I am returning my Moto X Pure Edition

bauger34

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
It's just too big. There are a few other reasons, but the size is the real deciding factor.

The screen not being AMOLED is a disappointment.
Obviously didn't have it long enough to get a real look at battery life, but it was pretty apparent that it wasn't going to be any better than my 2nd gen Moto X.

I will say that fast charging on this phone is VERY fast. Also, the attentive display works noticeably better than on previous models.

Besides that, the phone basically performs the same as my 2nd gen with a screen that is too big. No reason for me to want it over my old phone.
Seems like a quick decision, but I'm already much happier back on the 2nd gen.

Posted via the Android Central App

SigmundSL

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Sadly, I'm returning mine after just 1 day

I'll give it a try. A big screen is awesome to check documents and websites freely.

iAmEFFeX

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

Well, it's all personal opinion.

I didn't think that I could possibly like a phone this big, but after taking it out of the box all my worries were gone. I think that it will work for some people and not for others. I do a lot of web browsing on my phone so it makes it much easier to read. All preference.

bauger34

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site

I didn't think that I could possibly like a phone this big, but after taking it out of the box all my worries were gone. I think that it will work for some people and not for others. I do a lot of web browsing on my phone so it makes it much easier to read. All preference.

Agreed, and I hope that most other people share your opinion. I want this phone to do well still. I like how Motorola is selling it and how it the same device works on all 4 major carriers.
I wanted to like it as I don't like Samsung or LGs UI, and I refuse to switch to iOS. Hoping I like the new Nexus. I'll miss the Moto features though.

linuxmel

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

Agreed, and I hope that most other people share your opinion. I want this phone to do well still. I like how Motorola is selling it and how it the same device works on all 4 major carriers.
I wanted to like it as I don't like Samsung or LGs UI, and I refuse to switch to iOS. Hoping I like the new Nexus. I'll miss the Moto features though.

Talking about the size, how are you guys doing it now, or plan in future to carry the phone around? Pocket case etc

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

After using my Nexus 6 for a few weeks, this phone feels to be about the same size as my Turbo. Sorry you didn't like it. I'm loving mine so far. Perfect compromise between the other phones.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Not every device will appeal to everyone. With so many choices available you'll find something you will like unless you're staying with what you had prior.

The price point is appropriate and this is not meant to be a top tier device but Moto has done it well, in my opinion.

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I don't have mine yet, but I suspect it'll feel small compared to my Nexus 6 LOL

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

I feel exactly the same way

Sent from my XT1575

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I don't have mine yet, but I suspect it'll feel small compared to my Nexus 6 LOL

Ha it will. The width makes all the difference.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site

2nd day... I was really concerned about the size of the phone coming from the original Moto X, but I have to admit that I really like the size. In fact, it feels smaller than many of the phones of this size.

I assume there are a minority of people (like the author of this thread) where this size will be a dealbreaker, but most people like this size. It's a reflection of the market.

redeyss

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Getting used to the size and loving the screen, seems like it's popping right out of the front of the phone. Also love the the stereo front facing speakers. I think giving it a week is fair to get used to the size.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I actually got it due to the screen.. Or well that's one positive in my book. I can't stand small screens anymore. Everything I view feels cramped.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

I want it because of the screen size. As you get older bigger is better. I am currently using Turbo and hope to get it the 16th

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Obviously didn't have it long enough to get a real look at battery life, but it was pretty apparent that it wasn't going to be any better than my 2nd gen Moto X.

This is the concerning part to me. My 2014 X is basically a 4 hour SOT over 22-26 hours on my use case (I use it as a work device, so mostly email, text, calls). Other threads are reporting the X Pure with battery life similar to the Note 5, which is more like 5-6 hours over 28-32 hours based on reports from people that use their devices in a way similar to the way I use devices. Obviously that's a pretty big discrepancy, 25-50% SOT difference makes a pretty big difference in whether or not a device is "good" or "great".

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Sadly, I'm returning mine after just 1 day

I actually got it due to the screen.. Or well that's one positive in my book. I can't stand small screens anymore. Everything I view feels cramped.

The S4 seems tiny now and that size seemed huge when updated from Razr to the S3..

bauger34

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site

This is the concerning part to me. My 2014 X is basically a 4 hour SOT over 22-26 hours on my use case (I use it as a work device, so mostly email, text, calls). Other threads are reporting the X Pure with battery life similar to the Note 5, which is more like 5-6 hours over 28-32 hours based on reports from people that use their devices in a way similar to the way I use devices. Obviously that's a pretty big discrepancy, 25-50% SOT difference makes a pretty big difference in whether or not a device is "good" or "great".

The standby time appeared much better. Screen on time wasn't, but again, haven't had it long enough to tell. It also wasn't the deciding factor since that wouldn't really be a fair assessment.

Most people seem to like the larger size so far. Or at least the people responding.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Personally, to give a fair assessment to any device, I would use it as a daily driver for at least a week.

after using it a few days, you might be more comfortable with the size. Also, you would give the battery some time to settle in

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5