09-09-2016 03:01 PM
464 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Full data coming later tonight. please stand by
    Thanks that will help. I keep getting mixed reviews about the battery life.
    10-02-2015 12:51 PM
    I dont know how are you guys getting over 4hrs of SOT...
    I'm on the same boat.
    I cannot get above 3 hours SOT. Unless I don't use the device, which defies the purpose of having one in first place.
    10-02-2015 01:06 PM
    I'm on the same boat.
    I cannot get above 3 hours SOT. Unless I don't use the device, which defies the purpose of having one in first place.
    I can get over four hours if no gaming, or apps that push the GPU, or use LTE in weak signal areas. 4.5 hours in that case, but active notifications and eye sensors are off. My usual is 3.5 hours with a little gaming and Youtube watching. Again- with active display and eye sensors off.

20% display brightness, since that equals 40% that I have my Note 4 set to. BTW, active display and the eye sensors for me were about 20% of battery life. I miss a notification LED.
    10-02-2015 01:29 PM
    Honestly, my battery life has been pretty crappy. But I am also using my phone a ton more since getting this one. Thankfully, though, the turbo charger makes this a much smaller issue than it would otherwise be.

Sent from my Moto X Pure using Tapatalk.
    10-03-2015 02:31 AM
    Ok here is the info and screenshots coming from my device. I usually take my phone off the charger at 7AM, I take a 25 min drive to work. I usually stream my podcast to my head unit on the way to work and on the way back. I use manual refresh from my twitter app. I have 2 email accounts One is set to pull email every hr and the other one is set to pull emails as they come in. I use Google Plus, the Destiny (Bungie) app, and Tapatalk the most. I usually dont game or watch videos on my phone on my daily basis. Mostly social media, email and websites. I do take about 5 pics per day. I usually place my phone back on the charger about 6-7PM AT 14% or 12% left of battery. I keep my screen brightness at 40% and I do have most of the time a Moto 360 with me. Now on to the screenshots: (feel free to ask questions/usually my opo would last me until 10:30pm)

How's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?-screenshot_2015-10-02-18-06-30.png
    How's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?-screenshot_2015-10-02-18-06-22.png
    How's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?-screenshot_2015-10-02-18-06-16.png
    10-03-2015 08:22 AM
    I can get over four hours if no gaming, or apps that push the GPU, or use LTE in weak signal areas. 4.5 hours in that case, but active notifications and eye sensors are off. My usual is 3.5 hours with a little gaming and Youtube watching. Again- with active display and eye sensors off.

20% display brightness, since that equals 40% that I have my Note 4 set to. BTW, active display and the eye sensors for me were about 20% of battery life. I miss a notification LED.
    I've been reading your posts as I have a note 4 and very much want to switch back to a moto x... But your posts have me concerned. I switched to the note for the battery only and believe I'm taking a step back if I do switch, especially not being to swap out the battery quickly.
    10-03-2015 09:19 AM
    Everyone's usage is different but I have a hard time understanding why if you're in a car driving why it's not being charged and with with quick charging that would make a big difference. Also, I don't know why your Google play services battery use is so high.
    thejesse and VoltaicShock like this.
    10-03-2015 09:20 AM
    I shouldn't have to (charge on the car). Phones should have enough battery to get you through the day. You should be able to use it without having to worry about whether is going to die or not before you get home which is what I got from my OPO. I was able to use it without having to worry about battery life. I think Motorola should have considered the screen size, resolution and the CPU processing power before deciding on battery size. I think everyone would have agree that a larger battery like (3400 or 3500) would have been perfect for this device. And this is not to blame Motorola only, many companies do this and it really needs to stop. Get us a bigger battery, we will all benefit and thank you for it.

This is not to say that if your phone dies at 5pm because you were playing games the entire time we should blame hardware manufacturers for that. But you should be able to make it through the day with normal daily usage no questions ask.

I really dig the feel/look of the Moto x and the speakers on that thing are rocking but battery life is high on my list of priorities and I just cant go back to having crappy battery life. Needless to say I will be going back to my OPO for now. I pre-ordered the Nexus 6P (looking forward to checking out the battery life on that)
    10-03-2015 09:36 AM
    That's fine. As I said everyone's usage is different. I don't see the big deal about charging it in the car if it would then easily get me through the day, but if another phone works better for your needs, that's the beauty of Android. Of the other two, I'd be much more interested in the 6P than the OPO. Do you have the 2 or 1?
    thejesse likes this.
    10-03-2015 10:40 AM
    That's fine. As I said everyone's usage is different. I don't see the big deal about charging it in the car if it would then easily get me through the day, but if another phone works better for your needs, that's the beauty of Android. Of the other two, I'd be much more interested in the 6P than the OPO. Do you have the 2 or 1?
    I have the OPO 1. Didnt like that 2 didnt have NFC which according to friends Im very weird in the sense of I use NFC all the time lol. Hopefully the N6P is good (fingers cross)
    10-03-2015 10:58 AM
    I have the OPO 1. Didnt like that 2 didnt have NFC which according to friends Im very weird in the sense of I use NFC all the time lol. Hopefully the N6P is good (fingers cross)
    My biggest issue with the 6p is the amoled screen. I am worried about burn in.
    10-03-2015 11:05 AM
    Everyone's usage is different but I have a hard time understanding why if you're in a car driving why it's not being charged and with with quick charging that would make a big difference. Also, I don't know why your Google play services battery use is so high.
    Exaclty. Why wouldn't you plug in the device whole driving.
    10-03-2015 11:07 AM
    Exaclty. Why wouldn't you plug in the device whole driving.
    Because he shouldn't have to, he's not asking the phone to last all day while he plays games and watch netflix,he's a moderate user and wants the battery to last a full day which it should

