Little things like this are also the perks of going with the nexus over anything else. You don't have to worry about what your phone will be like after an update because you get first crack at it and google designed it. Android was made for nexus and nexus was made for android so you don't have to worry.

I'm not trying to blow things out of perspective or convince everyone to jump ship from the MXPE, just an interesting tidbit to share.

Yeah I like Nexus, I have a 2013 Nexus 5. I am just not a fan of AMOLED screens. If the 6P had IPS LCD screen I would be getting that.

As you said this isn't a big deal. It really does not matter to me but I do agree it would be nice to have.

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

My N6 on VZW does not have Marshmallow yet. So much for quick updates. The way things look my MXPE may get it first. Who knows?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I'll take the expandable storage over 5X5 any day. I use the SD for media and device storage for apps. A lot more storage and no cloud or OTG that has poor media integration.

ibleedbloo

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm sending back my phone but don't have the charger as it gotten forgotten in a hotel room. Any idea what moto will charge me for not returning everything?

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I'll take the expandable storage over 5X5 any day. I use the SD for media and device storage for apps. A lot more storage and no cloud or OTG that has poor media integration.
Just an observation is all, hopefully the MXPE will get it also.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis