How's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?

schwars1

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Real World Battery Life

Yes. Day one the battery was OK. By day five after it settled in it was great. And with 6.0 and Doze it will only get better.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

With that kind of use as long as your signal is decent, you should be fine. Poor signal and heavy screen use with brightness up as well as graphics intensive games are huge battery drainers.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Mine was the same

First few days battery was okay but after settling in its really good.

My typical 12hr day with my G3 I'd be at 25% With my Moto X I'm at 60% Much better

Posted via the Android Central App

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I get a full days use out of it. I average about 4-4.5 hrs of screen on time and can go about a day without charging it. GSam battery monitor says my average battery life is 1 day 2 hours. I'd say I'm a moderate user. Lots of emails, Internet nonsense, news reading, sometimes youtube, etc. I have a backup power bank but haven't had to use it.
Days when I take a bunch of pictures, the battery dies a bit faster, but I'm no longer worried about it dying during the day.
Mine took a full 7 days before the battery settled in, so don't panic if it dies quickly the first week! :)

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

If I am out and about and know might not be near a power source until later at night, I set the MXPE into power save mode. Background data stops and the display is dims some, but still get texts, calls and can use most functions of the device. Background data stopping helps a LOT if in areas with weak signal, since less radio drain. It also cuts sleep drain in half.

Can't use Google market while in power save mode, but just a switch away (I set up a shortcut using Quick Shortcut app from market).

Shimon Mor

May 5, 2013
Visit site

I was a little worried about the battery due to all the comments I read before buying this phone but after just a couple of days of use I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised by how well the battery holds up. I have everything going (BT, WiFi, GPS, fairly bright screen w/ adaptive). After a full day at work where I usually take about half a dozen calls, a bunch of e-mails and texts, a couple of hours with BT headphones listening to music and misc phone usage looking up files and Internet usage...I got home with 70% battery life. My previous phone was a Samsung S4 and I would get home with about 50% with similar usage. I'm impressed. And the battery still isn't really broken in. So, I would say that for me, this phone has very good battery life. When I'm at home, I notice battery life is significantly worse but that's because the Verizon signal is very weak (shows no bars but still have a signal) and cell standby always is using much more power. May have to get a femtocell.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Battery Drain?

It's real simple: The battery life sucks. It drains precipitously while it's sitting here doing nothing.

Mine drains in weak signal areas, just like the Note 4 does and all other LTE devices.

Battery drain when not using has been good for an Android device. You might have a rogue app or a combo of issues.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Re: Battery Drain?

It's real simple: The battery life sucks. It drains precipitously while it's sitting here doing nothing.

You must have an app that is draining your battery or in a weak signal area. Mine barely drains when I am not using the device.

cdubb1

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Strange thing happened with me. So I bought this from Best Buy not long after it came out. It got REALLY HOT hardly doing anything, and the battery was terrible. I returned it. Decided to give it another shot and got one from Amazon. It does not get hot and the battery life is BEASTLY. Go figure.

crusty210

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I usually get 2.5 to 3 hours of screen on time (usually need to charge every night). I am not completely happy with the battery life but the turbo charger almost makes up for it.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine one week today and I've been pleased with the battery life. It wasn't much the first couple of days but has settled in and is doing pretty well. It's a little less than my Turbo (which wasn't that great for what it was supposed to be) but not by much.

Today its lower than usual at this time (6:00 pm), its at 35%, but I've been streaming AC podcasts a lot today. It comes off the charger at 5:00 am everyday and the last few days I've been around 45% at this time.

I can live with that..

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
How's everyone's battery life?

I recently got a pure and am on the fence of taking it back for the 6P, but I'm not sure as its only been around 4 days.

Hendry775

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: How's everyone's battery life?

Battery life was inconsistent for the first few days, but after letting the battery go through some charge/discharge cycles, it easily lasts for a day or slightly more on moderate usage.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

If the 6P interests you on its own merits as a phone, I'd say go ahead and return the Pure. Otherwise I'd give it a week or so. I routinely get 4.5 to 5 hours of SOT with my Pure (caveats: on Verizon, typically good signal, screen brightness at about 15%, don't game much). It took several days for my battery life to even out, but once it did I was a happy customer.

