I am returning my Moto X Pure Edition

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Re: Sadly, I'm returning mine after just 1 day

Not every device will appeal to everyone. With so many choices available you'll find something you will like unless you're staying with what you had prior.

The price point is appropriate and this is not meant to be a top tier device but Moto has done it well, in my opinion.

When size is the deciding factor, there are a lot of choices, but almost all of the smaller phones now are substantially lower performance/quality. It sucks to have to give up so many of the nice features like premium materials, better processors, RAM, camera, etc just to have a phone you can use with one hand comfortably. (Of course some things have to sacrificed, screen size and battery size being the first to go usually, but a lot could remain the same.)

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Personal choice :) On another point, apparently per reviews the speakers on the 6p are nowhere near as good as the MXPE's.

I never really gave speakers any consideration when getting the MXPE, since I didn't think the speakers were that bad on the 2014 MX. But dang - now it would be really tough to go back to a phone without those front-facing stereo speakers.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes the phone is just too big for daily use, but great for those times you want a phablet instead of a chiclet phone. Big bummer that the Moto E is now a DOA phone since they won't be updating beyond 5.1.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes the phone is just too big for daily use, but great for those times you want a phablet instead of a chiclet phone. Big bummer that the Moto E is now a DOA phone since they won't be updating beyond 5.1.

Yep. Just depends on the person. The "phablet" size has become normal for me -- in day to day use and when I need to consume media :).

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Just depends on the person. The "phablet" size has become normal for me -- in day to day use and when I need to consume media :).

I never thought I'd like a big phone, since I had a 2013 Moto X. It only took me 2 days to get used to the size of the MXPE. Now anything smaller seems tiny to me. I don't have huge hands. I wear size 8 gloves.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Personal choice :) On another point, apparently per reviews the speakers on the 6p are nowhere near as good as the MXPE's.

From what I've seen anyone who does the review without making a comparison says the speakers on the N6P are really good.

Anyone who compares them to the MXPE seems to think they are close but the MXPE is better. I haven't seen anything going as far as "nowhere near as good".

My guess is on the grand scale of phone speakers you're comparing a 9 to a 10.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I never thought I'd like a big phone, since I had a 2013 Moto X. It only took me 2 days to get used to the size of the MXPE. Now anything smaller seems tiny to me. I don't have huge hands. I wear size 8 gloves.

I had to turn on my first gen Moto X a couple of days ago. OMG tiny. lol.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
So what do you guys think about the bezels on the MXPE. I've never had so many issues with accidental touches on a phone before.

I'm not complaining because I love the design both for the aesthetics and practicality but I'm curious if other people are running into this.

The N6P adds about 1mm on each side so I'm also curious if the experience will be any different.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So what do you guys think about the bezels on the MXPE. I've never had so many issues with accidental touches on a phone before.

I'm not complaining because I love the design both for the aesthetics and practicality but I'm curious if other people are running into this.

The N6P adds about 1mm on each side so I'm also curious if the experience will be any different.

I don't mind it too much. On occasion I have done the accidental screen touch but not enough to be a bother. Usually only when I'm trying to do other things and be on the phone at the same time (like holding the phone at my side) and forgetting to lock it :p lol.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't mind it too much. On occasion I have done the accidental screen touch but not enough to be a bother. Usually only when I'm trying to do other things and be on the phone at the same time (like holding the phone at my side) and forgetting to lock it :p lol.

I've long pressed the home screen more times than I can count and sometimes I'll be doing something like clash and the phone ignores my touches because one of my other fingers is already touching the screen.

I guess I need to just get used to it, I definitely will trade this for large bezels.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Still have yet to find that review thta says the speakers are nowhere near as good on the 6P. Here's 2 recent reviews from people who didn't rush out a review and have opinions I value.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc5fFvp8le4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucj48I1AVLk

Again, the point isn't to bash one phone or the other but to avoid opinions presented as fact without citing any evidence.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I bought mine second hand. It's 15 days old. I can't return the little guy because I'm not the original buyer, and I would if I could. I want to go back to the S6 because of the camera. I am a big camera user, and tonight at my son's concert was the worst. Everything was blurry and grainy no matter how much I played with it.

If ya know anyone swapping a S6, let me know.

Otherwise, it was a great experience for my first Motorola, but I want my stock camera to frigging work!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
From what I've seen anyone who does the review without making a comparison says the speakers on the N6P are really good.

Anyone who compares them to the MXPE seems to think they are close but the MXPE is better. I haven't seen anything going as far as "nowhere near as good".

My guess is on the grand scale of phone speakers you're comparing a 9 to a 10.
The reviews I have read describe the 6P speakers as tinny.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

A bumper fixes the bezel issue :)

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Yup.

I kind of prefer to have a case or bumper when the bezels are small. They were small on my first gen Moto X too.
I also like a bumper or case, since I like to place my phone screen down on a desk or table. The extra thickness keeps the screen from touching the surface of the desk or table.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy