My Moto X Pure Edition screen has a yellow tint to it

tikemorres

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I just opened up my Moto X Pure and when comparing it to my iPhone6+ I noticed the whites are really Yellow. I tried adjusting settings but no luck. Here is a side by side comparisson.
I was really hoping to ditch the iPhone but with screen quality like this I might not. Any suggestions???
IMG_0362.jpg

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
re:

I just opened up my Moto X Pure and when comparing it to my iPhone6+ I noticed the whites are really Yellow. I tried adjusting settings but no luck. Here is a side by side comparisson.
I was really hoping to ditch the iPhone but with screen quality like this I might not. Any suggestions???
View attachment 196782

Yeah it's a really warm screen. I'm not sure there is anything that can really be done. It may have been the screen that they have chosen. If you can't get past that then I suggest returning it. This appears to be a corner that was apparently cut.

Posted via the Android Central App

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
re:

That's odd because mine has whites that look very good. Just holding it up to the monitor, yours looks orange and mine looks comparable to your iPhone. Maybe it's a defective screen?

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Moto X Pure Screen Whites are YELLOW!

This again.. This has happened to multiple phones with qhd.. It's not a defect.. It's how the phones display was calibrated in batches, some phones come out warm some come out cool. I had an lg g3 that had a warm display. Just do Google searches about warm temp displays ur not the only one. If you don't like it just return it and try your luck

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

tikemorres

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site

I bought it from Amazon so they are sending me a replacement. Hopefully it is better than this one! Thanks for everyone's replies!

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

I really hope this warm screen isn't the norm as that isn't white enough for me, can any others owners post some comparison pictures please as this won't be the phone for me if the whites are like that!

metacuate

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Mine is definitely off white but doesn't look quite that exaggerated next to my 6 plus

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

View attachment 196782

That's awful...

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

let's see some screenshots .... that'd be a deal breaker, but I agree it's isolated to batches. that said, screenshots would be nice to compare. thanks in advance!

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 196782
Have you turned adaptive display off?

MOTO X PURE EDITION!

metacuate

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Here you go. You can see the moto is slightly less white (more yellow) than an iPhone 6 plus. Not as bad as the OP, though.

Attachments

• 70.jpg
    70.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 383
  • 69.jpg
    69.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 179

metacuate

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Brightness on both phones was max, all adaptive brightness is turned off, and taken with another iPhone.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site

Unfortunately, mine also has this yellow white :( I thought I was only person who got bothered by it. My Samsung just blows my moto x pure in screen quality.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Here you go. You can see the moto is slightly less white (more yellow) than an iPhone 6 plus. Not as bad as the OP, though.

Definitely not as bad but still noticeable and disappointing

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

that's a lot better. it's not like I'd be holding both phones next to each other so it won't even be noticeable.

nice to know some batches have that issue though, definitely something for us that don't have one yet to be cognizant of.

thx for posting!

Last edited:

Ichigo91

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site

So now there are batches of white and yellowish screens??

Who the HELL wants a yellow tint screen???

I don't live in USA or europe, and the mail is very slow here, I don't want to fall on a yellow tint screen and make the replacement progress go for months...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

So now there are batches of white and yellowish screens??

Who the HELL wants a yellow tint screen???

I don't live in USA or europe, and the mail is very slow here, I don't want to fall on a yellow tint screen and make the replacement progress go for months...

Unfortunately defects like this can occur with ANY phone. When things are mass produced there are going to be a few bad ones .. It sucks but it is the truth. That is why most places have return periods, warranties, insurance, etc.