09-09-2016 04:01 PM
464 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Yeah, that smartcam app, what's going on there?
    09-29-2015 01:09 PM
    I really do wonder if a 1080p screen uses that much less energy? I can understand if the GPU is taxed and inefficient, but as for the screen itself it seems to me that what draws the most power is the backlight, not the number of pixels, and the backlight would be the same no matter the pixel count. Maybe the newest backlights use less juice than last years models that ran at 1080p?? Not counting AMOLED here.
    09-29-2015 01:31 PM
    I really do wonder if a 1080p screen uses that much less energy? I can understand if the GPU is taxed and inefficient, but as for the screen itself it seems to me that what draws the most power is the backlight, not the number of pixels, and the backlight would be the same no matter the pixel count. Maybe the newest backlights use less juice than last years models that ran at 1080p?? Not counting AMOLED here.
    My understanding is the backlight has to be brighter for the same screen brightness due to the increased amount of negative space between pixels. The screen door effect.
    09-29-2015 01:39 PM
    The more apps you use that are GPU heavy, the more sharp the battery hit to SOT. The 808 is fine as long as apps aren't trying to apply math to all 1440p. Also the reason some state the device gets hot and others not much. Like Eric Clapton sings, "It's in the way that you use it".
    VoltaicShock and jephanie like this.
    09-29-2015 01:43 PM
    Just when I think right I will get this phone I see a sot as bad as that and that really bothers me!
    Not sure I agree with this. Everyone uses their phones differently. A light user and heavy user varies a lot.
    09-29-2015 01:55 PM
    I have only had the phone 3 days but so far the battery life has been good. Coming from a S6 so anything would be better...lol

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-29-2015 02:33 PM
    Did anyone upgrade from the LG G2? I'm a little worried about the XPE having the same size of battery, but a 0.5 inch increase in screen size not to mention resolution. Any real-world comparisons of the two?
    09-29-2015 02:33 PM
    How is that smartcam app using more than the screen. Something wrong there.
    Yeah, that smartcam app, what's going on there?
    I have motion detection security cameras and I also check them from time to time.
    I have been using this smartcam app for several years and sometimes it does use more juice than the screen and other apps.
    But, this is the worst SOT I have got compared to Moto X 2013, 2014 and Moto G.
    09-29-2015 03:27 PM
    I have motion detection security cameras and I also check them from time to time.
    I have been using this smartcam app for several years and sometimes it does use more juice than the screen and other apps.
    But, this is the worst SOT I have got compared to Moto X 2013, 2014 and Moto G.
    Well for some reason that app isn't playing well with your phone. Perhaps a recent update to it is causing the issue. No single app should show more drain on the battery then the screen and/or Google Services. I'd at least try temporarily uninstalling it and rebooting to see if it makes a difference.
    09-29-2015 04:13 PM
    Yeah the only time I'd expect to see that is if it was the only app you used and was open every time the phone was on. And it was CPU intensive like a game.

I'm not thrilled with the battery on this phone, but I'm at 4-5 hours SOT at least. I just expected more with the phablet size.

09-29-2015 04:41 PM
    Not sure I agree with this. Everyone uses their phones differently. A light user and heavy user varies a lot.
    Any phone will do fine when you don't use it.

I actually use mine so it does matter. Maps shouldn't be draining 33% in an hour because the GPU is running balls out.
    rushmore likes this.
    09-29-2015 04:43 PM
    Well for some reason that app isn't playing well with your phone... No single app should show more drain on the battery then the screen and/or Google Services...
    I disagree. Some apps and services could use more juice than the screen, specially if one reduces screen brightness.
    When I had the Moto X 2013 this app will use even more juice and was getting 4+ hours SOT.
    09-29-2015 04:56 PM
    Any phone will do fine when you don't use it.

I actually use mine so it does matter. Maps shouldn't be draining 33% in an hour because the GPU is running balls out.
    That is because Maps leverages all the display resolution it can get though the GPU. I also notice some games ran very warm (normal) and some very hot. Again directly related to how the app is instructing the GPU either to scale up to native, or scale down to 1080p or less. VR apps are the "perfect" example, since due to the need of outputting two 720p displays, it is a prime example of an app pushing 1440p out with math calculations (what gets it hot). VR is a true native resolution app that tests the ability of a GPU. The 805 manages this much better than the 808, so ten degrees less heat and about three times the battery life (three hours instead of one hour on the Pure).

