How's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Same here, been using it for 2 days and battery life keeps getting better. Guess I will get a good estimate after at least a week of use and letting it go through some charge/discharge cycles.

Posted via the Android Central App

This was my experience too...hang on for about a week and things will likely settle in nicely. I can get just about 5 hours of SOT now, with pretty solid standby time...and that should improve with Marshmallow.

Posted via my Mate 7 or my Moto X Pure

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I use the battery saver mode and on average get 30% better battery life overall. I created a shortcut and turn it on/off quickly when I want to use it or not.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I use the battery saver mode and on average get 30% better battery life overall. I created a shortcut and turn it on/off quickly when I want to use it or not.

I may be missing something really simple here, but can you explain how you "created a shortcut" to me?

Thanks...

banditknight

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: I dropped my Moto X Pure Edition

I just received a brand new Moto X Style (EU version) and it has that gap even without dropping it. It's not as severe as yours but still I can instert a piece of thin paper between the metal frame and the glass. The part of the metal frame around the headphone jack does seem to be retracted a little and glass is not glued to the metal around there (between the two plastic joints on the top of the device). I guess yours has had the same problem and and impact made the glass and the frame move away even further. Anyone else have that little gap between the frame and the glass in their devices? I am interested if it may progress and get worse in time? Or maybe let dust go under the glass.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

I know this is not a solution and sending it back certainly is, but if I did decide to keep it that way I would probably put a bit of clear silicone in the space.

Again I am not saying keep it, I am just saying if you do I would do that to make sure no dust got in there.

I'm curious if it's glued or screwed there and the screws could be loose. Hmmm, have to look for a teardown.

Here is a tear down video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuewklttaSc

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

I just received a brand new Moto X Style (EU version) and it has that gap even without dropping it. It's not as severe as yours but still I can instert a piece of thin paper between the metal frame and the glass. The part of the metal frame around the headphone jack does seem to be retracted a little and glass is not glued to the metal around there (between the two plastic joints on the top of the device). I guess yours has had the same problem and and impact made the glass and the frame move away even further. Anyone else have that little gap between the frame and the glass in their devices? I am interested if it may progress and get worse in time? Or maybe let dust go under the glass.

I would take a picture of it and tell them that it was defective when you got it and you want another one.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm having similar experiences...

Almost a week in and battery life is getting better daily. This is typical but not too this extent for me.

Take my phone off charge at 5am and leave work at 5pm. My G3 would be down to 25% and similar results with my X pure.

Today leaving work (same usage) my X was still at 65%. Really happy!

banditknight

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site

I talked to both Motorola support and the seller and they both suggested requesting a replacement or returning the device. I am entitled to get a replacement or return the device within 14 days from the purchase. Though when I look at the dissasembly video I can see there's no adhesive layer or a seal between the frame/chassis and the glass. That may mean no guarantee of water/splash resistancy of that part anyway. The screw at the top is retracted a little and it is not at the very edge of the screen. That may result in the gap of a fraction of milimeter if the parts do not ideally fit. That may be more a desing flaw. I am yet to decide whether to send it back or keep it. Besides this my device is flawless and I am pretty happy with it.

mattatwar1

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: FAIL: Totally destroyed Moto X Pure with 2 foot drop

COMPLETE FAIL. Is this phone too fragile?

Less than 48 hours ownership... Bent down to tie my shoe, phone falls 24 inches from breast pocket, screen totally obliterated and unresponsive. Phone is bricked. Can't unlock. Can't retrieve data. Can't answer calls or read texts or SILENCE ALARMS!!!

This fragility is totally unacceptable. I carried a DROID MAXX HD for 2-1/2 years with only a 3M film screen protector. The MAXX HD suffered numerous cringing falls and rebounds off my foot skittering across asphalt and concrete. Never a scratch on that screen.

I don't see any 3M film screen protectors for the MXPE, only tempered glass. It seems to me that film is superior. Hard tempered glass protectors would seem to transfer shock while plastic film deforms and absorbs shock.

