How's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I feel like I'm getting OK battery life. Usually lasts from 4 am wake up to 4-5 pm then I pop it on the turbo charger for a bit before going to bed but checking my stats kind of bummed me out to see only about 2 hrs of screen on time. And on top of that whatever the heck "mobile radio active" is it seems to be on a lot.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 2617.jpg
    2617.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 218
  • 2619.jpg
    2619.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 217

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I feel like I'm getting OK battery life. Usually lasts from 4 am wake up to 4-5 pm then I pop it on the turbo charger for a bit before going to bed but checking my stats kind of bummed me out to see only about 2 hrs of screen on time. And on top of that whatever the heck "mobile radio active" is it seems to be on a lot.

Only 2 hours of sot! I know if I got one that's probably what I would get but I hope that improves for you.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone using the Moto XPE on Sprint, specifically Sprint Prepaid? How's the service? Would it be wise to switch from T-Mobile Prepaid over to Sprint? It would save me $5 a month, if so.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

From your screenshots it doesn't look like you have a strong signal. A weak signal can cause your battery to drain faster.

Also I believe there is a bug in 5.1.1 in regards to the radios.

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
From your screenshots it doesn't look like you have a strong signal. A weak signal can cause your battery to drain faster.

Also I believe there is a bug in 5.1.1 in regards to the radios.

I noticed that, which is weird since the only place I never have service is in the local while foods which I got to maybe once every 10 days or so. I read about the radio bug a little after I noticed that but all I found was basically that Google doesn't give a crap.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I unplugged at 6AM this morning and spent all day at work no WiFi medium to strong 4G VZW signal at work. Came home about 4 PM with WiFi at home and still have 51% left at 7 PM. Moderate use all day.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I noticed that, which is weird since the only place I never have service is in the local while foods which I got to maybe once every 10 days or so. I read about the radio bug a little after I noticed that but all I found was basically that Google doesn't give a crap.

Good old Whole Foods! - : P

I can't find it right now but someone said they acknowledged this bug and are going to fix it. (Read enough people complained about it)

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Good old Whole Foods! - : P

I can't find it right now but someone said they acknowledged this bug and are going to fix it. (Read enough people complained about it)

Good to know. I get enough use out of the battery but more is always better, podcasts or music on a half hour commute to and from work, some light gaming, twitter and Instagram a few times a day and these forums and some internet browsing.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Good to know. I get enough use out of the battery but more is always better, podcasts or music on a half hour commute to and from work, some light gaming, twitter and Instagram a few times a day and these forums and some internet browsing.

Yeah once it gets cold I will be taking the bus which can take me up to an hour or more to get to work. I usually watch Netflix. It will be nice to have a larger screen.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I will agree with you about the bug needing to be fixed. My Nexus 5 drains quickly.

What I don't understand is why do you need more than 4 hours of screen on time?
My Nexus 5 is terrible for battery life also.

And if you're someone who travels, and works from your phone, and relies on GPS... etc. you take all the battery life you can get. That, and clash of clans doesn't just play itself.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Can I ask your thoughts on your Note 4 as I also love a larger screen and did fancy trying the Note 4 even though I said I wouldn't have another Samsung phone I might just try and find one as I just think the Pure/Style battery won't be that great and a few reviews I have read say that the colours are more pastel rather than vibrant so I have reservations about that as well.

I like my note 4. As I noted, I had both X's prior. I prefer the vanilla android experience with the Moto apps over TouchWiz, although there are a few things here and there that are nice with TouchWiz. The screen on the note 4 and camera are amazing.

I switched primarily to the note 4 due to the battery and being able to swap that out. Admittedly I only do it once or twice a month, but it is so nice to from 20% to 100% in a minute. Despite what people with say about turbo charging and battery banks, that isn't as convenient. This is the one area that gives me pause on the new X. If the battery were larger, I would probably switch. For now I will wait and see. Interested to see how the new x does in the phone arena battery tests. I know that is not real world usage, but it is a consistent benchmark and one I could use to get a general sense of how the battery life will be relative to the note 4.