VR is an example BTW of an app task that uses more power with the GPU than the display.
    09-29-2015 05:02 PM
    I disagree. Some apps and services could use more juice than the screen, specially if one reduces screen brightness.
    When I had the Moto X 2013 this app will use even more juice and was getting 4+ hours SOT.
    Was just a suggestion. 16%, seems rather excessive to me. Good luck.
    jojesa likes this.
    09-29-2015 05:37 PM
    I'm really considering getting rid of the Moto X PE and getting the new Nexus. I still have the Moto X 2013, which battery still last longer than the PE.
    09-30-2015 12:29 AM
    Was just a suggestion. 16%, seems rather excessive to me. Good luck.
    I used the Smartcam app a lot that day. I have used less since then.
    I'm getting around 3 hours SOT now. Maybe it will get better with time.
    How's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?-battery.jpgHow's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?-battery-2.jpg
    On2Vegas likes this.
    10-01-2015 04:38 PM
    Did anyone upgrade from the LG G2? I'm a little worried about the XPE having the same size of battery, but a 0.5 inch increase in screen size not to mention resolution. Any real-world comparisons of the two?
    I upgraded form the LG G2 mine was several years old. The battery life when new was much better on the G2 but at the time of the change out not much different. My battery on the X has not been that good. I'm only getting about 1.5 hrs of on screen time.
    10-02-2015 10:01 AM
    Does anyone know why Bluetooth would be my biggest battery drain and I am not even using except when I get in my car and not for that long?
    10-02-2015 10:05 AM
    Does anyone know why Bluetooth would be my biggest battery drain and I am not even using except when I get in my car and not for that long?
    Do you turn it off when your not using it?
    10-02-2015 10:37 AM
    I dont know how are you guys getting over 4hrs of SOT. I will be posting my numbers tonight with what I run on it. Im coming from a OPO and I can tell a huge drop off on my battery life span. Yesterday I had to get back on the charger by 6pm. Usually I can take my OPO all day long without having to worry about it. More from me tonight. For me Battery Life is THE ONLY downfall of this phone. Everything else Im really happy with. I already pre-order the Nexus 6P. Like what I see as far as battery size and would love to give that a try.
    THARD likes this.
    10-02-2015 11:17 AM
    Please post your stats. Do you have a bad signal much of the day or lots of navigation or graphics intensive game playing?
    10-02-2015 11:42 AM
    For the past two days mine has been virtually the same... right around 3 hrs 15 min. Unplug the phone at 6:30 am and plug back in around 10:00 pm. Basic use: G+, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, calls, texting, podcasting and some minor browsing. No gaming.

How's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?-batterylife1.png How's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?-batterylife2.png How's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?-batterlife3.png
    10-02-2015 12:11 PM
    For the past two days mine has been virtually the same... right around 3 hrs 15 min. Unplug the phone at 6:30 am and plug back in around 10:00 pm. Basic use: G+, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, calls, texting, podcasting and some minor browsing. No gaming.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	batterylife1.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	199575 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	batterylife2.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	199576 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	batterlife3.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	199577
    I bet you could get more SOT if you didn't have the cell standby bug eating up your battery.
    10-02-2015 01:44 PM
    I dont know how are you guys getting over 4hrs of SOT. I will be posting my numbers tonight with what I run on it. Im coming from a OPO and I can tell a huge drop off on my battery life span. Yesterday I had to get back on the charger by 6pm. Usually I can take my OPO all day long without having to worry about it. More from me tonight. For me Battery Life is THE ONLY downfall of this phone. Everything else Im really happy with. I already pre-order the Nexus 6P. Like what I see as far as battery size and would love to give that a try.
    What are you doing on your phone? Games? Streaming Video? Texting?
    10-02-2015 01:45 PM
    What are you doing on your phone? Games? Streaming Video? Texting?
    Full data coming later tonight. please stand by
    VoltaicShock likes this.
    10-02-2015 01:50 PM
464 ... 7891011 ...