MOTO CARE SUCKS (so far). I immediately purchased Moto Care online (which advertises retroactive coverage if purchased within thirty days). But the Moto web site did not immediately recognize my purchase. Spoke to three uninformative customer (non-) service representatives (with heavy language barriers).

The third rep told me my Moto Care would take up to ten days for "delivery". WHAT? There is nothing to ship! Further, the Moto Care purchase FAQ says nothing about "delivery" delays. The rep says "sorry", there's nothing he can do.

Next day, my Moto Care package magically "appears" on the Moto web site under "My Stuff" and so I click the "Repair" button. I enter all my details and make payment. Now, it's almost been a week and there's no sign of life. I click "Track Repair" and enter my RMA number. Nothing. So, then I attempt to track using my IMEI number. Nothing. Finally, I try it again using my phone number and zip code. Surprise---that one works and I can see I have a repair order, but it's all blanks under "Replacement device, date shipped, etc."

How many days to get a replacement? Who knows.

Any other aftermarket sources to replace a cracked screen?

Buy a OTG cable and you can use a mouse to control the phone, backup what you need and unlock it to transfer files to a computer

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Nearly 5.5 hours screen on time and 10% Left is not bad. Most of it was streaming Netflix and Youtube.

View attachment 204696

That's really good.

I can get right around 5 hrs SOT, which I'm quite happy with. Literally all my battery concerns about this device have evaporated. I usually have my brightness set to about 15% because this thing's display is so darn bright to begin with, so I'm sure that helps. But still, happy customer.

maestreaux

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else having a sporadic battery drain issue? Its only happened a handful of times in the 3 weeks i've had the phone but it is weird. Happens at night while i'm sleeping and the phone is in sleep mode. Went to bed last night battery at about 70% and woke up this morning it was about 30%????? No clue what could causing this?

Screenshot_2015-11-06-10-29-38.jpg

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Nearly 5.5 hours screen on time and 10% Left is not bad. Most of it was streaming Netflix and Youtube.

View attachment 204696

About how many hours off the charger is that? And do you happen to know the temp your phone reaches when streaming YouTube (if you have gsam or some similar monitoring app)? I'm questioning whether or not I should be replacing this phone because it gets really hot all the time (105-110 from simply watching YouTube on wifi with low brightness).

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I have yet to reach over 3 hrs and 15 mins SoT and that was maybe once or twice while at home connected to wifi all day. This morning was slow at work so I was bouncing between social media(twitter, Facebook) the AC app, Flipboard, some chrome browsing and going between DraftKings and the score app setting a lineup. I was off the charger at 4 am, 20 minute drive to work streaming a podcast and I was down to around 30% by 930-10 am. I would hesitate to say the battery life on this phone is bad but I definitely conserve how much I use it when I'm going to be away from a charger all day.

All of that listed above was with a good signal on T-Mobile with the screen brightness around 15-20%.

Hendry775

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I used GSam to monitor battery life and usage. After 16 days of normal usage which involved gaming, watching youtube videos, web browsing etc, the battery on my Pure averages 12h 50m 0s (5h 27m 0s active usage) on a single charge. My screen is usually at 15-20% brightness most of the time. Impressive!

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I have yet to reach over 3 hrs and 15 mins SoT and that was maybe once or twice while at home connected to wifi all day. This morning was slow at work so I was bouncing between social media(twitter, Facebook) the AC app, Flipboard, some chrome browsing and going between DraftKings and the score app setting a lineup. I was off the charger at 4 am, 20 minute drive to work streaming a podcast and I was down to around 30% by 930-10 am. I would hesitate to say the battery life on this phone is bad but I definitely conserve how much I use it when I'm going to be away from a charger all day.

All of that listed above was with a good signal on T-Mobile with the screen brightness around 15-20%.

I'm trying to figure out how you lost that much battery. I use mine all day flipping between things and it isn't this bad.

Also did you plug it in on your commute? I know it is only 20 minutes but I would still plug it in. If you happen to get a quick charge 2.0 for the car that 20 minutes would give you more battery.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Weak signal areas can drain the battery in just a few hours, screen on time or not. Signal and apps that push 1440p graphics are the wildcards IMO to good or bad battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11