Verizon says my Amazon purchase can be covered through Asurion

JasonBird01

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Verizon says it would be covered since my moto x is on there network. I'm just wondering if it would be covered on asurion even though I brought from Amazon and not Verizon. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Bought from Amazon and have Asurion through Verizon.

It would be covered, so long as asurion is active on the line. Keep on mind though that if asurion doesn't stock that particular model then they would give you an "equivalent" replacement

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

also, Asurion is much more expensive than Moto's insurance, going through Moto might be the best option (unless you need the lost/theft option of asurion).

JasonBird01

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site

also, Asurion is much more expensive than Moto's insurance, going through Moto might be the best option (unless you need the lost/theft option of asurion).
So can I purchase the insurance through Motorola since I bought the phone from Amazon?

RikkiRay

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site

Verizon says it would be covered since my moto x is on there network. I'm just wondering if it would be covered on asurion even though I brought from Amazon and not Verizon. Thanks in advance.

Interesting that Verizon says your moto x is on their network. May I assume you're referring to the new MPXE 2015? If so, maybe Moto & Verizon HAVE resolved the missing IMEI information on Verizon's network. Hope so. Would save some of us a lot of unnecessary steps.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

So can I purchase the insurance through Motorola since I bought the phone from Amazon?

hmm, good question. I assumed you bought from MotoMaker and were trying to use Asurion. I'd definitely give Moto a call! they might provide their warranty, but if not, go try SquareTrade as well. I use SquareTrade on all my phones but the Moto one is a little cheaper if you can get it. Also, search google for SquareTrade promo codes in case they are doing a promo right now (not sure, but doesn't hurt to try).

EDIT: I see the title of your post mentioned an Amazon purchase. My bad...

JasonBird01

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site

hmm, good question. I assumed you bought from MotoMaker and were trying to use Asurion. I'd definitely give Moto a call! they might provide their warranty, but if not, go try SquareTrade as well. I use SquareTrade on all my phones but the Moto one is a little cheaper if you can get it. Also, search google for SquareTrade promo codes in case they are doing a promo right now (not sure, but doesn't hurt to try).
Thanks for the info!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude