09-09-2016 03:01 PM
464 123 ...
tools
    What are you guys battery life after having the phone for a couple days . Is battery a deal breaker for you. Does the battery get the job done. Would you say it has been improving and is the battery life.
    09-13-2015 09:55 AM
    I've been satisfied so far after 3 days, but it's still hard to tell. I'm still setting it up and adding apps.

The TurboCharge is fast! If you have access to plug in for 15 minutes in the afternoon, you'll come home with 50% plus.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-13-2015 10:12 AM
    I really want to know what screen on time people are getting as with my G3 I got three hours and that included one hour of Netflix and the rest just browsing the Internet and I sold the G3 because of that, also I like my screen bright so I wonder what sot people are getting with a brighter screen.
    09-13-2015 10:22 AM
    From past experience (2013 and 2014 X), it's too early to make this judgment. You should give it week before coming to a conclusion. That's when the battery begins to settle in.
    09-13-2015 11:14 AM
    VOLTE on Verizon is doing ugly things to my battery today so I turned it off.
    09-13-2015 01:05 PM
    I'm only two days in and have been using over the weekend - so not typical usage - but seems pretty okay. I've not yet set up my exchange account either. That'll be the real test. Plus, need to give it a few days to settle in.

That said, Google Play Services seems to be working over my battery at this point. My SOT the last two days has been the second biggest battery drainer.
    09-13-2015 08:28 PM
    VOLTE on Verizon is doing ugly things to my battery today so I turned it off.
    How were you able to validate that as a cause of battery issues?
    Ry likes this.
    09-13-2015 08:45 PM
    I did not. My cell standby numbers went through the roof after activating VOLTE. Correlation isn't always causation but it seems likely to me. I'll turn it back on perhaps tomorrow and experiment.
    jephanie and dmark44 like this.
    09-13-2015 09:11 PM
    I'm getting around 4hrs of SOT.

Only had it a few days though, but I suspect that will be the average for me.

That's a pretty full day of use: 2 syncing email accounts, Twitter, web browsing, on board music and a little PPSSPP/Drastic gaming.

Moto XPE
    co.ag.2005, VoltaicShock and turf like this.
    09-13-2015 09:17 PM
    So, in other words, it has the mobile radio active bug? Or have the battery reporting statistics been repaired and Play Services just burns up CPU instead of mobile radio active time?
    09-15-2015 02:37 PM
    Please post any screenshots of screen on time on the phone and what your experience has been battery wise. I currently have a Nexus 6 and want to make sure battery life will be better or roughly the same before I make the switch.

09-15-2015 05:40 PM
    Please post any screenshots of screen on time on the phone and what your experience has been battery wise. I currently have a Nexus 6 and want to make sure battery life will be better or roughly the same before I make the switch.

Here ya go. Over 21 hours off charger and about 4 hrs 40 min of SOT. If I really took the effort and actually had a reason to be on my phone more, I should have no issues hitting 6 hrs SOT (obviously not with 21 hours off the charger, though). This is with WiFi always on, high accuracy location and adaptive display on.
    Attached Thumbnails How's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?-1442361837874.jpg   How's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?-1442361848401.jpg  
    On2Vegas, DC Wuff, Loiter and 3 others like this.
    09-15-2015 07:04 PM
    Thank you!

09-15-2015 07:23 PM
    Anyone using the PE after using a G4? Both have the same size battery but wondering how the battery life compares from the G4 to the PE.
    09-15-2015 07:28 PM
    I've only had this phone for a couple days but they seem to be pretty much the same. I'm getting about 4 hours SOT.

09-15-2015 07:50 PM
    I have only had it a day, but the first day wasn't very good. Down to 40% now with 1.5 hours of SOT. Granted, apparently I had some radio issues earlier in the day, and it said there was quite a bit of time with no signal, even though my old moto g did just fine. We'll see tomorrow. Here are the screen grabs from today:

Attached Thumbnails How's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?-2241.jpg   How's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?-2242.jpg  
    09-16-2015 01:11 AM
    I unplugged my phone at about 5:00 pm at around 98% charge. Some light music playing on the way to work...it stood by for 5.5 hours in the car. Then on the way home USTREAM for 20 minutes on 3G.
    Set it aside after getting home.
    Currently battery life is not a whole lot better than my SGS3...and that was on a downward spiral of battery death for the past year and a half. :\

Granted this thing charges astonishingly fast on Turbo charge. I do want to wait a week more before final judgement.

09-16-2015 01:58 AM
    Oops. Here is my screen grab.

Attached Thumbnails How's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?-11378.jpg  
    09-16-2015 01:59 AM
    I'm pretty daggone happy with it. My phone has been with the help desk, and they've been trying to get Good for Enterprise activated all day long, so they've been pushing it a bit.

Just plugged it into the Turbo Power 25, and it's charging up at 30sec or less per 1%. Blazing fast!

Definitely a keeper (as if there was any doubt).

Attached Thumbnails How's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?-594.jpg   How's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?-595.jpg  
    So Cold and will1881 like this.
    09-16-2015 03:32 PM
    I'm pretty daggone happy with it. My phone has been with the help desk, and they've been trying to get Good for Enterprise activated all day long, so they've been pushing it a bit.

Just plugged it into the Turbo Power 25, and it's charging up at 30sec or less per 1%. Blazing fast!

Definitely a keeper (as if there was any doubt).

That's awesome, the battery was my biggest concern with this phone and I'm very excited to see these results.

I expect once I get all of my accounts synced including the dreaded exchange account I won't get quite as good of results as others. My N5 dies so fast this will still be a huge upgrade.
    DC Wuff likes this.
    09-16-2015 04:00 PM
    Holy moly. Idle time is excellent.
    Almeuit and DC Wuff like this.
    09-16-2015 04:14 PM
    Holy moly. Idle time is excellent.
    It definitely is. I think I lost 2% overnight last night.
    Ry likes this.
    09-16-2015 05:18 PM
    I don't have any screenshots yet but I am seeing close to what I got on the S6, if not a tiny bit better. Yesterday I got about 24 hours with a bit over 3 hours SOT and today I got about 21 hours with 2:45 SOT. My idle drain is high though, I loose about 7% to 10% overnight (about 7 hours) and cell standby is usually about 15% each morning and is at about 12% to 20% at the end of the day.

Sadly I don't have a way to turn off AT&T's 'enhanced' LTE to get rid of the call standby bug. If I did, the numbers would likely be much better.
    09-16-2015 07:29 PM
    I don't have any screenshots yet but I am seeing close to what I got on the S6, if not a tiny bit better. Yesterday I got about 24 hours with a bit over 3 hours SOT and today I got about 21 hours with 2:45 SOT. My idle drain is high though, I loose about 7% to 10% overnight (about 7 hours) and cell standby is usually about 15% each morning and is at about 12% to 20% at the end of the day.

Sadly I don't have a way to turn off AT&T's 'enhanced' LTE to get rid of the call standby bug. If I did, the numbers would likely be much better.
    Look in the Play Store for an app called LTEOnOff - HTC Thunderbolt. It works great. Switch your phone to WCDMA preferred whenever you want to be in HSPA mode and back to LTE/GSM when you want to be on LTE. I've used it on all three Moto Xs and a Nexus 6 (all on AT&T).

09-16-2015 07:38 PM
    Folks, please check this tear down video. There appears to be room for a bigger battery, so not getting Moto's decision here (weight concern?). I have worked in consumer and commercial electronics with contract manufacturing, a battery company and my undergrad is in both computer electronics and industrial technology (I have some idea of how this stuff is put together).

Also not sure why they went the non replaceable route, due to the material design they used in the housing. Odd since the cost delta would be nominal if anything.

jephanie and ewak12321 like this.
    09-16-2015 07:53 PM
464 123 ...