Posted via the Android Central App
    damian015 likes this.
    10-03-2015 11:53 AM
    I've been reading your posts as I have a note 4 and very much want to switch back to a moto x... But your posts have me concerned. I switched to the note for the battery only and believe I'm taking a step back if I do switch, especially not being to swap out the battery quickly.
    I use my Note 4 as back up for now. I like the speakers and the better radios in low signal areas on the Pure. I am testing with a bunch of GPU heavy apps this weekend to see if my findings are correct about the GPU.
    10-03-2015 12:03 PM
    Do you turn it off when your not using it?
    I have normally not had to do that with phones in the past but I find with this phone having to do that.
    10-03-2015 12:06 PM
    My biggest issue with the 6p is the amoled screen. I am worried about burn in.
    I've had my Galaxy S4 for two years now and I've had absolutely no problem with burn in.

Ordered a Pure the other day though because the S4 is a terribly slow phone.
    10-03-2015 12:11 PM
    I shouldn't have to (charge on the car). Phones should have enough battery to get you through the day. You should be able to use it without having to worry about whether is going to die or not before you get home which is what I got from my OPO. I was able to use it without having to worry about battery life. I think Motorola should have considered the screen size, resolution and the CPU processing power before deciding on battery size. I think everyone would have agree that a larger battery like (3400 or 3500) would have been perfect for this device. And this is not to blame Motorola only, many companies do this and it really needs to stop. Get us a bigger battery, we will all benefit and thank you for it.

This is not to say that if your phone dies at 5pm because you were playing games the entire time we should blame hardware manufacturers for that. But you should be able to make it through the day with normal daily usage no questions ask.

I really dig the feel/look of the Moto x and the speakers on that thing are rocking but battery life is high on my list of priorities and I just cant go back to having crappy battery life. Needless to say I will be going back to my OPO for now. I pre-ordered the Nexus 6P (looking forward to checking out the battery life on that)
    I agree with you if you are a moderate user you shouldn't have to have it constantly charging in the car, I really fancy a new phone as I have a weakness for trying different phones and I was dead set on getting the Style BUT the battery life bothers me and I know everyone has different useage but there are a lot of people who are getting really poor battery life, I like my phone screen to be nice and bright so if I got the Style I am sure it wouldn't last me long.

I wasn't sure about it at first but the new Nexus 6P is really grabbing my interest as hopefully that battery might last longer than the Style!
    10-03-2015 12:49 PM
    BTW as an FYI, the Nexus 6p will be using a last generation Samsung screen as per the nexus team. Hopefully that will be a plus.
    10-03-2015 01:06 PM
    Because he shouldn't have to, he's not asking the phone to last all day while he plays games and watch netflix,he's a moderate user and wants the battery to last a full day which it should

Exactly. Its not that I cant, its that I shouldn't have to.
    10-03-2015 01:07 PM
    Exactly. Its not that I cant, its that I shouldn't have to.
    I totally get that you shouldn't have to and I can absolutely see why mediocre battery life is a deal breaker for many folks. But charging in the car just seems like a good practice. You never know what might come up and when your next charge might be.
    I've always charged whenever I'm driving. Even my OnePlus One which had the best battery performance of any smartphone I've owned.

10-03-2015 01:43 PM
    Wouldn't it be great if Moto Maker offered options for screen resolution and/or battery size?
    I would have ordered a 1080/3400mah combo in a heartbeat.

On2Vegas and MazoMark like this.
    10-03-2015 01:58 PM
    Wouldn't it be great if Moto Maker offered options for screen resolution and/or battery size?

That is a great idea I would have ordered the same
    thejesse likes this.
    10-03-2015 02:25 PM

That would have solved every problem with this phone, other than the camera contrast/blooming/clipping issue.

FreakSquadJK and thejesse like this.
    10-03-2015 02:42 PM

That would have been sweet. I would have totally done that
    thejesse likes this.
    10-03-2015 02:58 PM
    I've had my Galaxy S4 for two years now and I've had absolutely no problem with burn in.

Ordered a Pure the other day though because the S4 is a terribly slow phone.
    That is good to know. I just haven't had good luck with AMOLED screens.
    10-03-2015 03:26 PM
464 ... 89101112 ...