How's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
The screenshots I see in this thread exhibit the Lollipop mobile radio active bug. A phone without the bug will typically have the screen as the #1 battery drain and it will be at least 5 times greater than the next item on the battery list. There are three things you can do:

1. You can go the to the Google lollipop MRA bug tracker website and star the issue to register your displeasure. It already has over 3400 stars so this won't mean much, but it is something.
2. Wait for marshmallow to be released since the bug will reportedly be fixed
3. Return the phone to Motorola and be sure to mention it is due to the horrible battery life due to the mobile radio active bug. Then perhaps they will lean on Google to more quickly address the issue.

For those wondering here is a link about the issue:

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=165558

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Rushmore,
You might want to look at your 14-day return expiration date and see where it stands with the Nexus 6 announcement and pre-order (9/29). The new Nexus 6 has some key features missing from the X, along with a forecasted 3500mah battery.

Just sayin......

But no SD slot. That is an absolute killer for me. At least until a 256GB exists with Moto :) I have a 200GB card in my 64GB Pure. Doing fine too :)

Here is GSM's battery life review (one of the more respected for battery life tests). Above average, but not better than the Samsung's. Their screen on time is higher than other reviews, but their video playback time is equal to the other reviews.

Moto X Style (Pure Edition) review: Made to order - page 3 - GSMArena.com

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Network and network coverage will play a big role in battery life.

Another reason I don't only go by SOT.

Big time. Seems better really to turn off data until you need it. That way you still get texts and calls :) Unless you use social apps- need data for that.

little09

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Battery Life on Moto X Pure

Here ya go. Over 21 hours off charger and about 4 hrs 40 min of SOT. If I really took the effort and actually had a reason to be on my phone more, I should have no issues hitting 6 hrs SOT (obviously not with 21 hours off the charger, though). This is with WiFi always on, high accuracy location and adaptive display on.

High accurately location can eat your battery and drained like no tomorrow. Just a little hint

Posted via the Android Central App

czaplin

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Battery Life on Moto X Pure

I was all day long on LTE only. Getting at most 3.5hrs SOT. Even 3hrs I'd say. Cannot even touch my previous Z3 with 5hrs.

vinceboii

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my Moto X Pure Edition

So this happened...
347.jpg

I think the impact split the phone a bit if you guys can see.

Anyways getting it repair and im changin my scheme up from blue accent with deep sea blue to red accent with deep sea blue, the phone is white and silver.

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Damn first one to drop his PE?! Got RMA'd.

So this happened...
View attachment 198041

Anyways getting it repair and im changin my scheme up from blue accent with deep sea blue to red accent with deep sea blue, the phone is white and silver.

Would you mind posting a couple more pics of the deep sea blue back.. I'm really curious what it looks like in real life, I'm thinking about ordering one if the color isn't too close to the regular black one

vinceboii

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

Would you mind posting a couple more pics of the deep sea blue back.. I'm really curious what it looks like in real life, I'm thinking about ordering one if the color isn't too close to the regular black one

sure let me take some right now, btw these are pics off my coworker's Note 4

356.jpg357.jpg361.jpg

Last edited:

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

So this happened...
View attachment 198041

At least the first one brave enough to face the world. Hope you have a new one in your hands fast.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

I have the deep sea blue back with blue accent and the deep sea blue is closer to black than any shade of blue. The combo looks good, but when I took it out of the box my first thought was it looked more charcoal than dark blue.

vinceboii

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

I have the deep sea blue back with blue accent and the deep sea blue is closer to black than any shade of blue. The combo looks good, but when I took it out of the box my first thought was it looked more charcoal than dark blue.

I like the dark blue more than royal blue. I saw someone here with royal blue back and accent, I wanted a dark blue so deep sea blue is perfect!

Nevpaurion

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Worse battery life than my G4...how?

I'm so frustrated at this point.

Backstory: I had a G4 and for a while I loved it. I was getting 19 hours off the charger 40 minutes screen on time and was at 76%

Then carrier bloat killed it, ruined the battery life. Sold it, and eventually got the Moto x Pure thinking no carrier bloat will kill this guy!

Day one: I am at 14 hours off charge with 50 minutes screen on time, and I'm at 61%...HOW?

I backed up from the G4 so literally every setting I can think of down to nova launcher are carbon copied.

I'll keep an eye on the battery but at this point I'm tempted to ditch the Pure and snag an unlocked international G4 for 399 and call it a day.

UGH

Any insights would be great. Could it be day 1 syndrome and the battery needs to "settle"?

Tristan944

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Battery seems to be lasting longer

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but as I've had the phone for a week or two, the battery seems to be lasting longer than when I first received it. I was having to charge it by around 5pm to get it through the rest of the day. Maybe the battery is settling in. Anyone else notice any changes with their battery?

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Worse battery life than my G4...how?

Sometimes it takes about a few days for the battery to settle in. I came from a G4 as well and I have better battery now with the Pure. Plus the turbo charger is great too. I use to have to swap the battery out of the G4 twice to make it though the day. Now I only have to charge my pure for 20mins in the middle of the day and I'm good until late at night.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Worse battery life than my G4...how?

If your battery is getting you a full day why does it matter?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt