How's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?

Scott Shrewsberry

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
For the past two days mine has been virtually the same... right around 3 hrs 15 min. Unplug the phone at 6:30 am and plug back in around 10:00 pm. Basic use: G+, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, calls, texting, podcasting and some minor browsing. No gaming.

batterylife1.png batterylife2.png batterlife3.png

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I dont know how are you guys getting over 4hrs of SOT. I will be posting my numbers tonight with what I run on it. Im coming from a OPO and I can tell a huge drop off on my battery life span. Yesterday I had to get back on the charger by 6pm. Usually I can take my OPO all day long without having to worry about it. More from me tonight. For me Battery Life is THE ONLY downfall of this phone. Everything else Im really happy with. I already pre-order the Nexus 6P. Like what I see as far as battery size and would love to give that a try.

What are you doing on your phone? Games? Streaming Video? Texting?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the same boat.:confused:
I cannot get above 3 hours SOT. Unless I don't use the device, which defies the purpose of having one in first place.

I can get over four hours if no gaming, or apps that push the GPU, or use LTE in weak signal areas. 4.5 hours in that case, but active notifications and eye sensors are off. My usual is 3.5 hours with a little gaming and Youtube watching. Again- with active display and eye sensors off.

20% display brightness, since that equals 40% that I have my Note 4 set to. BTW, active display and the eye sensors for me were about 20% of battery life. I miss a notification LED.

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Honestly, my battery life has been pretty crappy. But I am also using my phone a ton more since getting this one. Thankfully, though, the turbo charger makes this a much smaller issue than it would otherwise be.

Sent from my Moto X Pure using Tapatalk.

damian015

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Ok here is the info and screenshots coming from my device. I usually take my phone off the charger at 7AM, I take a 25 min drive to work. I usually stream my podcast to my head unit on the way to work and on the way back. I use manual refresh from my twitter app. I have 2 email accounts One is set to pull email every hr and the other one is set to pull emails as they come in. I use Google Plus, the Destiny (Bungie) app, and Tapatalk the most. I usually dont game or watch videos on my phone on my daily basis. Mostly social media, email and websites. I do take about 5 pics per day. I usually place my phone back on the charger about 6-7PM AT 14% or 12% left of battery. I keep my screen brightness at 40% and I do have most of the time a Moto 360 with me. Now on to the screenshots: (feel free to ask questions/usually my opo would last me until 10:30pm)

Screenshot_2015-10-02-18-06-30.png
Screenshot_2015-10-02-18-06-22.png
Screenshot_2015-10-02-18-06-16.png

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I can get over four hours if no gaming, or apps that push the GPU, or use LTE in weak signal areas. 4.5 hours in that case, but active notifications and eye sensors are off. My usual is 3.5 hours with a little gaming and Youtube watching. Again- with active display and eye sensors off.

20% display brightness, since that equals 40% that I have my Note 4 set to. BTW, active display and the eye sensors for me were about 20% of battery life. I miss a notification LED.

I've been reading your posts as I have a note 4 and very much want to switch back to a moto x... But your posts have me concerned. I switched to the note for the battery only and believe I'm taking a step back if I do switch, especially not being to swap out the battery quickly.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Everyone's usage is different but I have a hard time understanding why if you're in a car driving why it's not being charged and with with quick charging that would make a big difference. Also, I don't know why your Google play services battery use is so high.

damian015

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I shouldn't have to (charge on the car). Phones should have enough battery to get you through the day. You should be able to use it without having to worry about whether is going to die or not before you get home which is what I got from my OPO. I was able to use it without having to worry about battery life. I think Motorola should have considered the screen size, resolution and the CPU processing power before deciding on battery size. I think everyone would have agree that a larger battery like (3400 or 3500) would have been perfect for this device. And this is not to blame Motorola only, many companies do this and it really needs to stop. Get us a bigger battery, we will all benefit and thank you for it.

This is not to say that if your phone dies at 5pm because you were playing games the entire time we should blame hardware manufacturers for that. But you should be able to make it through the day with normal daily usage no questions ask.

I really dig the feel/look of the Moto x and the speakers on that thing are rocking but battery life is high on my list of priorities and I just cant go back to having crappy battery life. Needless to say I will be going back to my OPO for now. I pre-ordered the Nexus 6P (looking forward to checking out the battery life on that)

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
That's fine. As I said everyone's usage is different. I don't see the big deal about charging it in the car if it would then easily get me through the day, but if another phone works better for your needs, that's the beauty of Android. Of the other two, I'd be much more interested in the 6P than the OPO. Do you have the 2 or 1?

damian015

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
That's fine. As I said everyone's usage is different. I don't see the big deal about charging it in the car if it would then easily get me through the day, but if another phone works better for your needs, that's the beauty of Android. Of the other two, I'd be much more interested in the 6P than the OPO. Do you have the 2 or 1?

I have the OPO 1. Didnt like that 2 didnt have NFC which according to friends Im very weird in the sense of I use NFC all the time lol. Hopefully the N6P is good (fingers cross)

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Everyone's usage is different but I have a hard time understanding why if you're in a car driving why it's not being charged and with with quick charging that would make a big difference. Also, I don't know why your Google play services battery use is so high.

Exaclty. Why wouldn't you plug in the device whole driving.

anon(7775)

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Exaclty. Why wouldn't you plug in the device whole driving.

Because he shouldn't have to, he's not asking the phone to last all day while he plays games and watch netflix,he's a moderate user and wants the battery to last a full day which it should

Posted via the Android Central App

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I've been reading your posts as I have a note 4 and very much want to switch back to a moto x... But your posts have me concerned. I switched to the note for the battery only and believe I'm taking a step back if I do switch, especially not being to swap out the battery quickly.
I use my Note 4 as back up for now. I like the speakers and the better radios in low signal areas on the Pure. I am testing with a bunch of GPU heavy apps this weekend to see if my findings are correct about the GPU.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance