09-09-2016 04:01 PM
464 ... 16171819
tools
    I just got this Motorola X Pure last weekend when my HTC One M9 went under water. I'm blown away by the battery life. I have an Huawei Android watch tethered with Bluetooth and I'm at 64 percent almost 10 hours off the charger. That includes texting, and some other use. It's so superior to the M9. I hope it's the same type of battery life months from now

Posted via the Android Central App
    pankaj981 likes this.
    06-29-2016 12:07 AM
    Try to avoid use turbo charging unless you really need it as I think it's degraded my battery over time. I've had it since launch last September.
    06-29-2016 08:19 AM
    After almost 1 year it only lasts about 5 hrs. Very disappointing. I charge it about 3 times per day.
    07-04-2016 11:15 AM
    For whatever reason doze is actually working well now, maybe I deleted the right app. But using the screen kills this battery, as does a poor signal or using the GPS. I don't game.
    07-04-2016 02:19 PM
    I have been using my 16GB MXPE (everything stock) with a 32GB Samsung microSD card (adoptable storage works really well after a few hiccups) and battery life is good, I get almost 3-4 days of standby with 3-3.5 hours of screen on time. This is a standby device with the usage mostly being due to the testing Android and gaming. It also has a LTE turned on with a spare Cricket Wireless SIM.
    07-04-2016 08:59 PM
    I jinxed it by posting here too soon, it's dropped off, maybe because I've added some new apps but it's disappointing, from 100% to 20% in about 10 hours. Mostly texting. I've cut the SOT time to a minute from 2 and lowered brightness.
    07-07-2016 11:44 AM
    Ive had my pure x for about 1 week and have yet to make it through a day without looking for a charger. Ive been really disappointed with battery life coming from my note 4. I did update to 6.0 the day got it and checked apps to see whats not optimized. I manually sync emails, turned bluetooth off, on wifi most of the day. Cell reception is bad at my job which is likely a culprit. Had a droid maxx a few years back and loved that phone, had high hopes for thia one. So far i give battery a 2/10
    Is it getting any better? Have you found a workaround to help the situation?
    07-27-2016 09:45 AM
    My battery life sometimes doesn't get me through the day anymore. My MXPE is 7 months old. Lately I have gone back to my iPhone 6+ for the stellar battery life. So nice not having to worry about charging till bedtime and even then have an easy 40% or better left in the tank. Only problem with this solution is it's GD iOS. LOL! I come back to android when I can't take apple anymore. But then it;s the battery again. So gotta pick my poison.
    07-27-2016 12:31 PM
    I get stellar battery life as long as I leave the screen off and never touch the phone. 😋
    07-28-2016 04:59 PM
    I am new to the X, barely a week old now... Coming from the G3 battery life sucks, I am used to 4-5 hours screen on time per day with battery to spare. It seems like the screen is the huge battery killer, outside where the screen is bright kills the battery really fast, but if I can stay indoors and keep the brightness down, battery life is acceptable.
    07-28-2016 06:46 PM
    Yeah-the screen is a battery hog plus anything that really uses the gpu.
    07-28-2016 07:56 PM
    I alternate between my BB Priv and My Moto X...I was really hoping that the Moto X would show better battery performance that the Priv, but no such luck...in fact I'd say that my Priv's battery last longer for the most part and both are running Marshmallow.
    08-03-2016 02:48 PM
    My battery life sometimes doesn't get me through the day anymore. My MXPE is 7 months old. Lately I have gone back to my iPhone 6+ for the stellar battery life. So nice not having to worry about charging till bedtime and even then have an easy 40% or better left in the tank. Only problem with this solution is it's GD iOS. LOL! I come back to android when I can't take apple anymore. But then it;s the battery again. So gotta pick my poison.
    How stellar is the battery life on your iPhone 6+ ?? To your knowledge, is the 6S' battery performance comparable to that of the 6+ ??
    08-03-2016 02:50 PM
    How stellar is the battery life on your iPhone 6+ ?? To your knowledge, is the 6S' battery performance comparable to that of the 6+ ??
    The 6+ has excellent battery life. I use both phones the same. 2915mAh vs 3000mAh, so almost the same size. IOS just does battery better. 6s+ is 2750mAh so a bit smaller. But might be OK. Do not have any time with a 6s+. Android's always been power hogs.
    08-03-2016 03:21 PM
    The 6+ has excellent battery life. I use both phones the same. 2915mAh vs 3000mAh, so almost the same size. IOS just does battery better. 6s+ is 2750mAh so a bit smaller. But might be OK. Do not have any time with a 6s+. Android's always been power hogs.
    Thanks for sharing your insight, much appreciated!!
    08-03-2016 06:42 PM
    So after 16 days with the device and a couple full battery cycles... with really good mobile signal I can get 4 hours of SOT but the battery is under 15%, poor signal (like at work) it struggles to make 3 hours SOT, and if you go outside in the bright daylight maybe 1.5 hours. I have yet to have a great mobile signal and be on good WiFi all day, that is usually very battery friendly so I am assuming (hoping) 5+ hours SOT is possible under ideal conditions. I find myself charging mid-day quite often and carrying a small charger pack, something I very rarely did with Moto G 2015.

