How am I supposed to transfer files between my phone and my PC if it doesn't come with a USB cable?

jamesnote

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: Moto X PE 2015 turbo charger

Either use another USB cord or you can find a cheap SD card reader

I have other USB cables from previous phones, Samsung GS2, GS6, and LG L90, but none of them work. I also have SD card reader in the PC itself, but that's not a really good option, since I will have to remove the SD from the phone every time I want to manage my files. And you know how pain in the *** that is to remove the SD card from the phone. You will be removing the SIM card and SD card tray. So the SD card reader is not an option.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
My MPXE has no problem using USB cords. What notifications, if any are you getting? Or is there simply no interaction whatsoever between the PC and the phone?

Dom12

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
When you connect USB to PC, it defaults to "Charging Only". Pull down your notifications, and select the "USB for charging" one. That should bring up a menu (see image). Select "Transfer files (MTP)" and the files on your phone should then be accessible from your PC.
MXPE_USB.png

jamesnote

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
When you connect USB to PC, it defaults to "Charging Only". Pull down your notifications, and select the "USB for charging" one. That should bring up a menu (see image). Select "Transfer files (MTP)" and the files on your phone should then be accessible from your PC.
View attachment 213206

Guys,
Appreciate your input and help. I have found the problem. It was 2 bad USB cables from my previous phones and I think it's possible that the USB port on my PC was malfunctioning. So tried another USB cable that was from an LG phone and plugged it into a different USB port on the PC, and voila..the darn thing works! I now can see the image above and am able to select the various options available. Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21