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, I charged using a turbo charger yesterday evening and my phone was at 100% when I went to bed so I didn't put it on the charger. I woke up with it at about 94% I think it was at 7:30am. Since then I've been checking draft kings and onefootball app all morning while watching soccer and checking twitter and browsing these forums all while connected to my WiFi at home and have my highest screen on time, no issue with mobile radio active and Google services not using anywhere near as much battery as when I'm out and about.

Anyone know what to take away from this? I usually turn off WiFi when I leave my house so its not searching for WiFi all day, and I have Verizon so I pretty much always have 4g except at the grocery store. Could it just be a case of the battery settling in, if that's a thing?

Attachments

• 2625.jpg
    2625.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 161
  • 2626.jpg
    2626.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 161

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
It sure has been my experience with just about every phone I owned from BlackBerry's to Droids. It seems to take about 2 weeks to start seeing consistent battery life. My Droid Turbo wouldn't hardly get past one day but after a week or two it lasted all day with 40% left by bed time. I also am on Verizon and shut off WiFi when I leave the house.

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
It sure has been my experience with just about every phone I owned from BlackBerry's to Droids. It seems to take about 2 weeks to start seeing consistent battery life. My Droid Turbo wouldn't hardly get past one day but after a week or two it lasted all day with 40% left by bed time. I also am on Verizon and shut off WiFi when I leave the house.

Good to know.

turf

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
What I don't understand is why do you need more than 4 hours of screen on time?
Because I sometimes use my phone and its screen for well over 4 hours per day, using Waze, taking notes, sending messages, using email, researching, playing games, reading Reddit and tech blogs, and even talking on the phone. With my current phone (OPO), I can get over 6 hours SOT, or well over 4 hours SOT plus 6 hours tethering (the Note tablet I use at work, syncing to Evernote), 3 hours bluetooth streaming, and a lot of calls. This is either on SlimKat or on SlimSaber LP built with CAF. I have no doubt that the MPE will soon have some great roms that will have way better battery life, and google will finally solve the MRA bug, so the Moto X will also get 6 hours SOT. I will wait until then. The main reason I want the MPE is storage. I am way cramped with 64GB on the OPO. But battery life is even more important than storage to me. Having an unlockable bootloader is the most important of all, otherwise I would have a Note 4 to also get the replaceable battery.

Last edited:

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Note 4 rocks! If it had 64GB and (good) front stereo speakers, I would not even be trying the Pure. Well, Samsung's nixing the sd slot also is a reason. This in part was a "matter of principle" purchase. I want to support companies that have the features I value. Word.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Because I sometimes use my phone and its screen for well over 4 hours per day, using Waze, taking notes, sending messages, using email, researching, playing games, reading Reddit and tech blogs, and even talking on the phone. With my current phone (OPO), I can get over 6 hours SOT, or well over 4 hours SOT plus 6 hours tethering (the Note tablet I use at work, syncing to Evernote), 3 hours bluetooth streaming, and a lot of calls. This is either on SlimKat or on SlimSaber LP built with CAF. I have no doubt that the MPE will soon have some great roms that will have way better battery life, and google will finally solve the MRA bug, so the Moto X will also get 6 hours SOT. I will wait until then. The main reason I want the MPE is storage. I am way cramped with 64GB on the OPO. But battery life is even more important than storage to me. Having an unlockable bootloader is the most important of all, otherwise I would have a Note 4 to also get the replaceable battery.

But, noooooo. You are supposed to embrace the cloud and "pin" your selections, and hope for data or wifi access. That or carry an OTG adapter around that poorly integrates with media- "really" handy when listening to music! ;) :)

SandmanATHF

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
My second day with it, so have been on it a lot. I have been at home on WiFi the whole time. I have been attempting to download music all day as well.

BTW, anyone else having troubles downloading music via Google Play Music? I keep getting a WiFi error.

Attachments

• 1537.jpg
    1537.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 241
  • 1538.jpg
    1538.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 239

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members