Posted via my Mate 7 or my Moto X Pure

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

If the 6P interests you on its own merits as a phone, I'd say go ahead and return the Pure. Otherwise I'd give it a week or so. I routinely get 4.5 to 5 hours of SOT with my Pure (caveats: on Verizon, typically good signal, screen brightness at about 15%, don't game much). It took several days for my battery life to even out, but once it did I was a happy customer.

Right.. I don't know, this is a really hard decision for me to make. They are both practically the same phone.. But I'm really having a hard time believing the battery life you're getting. I've gotten it a few times like you do routinely, and maybe it's just that the phone is new, but I'm honestly so stressed about battery life. Wasn't on the iPhone 6 and I feel like the iPhone 6 has better battery life than the Pure so far. I feel like the 6P would get better battery life, but Doze only really works when a phone is on a flat surface like a table.
I'm at such a hard spot right now. Returning this phone and waiting for the 6P to come in would be so stressful during this season, but I'm not sure if it'd be worth it. I don't know what to do man. I want to stay on Android again but getting back in to it is stressful.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Right.. I don't know, this is a really hard decision for me to make. They are both practically the same phone.. But I'm really having a hard time believing the battery life you're getting. I've gotten it a few times like you do routinely, and maybe it's just that the phone is new, but I'm honestly so stressed about battery life. Wasn't on the iPhone 6 and I feel like the iPhone 6 has better battery life than the Pure so far. I feel like the 6P would get better battery life, but Doze only really works when a phone is on a flat surface like a table.
I'm at such a hard spot right now. Returning this phone and waiting for the 6P to come in would be so stressful during this season, but I'm not sure if it'd be worth it. I don't know what to do man. I want to stay on Android again but getting back in to it is stressful.

The 6P will likely have better day to day battery life. But you should be able to get 4-5 hours on the Pure *if* you keep the screen brightness at or below 20% (which for me is plenty bright in all but the most brilliant outdoor situations), and IF you're an average-ish user in terms of cpu demand...ie not a heavy gamer.

I also got a turbo charger for my car and my computer bag and I am NEVER without adequate juice. 20 mins gets me 50%. Hard to beat.

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

The 6P will likely have better day to day battery life. But you should be able to get 4-5 hours on the Pure *if* you keep the screen brightness at or below 20% (which for me is plenty bright in all but the most brilliant outdoor situations), and IF you're an average-ish user in terms of cpu demand...ie not a heavy gamer.

I also got a turbo charger for my car and my computer bag and I am NEVER without adequate juice. 20 mins gets me 50%. Hard to beat.

True, I'm a normal user and barely game but I like YouTube which is fine. I'm at about 4:21 at 15% so its lasted me longer than I thought it would again haha. And it really does charge fast, its really something else.

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site

There are a few threads about this. I'm telling you, give it a few more days. My battery went from under three hours of screen on time to 4.5 on the 7th day.
I keep my phone at 50% brightness (I like it bright!). Haven't had to use a backup power bank yet.
Taking pictures does eat my battery, but other than that, it's pretty good.
Anyway, you have two weeks to return it. Might as well wait til day 10-11 to decide.
Hope this helps! :)

brian l s

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site

Like others it took mine about 7 days for the battery to settle in. First couple days I was pretty sure I was sending it back. I'm a moderate user. Low screen brightness, < 2 hrs of SoT typically. Mostly news/email/texting/music to my bluetooth headphones.

I want 45% - 50% battery left in the tank when I put it back on the charger at the end of the day. I don't care about fast charging--any kind of charging is a pain.

After the first few days I've had no trouble making it through a 16 hour day nearly always with 50% or more battery remaining. A couple days I had 62% left at bedtime.

I'm happy now and hoping Marshmallow can squeeze a little more out.