09-09-2016 04:01 PM
464 ... 45678 ...
tools
    So this happened...
    How's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?-347.jpg

I think the impact split the phone a bit if you guys can see.

Anyways getting it repair and im changin my scheme up from blue accent with deep sea blue to red accent with deep sea blue, the phone is white and silver.
    Bslate09 likes this.
    09-23-2015 03:32 PM
    Ouch . It does look like it split.
    09-23-2015 03:34 PM
    So this happened...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	347.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	198041

Anyways getting it repair and im changin my scheme up from blue accent with deep sea blue to red accent with deep sea blue, the phone is white and silver.
    Would you mind posting a couple more pics of the deep sea blue back.. I'm really curious what it looks like in real life, I'm thinking about ordering one if the color isn't too close to the regular black one
    09-23-2015 03:47 PM
    Now you guys see why protection is important
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    09-23-2015 04:18 PM
    Would you mind posting a couple more pics of the deep sea blue back.. I'm really curious what it looks like in real life, I'm thinking about ordering one if the color isn't too close to the regular black one
    sure let me take some right now, btw these are pics off my coworker's Note 4

How's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?-356.jpgHow's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?-357.jpgHow's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?-361.jpg
    dmark44 likes this.
    09-23-2015 04:19 PM
    Now you guys see why protection is important
    seriously lol I was stubborn and didn't want to put on the bumper that came with it.
    09-23-2015 04:21 PM
    So this happened...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	347.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	198041

At least the first one brave enough to face the world. Hope you have a new one in your hands fast.
    vinceboii likes this.
    09-23-2015 04:25 PM
    I have the deep sea blue back with blue accent and the deep sea blue is closer to black than any shade of blue. The combo looks good, but when I took it out of the box my first thought was it looked more charcoal than dark blue.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-23-2015 11:09 PM
    Damn. Sorry to hear about your phone..

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    09-23-2015 11:12 PM
    I have the deep sea blue back with blue accent and the deep sea blue is closer to black than any shade of blue. The combo looks good, but when I took it out of the box my first thought was it looked more charcoal than dark blue.

I like the dark blue more than royal blue. I saw someone here with royal blue back and accent, I wanted a dark blue so deep sea blue is perfect!
    09-24-2015 02:41 PM
    Damn. Sorry to hear about your phone..

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    It's all gravy! I'm about to get change my layout on my phone so was going to send it back anyway..but it did cost me $49 deductible lol.
    09-24-2015 02:42 PM
    I'm so frustrated at this point.

Backstory: I had a G4 and for a while I loved it. I was getting 19 hours off the charger 40 minutes screen on time and was at 76%

Then carrier bloat killed it, ruined the battery life. Sold it, and eventually got the Moto x Pure thinking no carrier bloat will kill this guy!

Day one: I am at 14 hours off charge with 50 minutes screen on time, and I'm at 61%...HOW?

I backed up from the G4 so literally every setting I can think of down to nova launcher are carbon copied.

I'll keep an eye on the battery but at this point I'm tempted to ditch the Pure and snag an unlocked international G4 for 399 and call it a day.

UGH

Any insights would be great. Could it be day 1 syndrome and the battery needs to "settle"?
    09-25-2015 12:47 AM
    Maybe it's just a coincidence, but as I've had the phone for a week or two, the battery seems to be lasting longer than when I first received it. I was having to charge it by around 5pm to get it through the rest of the day. Maybe the battery is settling in. Anyone else notice any changes with their battery?
    09-25-2015 12:48 AM
    Sometimes it takes about a few days for the battery to settle in. I came from a G4 as well and I have better battery now with the Pure. Plus the turbo charger is great too. I use to have to swap the battery out of the G4 twice to make it though the day. Now I only have to charge my pure for 20mins in the middle of the day and I'm good until late at night.

co.ag.2005 and Nevpaurion like this.
    09-25-2015 12:52 AM
    If your battery is getting you a full day why does it matter?

Stanley Kubrick likes this.
    09-25-2015 12:56 AM
    Sometimes it takes about a few days for the battery to settle in. I came from a G4 as well and I have better battery now with the Pure. Plus the turbo charger is great too. I use to have to swap the battery out of the G4 twice to make it though the day. Now I only have to charge my pure for 20mins in the middle of the day and I'm good until late at night.

Thanks man. I'm hoping we end up in the same boat and I'm just jumping the gun here. I have noticed it charges ridiculously fast. I also spent 2 hours today in a dead zone (bar with some friends). G4 with that 19 hours off charger didn't go through that.
    09-25-2015 12:57 AM
    If your battery is getting you a full day why does it matter?

My issue is more the principle if that makes sense. My G4 only suffered when bloat hindered it. I bought the pure specifically because bloat wouldn't be there but it seems hindered anyways.

As a side note there are times where I'll get up, go to work, then leave work to spend the night at my girlfriends, where I don't charge the phone so I can go 2 days without charging (more convenience not neccesity) the G4 did this admirably (pre bloat killing it) but if the Pure stays this course it couldn't do what the G4 did. Hope that makes sense.
    bpe4 likes this.
    09-25-2015 01:00 AM
    Maybe it's just a coincidence, but as I've had the phone for a week or two, the battery seems to be lasting longer than when I first received it. I was having to charge it by around 5pm to get it through the rest of the day. Maybe the battery is settling in. Anyone else notice any changes with their battery?
    Someone else on the thread I made mentioned this as well. It's comforting to see since right now the battery is worse than my old G4.
    09-25-2015 01:15 AM
    Thanks man. I'm hoping we end up in the same boat and I'm just jumping the gun here. I have noticed it charges ridiculously fast. I also spent 2 hours today in a dead zone (bar with some friends). G4 with that 19 hours off charger didn't go through that.
    That would drain your battery real fast because the phone is steady searching for a connection. Best of luck

Nevpaurion likes this.
    09-25-2015 01:23 AM
    If ur in a dead zone put on airplane mode. Solves the drainage from searching for network.

Also give it a week for your phone can learn what u do on the daily so then the battery will learn off that
    09-25-2015 06:54 AM
    Im seeing a slight change had it since it came out usually ended a day on 30 now seeing above 40, it makes a difference, hopefully by end the month it be all settled and my battery will be great.
    09-25-2015 06:58 AM
    This wouldnt happened if u used the required bumper =)
    09-25-2015 07:09 AM
    It's weird cuz my previous phone was G4, and it has a terrible battery life. Moto X works on battery much longer. Something like 3 SOT on G4 and 4-4.5 on my Moto so far, with no power savings (like turned off all kinds of syncronisations or auto brightness).
    This phone is MUCH better then G4 in all fronts.

PS I beg a pardon for my thick russian accent =)
    09-25-2015 07:11 AM
    Being that you carbon copied your set up, I'm thinking you have an app that's doing what it wants, and that's on both phones.

You say it was bloat on the G4, but if the bloat isn't running it only takes up memory, not battery.

I would recommend a fresh setup with a reset, adding 2 or 3 apps a day until you can determine which one it is. Or look in app manager to see what's always on.
    09-25-2015 08:27 AM
    Day one: I am at 14 hours off charge with 50 minutes screen on time, and I'm at 61%...HOW?
    I'd be happy with those numbers.
    09-25-2015 08:34 AM
464 ... 45678 ...