How's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
About how many hours off the charger is that? And do you happen to know the temp your phone reaches when streaming YouTube (if you have gsam or some similar monitoring app)? I'm questioning whether or not I should be replacing this phone because it gets really hot all the time (105-110 from simply watching YouTube on wifi with low brightness).

Looking back over six days of battery history, the only time temperatures were 105+ occurred with video and charging. From what I remember there are a few rare spikes of 100+ from HD video not charging. Rarely stream anything when not on WiFi. In my experience non-WiFi ran hotter - but don't hold me to that since I do it once in a while. In the interest of full disclosure - I don't stream either for long periods or a lot of HD video on the phone. Tablet is the device of choice for those activities. A 10 screen is still significantly better that the MXPE.

jonathanlc2005

May 4, 2010
Visit site
2 1/2 hour screen time

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-05-21-03-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-05-21-03-55.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_2015-11-05-21-05-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-05-21-05-04.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_2015-11-05-21-05-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-05-21-05-17.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_2015-11-05-21-06-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-05-21-06-15.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 35

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I have yet to reach over 3 hrs and 15 mins SoT and that was maybe once or twice while at home connected to wifi all day. This morning was slow at work so I was bouncing between social media(twitter, Facebook) the AC app, Flipboard, some chrome browsing and going between DraftKings and the score app setting a lineup. I was off the charger at 4 am, 20 minute drive to work streaming a podcast and I was down to around 30% by 930-10 am. I would hesitate to say the battery life on this phone is bad but I definitely conserve how much I use it when I'm going to be away from a charger all day.

All of that listed above was with a good signal on T-Mobile with the screen brightness around 15-20%.

Posted via the Android Central App

How long have you had the phone? Forgive me if you've already said, I didn't see it.
I've had my XPE for three weeks now and I average 4.5 hour of sot and it's usually between 20 and 26 hours before I need to charge it again, depending on use. The first week was 3 hrs of sot and I needed to charge it after 12 hours.
I did notice that my battery drained faster today when I was on the new craptastic wifi at my work.
I keep my phone at 40-50% brightness.
I'm not yet as comfortable as I was with my s5 that I rarely needed to worry about even with a removable battery, but I'm pretty comfortable.
I'd say that on a heavy usage day, I can get 15-16 hours out of a charge. Moderate usage, 21-26.

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
i know i just got it this past monday... so im curious if i want to report it to the company as defective

I'd give it 8 days. You have two weeks to return it, no questions asked, and it's also under warranty
My battery life was bad until the 7th day. They say it takes 6-7 cycles to settle in, and in my experience, that was true.

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out how you lost that much battery. I use mine all day flipping between things and it isn't this bad.

Also did you plug it in on your commute? I know it is only 20 minutes but I would still plug it in. If you happen to get a quick charge 2.0 for the car that 20 minutes would give you more battery.

I usually do. And I had a charger with me throughout the day I was just trying to see how fast it would drain some medium-heavy usage. One of my biggest drains is and has been since the day I got my phone, the mobile radio active bug. I have no idea how to fix that.

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
How long have you had the phone? Forgive me if you've already said, I didn't see it.
I've had my XPE for three weeks now and I average 4.5 hour of sot and it's usually between 20 and 26 hours before I need to charge it again, depending on use. The first week was 3 hrs of sot and I needed to charge it after 12 hours.
I did notice that my battery drained faster today when I was on the new craptastic wifi at my work.
I keep my phone at 40-50% brightness.
I'm not yet as comfortable as I was with my s5 that I rarely needed to worry about even with a removable battery, but I'm pretty comfortable.
I'd say that on a heavy usage day, I can get 15-16 hours out of a charge. Moderate usage, 21-26.

I've had the phone for almost 2 months. Pre ordered it and it arrived a day or two early. Battery should be broken in by now, but its definitely something that I dislike about the phone. This damn mobile radio active bug is almost always the biggest battery drain. I usually have good service so I know its not that either. It's easily the only thing I would change about this phone.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I've had the phone for almost 2 months. Pre ordered it and it arrived a day or two early. Battery should be broken in by now, but its definitely something that I dislike about the phone. This damn mobile radio active bug is almost always the biggest battery drain. I usually have good service so I know its not that either. It's easily the only thing I would change about this phone.

The bright side to that is Marshmallow fixes the mobile radio active bug and doze should help. Lollipop is such a mess with battery life (and in general really) that asking if people are having good battery life is almost useless; 20 people will give 20 wildly different answers that range from it's awesome to I only get 2 hours on the battery.

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
The bright side to that is Marshmallow fixes the mobile radio active bug and doze should help. Lollipop is such a mess with battery life (and in general really) that asking if people are having good battery life is almost useless; 20 people will give 20 wildly different answers that range from it's awesome to I only get 2 hours on the battery.

Yeah that's why I've really held off on getting something else. I browse the nexus 5x forum too because that's the only other phone out now I'd want and everyone there is saying the same thing and they have 6.0 already.

maestreaux

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Battery Drain?

Anyone else having a sporadic battery drain issue? Its only happened a handful of times in the month I've had the phone but it is weird. Happens at night while i'm sleeping and the phone is in sleep mode. Went to bed last night battery at about 70% and woke up this morning it was about 30%????? No clue what could causing this? Couple of nights ago, battery over 50% woke up to less than 10% in the morning. Most of the time it only drains about 10% overnight. Anyone else?

Screenshot_2015-11-06-10-29-38.jpg

hrbib21

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Battery Drain?

I don't know but I'm definitely not getting good battery life on a daily basis, that's for sure.

IamPro

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site

I just got the phone recently, tried it for a few days stock then unlocked/rooted and installed MobileActiveRadioFix along with the 1080p mod (change in Terminal). My battery life has improved, it might be the 1080p but I suspect its majority the radio fix esp when the phone is off.

colton groters

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site

I've had my phone for several weeks and my battery has taken a huge jump. I've gotten almost 2 days off the charger and 4hrs 25mins SOT. I charged my phone a little bit halfway through the second day though.

hrbib21

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Hmmmhhh I don't understand how people talk about the battery life, I mean it's not perfect but it's okay to me.

It's real simple: The battery life sucks. It drains precipitously while it's sitting here doing nothing.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

^ It sucks for you, for others not so much. We'll see where it is with marshmallow and doze but it likely will never be a strength. If you don't have twenty minutes during the day to quick charge, that might be a problem. I do wish it had a removable battery.

jdsbmw

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Real World Battery Life

I'm strongly considering the Moto X Pure Edition. With moderately heavy use (20-30 short one minute phone calls and approximately 50 text messages in a 10-12 hour shift) will the MXPE last without the battery dying? Battery life is a real concern for me. I'm currently using a Nexus 6 running Marshmallow. The Nexus 6 is simply too large a device for me, ESPECIALLY its 83mm width. Battery life on the 6, however is GREAT since the Marshmallow update. Thank you in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34