The battery life for high-end features like 21MP camera and 2k display are a tough trade off to get used to... the display is wonderful, bright, vibrant, and super clear, and the camera takes amazing pictures by comparison to many phones.

I am literally on the fence of switching back... I took out my G3 this morning and factory defaulted it, started setting it up, and about half-way through the restore decided it wasn't worth it and just dumped it and defaulted it and put it back in the box, and is again sitting on the shelf as a potential backup or test device device sitting next to my Lumia 640.
    08-05-2016 10:35 AM
    I've found by checking adaptive brightness and sleep after 1 minute of inactivity, battery life gets better. Like I said earlier, I have a Huawei Android watch connected by BT, I'm around 100% when I start work and usually at between 50-60% when I'm done 8 hours later with moderate use (email, texting, web). I'm fine with that.
    08-05-2016 11:40 AM
    Disclaimer: I am not an Apple guy, but am somewhat of a gadget guy.
    Was running my pandora to my Bose off my MXPE while I was using my iPhone 6+ and it drops pretty significantly just doing that and nothing else.
    Decided to shelve the MXPE for awhile and use the 6+ exclusively. Running pandora thru the 6+ again now as well as doing everything else with. Wow, what a change regarding the battery life. Nite and Day! I prefer android for sure. but having a phone last all day and night doing everything is a close second and catching up fast. 6+ is 2 years old and has a slightly smaller battery. MXPE is 7 months old and it feels like the battery is undersized.
    Note to self: Next android device needs a minimum of 3500mAh battery at the very least.
    08-05-2016 01:10 PM
    It's not just the battery size, it's also the screen type, processor and gpu that are culprits.
    08-05-2016 01:36 PM
    It's not just the battery size, it's also the screen type, processor and gpu that are culprits.
    Yup, totally agree. Androids always been power hungry even sometimes doing such simple things as web browsing mine will get warm.
    pankaj981 likes this.
    08-05-2016 07:27 PM
    Disclaimer: I am not an Apple guy, but am somewhat of a gadget guy.
    Was running my pandora to my Bose off my MXPE while I was using my iPhone 6+ and it drops pretty significantly just doing that and nothing else.
    Decided to shelve the MXPE for awhile and use the 6+ exclusively. Running pandora thru the 6+ again now as well as doing everything else with. Wow, what a change regarding the battery life. Nite and Day! I prefer android for sure. but having a phone last all day and night doing everything is a close second and catching up fast. 6+ is 2 years old and has a slightly smaller battery. MXPE is 7 months old and it feels like the battery is undersized.
    Note to self: Next android device needs a minimum of 3500mAh battery at the very least.
    I don't think that it's all Android devices in general, I'm beginning to think that the large ips display on the MXPE is a bit of a battery hog. My BB Priv has a large Super Amoled display and it does a bit better. Turning down the brightness and time-out time generally help quite a bit.
    08-08-2016 08:56 AM
    I don't think that it's all Android devices in general, I'm beginning to think that the large ips display on the MXPE is a bit of a battery hog. My BB Priv has a large Super Amoled display and it does a bit better. Turning down the brightness and time-out time generally help quite a bit.
    No, don't think it's all either. MXPE and 6+ are both LCD. I keep the screen at 50%. Used to have it at 100% and saw little change if any when I lowered it. I always use the phone about the same everyday and some days are fine, some not. I don't think it's the battery anyway, it's the way the phone handles the power it takes to do the tasks. I boost the charge as needed so not that big of a deal. My next phone won't have less than a 3500mAh.
    08-08-2016 10:30 AM
    No, don't think it's all either. MXPE and 6+ are both LCD. I keep the screen at 50%. Used to have it at 100% and saw little change if any when I lowered it. I always use the phone about the same everyday and some days are fine, some not. I don't think it's the battery anyway, it's the way the phone handles the power it takes to do the tasks. I boost the charge as needed so not that big of a deal. My next phone won't have less than a 3500mAh.
    Definitely agree that the Moto X Pure's battery performance is a bit of a let down. Great backup phone nonetheless.
    08-09-2016 01:20 PM
    The MXPE has good battery life as long as the apps used are not GPU heavy and in a good signal area for LTE. The two things that hurt the MXPE though for battery life and both appear linked to the 808:

1. Apps that are GPU heavy nearly choke the device, resulting in battery drain and heat. The 1440p LCD does not help here.
    2. If the signal strength is not good, the battery life when connected to data is bad and the heat picks up as well.

I am not sure how much of this is due to the device design, or the 808 chip. My guess is the combo of an LCD and the 808 is the issue.

BTW, you can tell how heavy an app is with GPU use based on the heat and battery drain increase. The app does not have to be 3D heavy to be GPU heavy. Even web browsers and certain sites can be GPU heavy.
    benjamminh likes this.
    08-12-2016 09:55 AM
    Battery life and the failure for its "pure" status to mean much other than the first quick update to marshmallow are my biggest complaints. I really believe even using the turbocharger even moderately has degraded the battery over time.
    08-12-2016 02:56 PM
464 ... 16171819