Speaker crackling issues at or near maximum volume on my Moto X Pure Edition

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Who else is having this issue. Need to know should I return or not...

Alright so I received my Mxpe yesterday morning and all has been great so far except one small issue. After reading reports of crackling/distorted speakers I decided to check if I had the issue. I went into the notification ring tones and proceeded to play each one. I noticed that right before and after the ringtones play there seems to be a slight static/pop/crackle noise. It's not super noticeable but if you listen carefully it is there. The slight static /crackle also happens randomly when receiving some notifications. However when playing videos listening to music and podcasts I have yet to hear the issue. Other than that all seems good so far it is not awful to the point where I can't stand it just super annoying and feel like this shouldn't be happening in the first place .. Would you say this issue is worth returning and trying another unit? Have any of you been experiencing this problem also?

Riccardo C

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Who else is having this issue. Need to know should I return or not...

Alright so I received my Mxpe yesterday morning and all has been great so far except one small issue. After reading reports of crackling/distorted speakers I decided to check if I had the issue. I went into the notification ring tones and proceeded to play each one. I noticed that right before and after the ringtones play there seems to be a slight static/pop/crackle noise. It's not super noticeable but if you listen carefully it is there. The slight static /crackle also happens randomly when receiving some notifications. However when playing videos listening to music and podcasts I have yet to hear the issue. Other than that all seems good so far it is not awful to the point where I can't stand it just super annoying and feel like this shouldn't be happening in the first place .. Would you say this issue is worth returning and trying another unit? Have any of you been experiencing this problem also?

i had one unit where it was really bad in all types of calls but on the other hand my new unit has been fairly good with a rogue pop and crack. I am confused myself because motorola has been horrible with fixing these issues. im thinking on getting in on my 14 day refund and returning it for the nexus devices coming to market..

Peter Rokkos

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

Same here - exact same situation. Only notice a small static/crackle pop when notification pings. Specifically when the messaging app gives me a notification when message is sent I believe. Never seen it while playing a podcast or music. Annoying but not enough to process a return for now. But I assume its an actual flaw/issue, not something that can be software fixed? Been considering downloading more notification sounds in hopes that one won't trigger the pop. Also not really a fan of noise for messaging notifications so will likely just turn that notification off.

LaxRef93

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

Same here - exact same situation. Only notice a small static/crackle pop when notification pings. Specifically when the messaging app gives me a notification when message is sent I believe. Never seen it while playing a podcast or music. Annoying but not enough to process a return for now. But I assume its an actual flaw/issue, not something that can be software fixed? Been considering downloading more notification sounds in hopes that one won't trigger the pop. Also not really a fan of noise for messaging notifications so will likely just turn that notification off.
I noticed that mine does the same thing. Annoying, but not sure it's enough to do a return for.

Sent from my Moto X Pure Edition via Tapatalk

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I noticed the crackle sound for almost all my notifications, after the sound plays, when the screen is on. Can't think of any other phone of mine which had the issue.

I hear a lot of static during calls as well. Definitely not present in my wife's Moto G 1st Gen.

It's an irritant, but not a deal breaker.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

kennith_ng

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
I tested youtube, google music, all are fine.
But, Have anyone tried a game called LINE RANGERS? (I know LINE games is not so popular in US)

It is absolutely normal from loading to level choosing page, UNTIL when it starts the battle, it starts glitching, just like loading the audio incompletely in streaming, and the screen lags, the problem increases when the volume is set higher.(It is so horrible to hear that noise.)

The problem stops ONLY if the volume is at 1, and more importantly, there is nothing wrong when I plug in headphones, smooth as it has to be.

Is it hardware problem or software problem?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair