09-09-2016 03:01 PM
464 ... 171819
tools
    I turbo charge all the time so shorter battery life over time isn't a big deal. It's going to happen to all batteries eventually
    08-14-2016 11:30 AM
    I turbo charge all the time so shorter battery life over time isn't a big deal. It's going to happen to all batteries eventually
    Agreed they all get worse over time. Some here as well as myself are experiencing some battery shenanigans tho. I use my MXP the same every day, don't game or anything very intensive at all. I don't count web browsing as intensive, but after a few minutes it starts to get warm and the battery starts to drop % rather quickly. When stopping it cools down and the % drops but much slower, more "normal" maybe. I'd chalk this up to just the way it is an get used to it, but it only does this maybe 40% of the time. The rest of the time it runs cool as it should for what I'm barely asking of it. Furthermore it didn't start doing this till the camera started to malfunction by not opening. Flashlight won't work either when the cam is on the fritz. An obvious connection. Reboot fixes, but geezus that's annoying. FWIW, I have not downloaded anything additional since all this started happening about two months or so ago. Phone is only 7 months old. I'm probably done with moto. Considered getting a Z, but decided against it. The MXPE is one of my fave devices so I will keep it for a backup. Have an HTC 10 enroute . If it disappoints I may look into a Nexus when released. There should be nothing making this battery heat like that. 113F is common. GSM battery tells me nothing is amiss. Well something certainly is not right. Then the next day it's fine, F'ing up whenever. Kind of a rant but my .02 re: the battery.
    Norg likes this.
    08-14-2016 01:13 PM
    My battery life is pretty terrible at this point. I think this is the worst battery performance I've ever had from a phone. I'm getting a note 7 this week just to have a shot at better battery life. Honestly, they shipped this phone with too small of a battery for what it is.
    Norg likes this.
    08-16-2016 06:58 PM
    How's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?
    I'd say it's outstanding.
    Attached Thumbnails How's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?-battery.png  
    08-16-2016 09:20 PM
    ^ I'd say that tells us very little. But I have read that rooted and properly set up battery life can be improved a good deal.
    Norg likes this.
    08-16-2016 09:54 PM
    ^ I'd say that tells us very little. But I have read that rooted and properly set up battery life can be improved a good deal.
    Just keep screen brightness down and stay away from poor signal areas, maybe even disable Moto display... the Moto X has decent battery life but the screen is the biggest battery user. It's idle battery use is pretty minimal as long as you have decent signal, weak signal will suck the battery dry in a hurry on this device.
    08-17-2016 11:39 PM
    I'd say it's outstanding.
    Really not sure how you manage to get that sort of battery performance, but kudos to you and enjoy it while you got it as it's not what most of us are getting.
    My battery life is mediocre at best. I think this is the poorest battery performance I've ever had for a flagship device and I've had a few different android phones these past 2 years. Even my BlackBerry PRIV gets better overall battery life and it's not on the top 5 list of best smartphones. In recent weeks I've been scanning and reading all sorts of industry reviews in the hope of eventually finding my next best ever phone. At the end of the day, completely agree with many others that they designed this phone with too small a battery for what it consumes. I also believe that had they included a 5.2 inch super amoled display, slightly bigger battery and improved power management, that this thread wouldn't exist. Just my fifty cents.
    08-22-2016 07:46 AM
    He has amazing battery "life" because he's not using the phone. When "standby" is your biggest drain, it means you're not using the phone. Standby is always the #1 battery suck on my phone when I leave it on the nightstand unplugged at night.
    08-22-2016 11:04 AM
    He has amazing battery "life" because he's not using the phone. When "standby" is your biggest drain, it means you're not using the phone. Standby is always the #1 battery suck on my phone when I leave it on the nightstand unplugged at night.
    I don't even get great battery life on standby. Yesterday after 14 hours on wifi, only 1 hour sot, my HTC 10 was at 70℅. In the same conditions my MXPE will be in battery saver mode after 12 hours.
    There are plenty of things I love about the MXPE but battery life is definitely not one.
    08-22-2016 11:28 AM
    Yes, my screenshot was sort of a fraud. I am not a "power user". My phone is mainly a communication tool (talk, text, email, ebook reader and photography) and not an entertainment device or fashion accessory. However on my recent trip to the UK I was using it almost constantly: Google Maps, Hangouts, Camera and reader for down time (several guidebooks from Amazon). It always made it to the end of the day and longer if I forgot to charge it at night. I'm happy.
    thejesse likes this.
    08-22-2016 11:42 AM
    Mine has been getting worse and worse and I dont do anything at all like game or watch videos. I do a lot of emails mainly since this is also my work phone. I do read news and some forums as well during downtime and the only game ever played if one is played is when I let my kids play Crossy Road to kill time. That is the only game on my phone.

I've had mine several months now and the battery is lucky to make it from 6:00AM until the evening. I gave up trying to not use the Turbocharger or QC charger in my car to try and save the battery. Now if I am around a charger it gets plugged in just in case I need the phone later in the day. Every night it is charged using an older non quick charger.
    08-23-2016 09:36 AM
    I use my phone pretty "normally", and I think the battery life is quite good. Especially when compared to the LG V10, which has a battery of the same size. For the most part, if I leave it on standby for an extended period, I don't expect for it to lose much power. It's OK with an extended period of YouTube watching and browsing (what I usually do with the phone).
    08-25-2016 05:46 AM
    I've noticed that my battery life has started to drain very quickly during the day over the past week.
    I usually have about 40% on the way home after listening to music and youtube all day at work with bluetooth headphones. Lately I cant get my battery to increase while plugged into the usb slot on my computer. I know the usb slot is a slower charge, but I'm losing power when plugged in. I'd say on average I'm losing 20% battery life per hour.
    09-09-2016 02:43 PM
    I've noticed that my battery life has started to drain very quickly during the day over the past week.
    I usually have about 40% on the way home after listening to music and youtube all day at work with bluetooth headphones. Lately I cant get my battery to increase while plugged into the usb slot on my computer. I know the usb slot is a slower charge, but I'm losing power when plugged in. I'd say on average I'm losing 20% battery life per hour.
    Sounds like a misbehaved app... Have you looked at the battery stats to see what is using the battery?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-09-2016 03:01 PM
464 ... 171819