My Moto X Pure Edition screen has a yellow tint to it

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Moto X Pure Screen Whites are YELLOW!

Only really noticeable when comparing.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yours is definitely better but I am still not convinced as I am ready to buy this phone when it is launched in the UK but I am having serious doubts now as currently I have a Sony Xperia Z3 which has a superb bright screen with vivid whites and I just know when I compare the two it will look similar!

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

Unfortunately, mine also has this yellow white :( I thought I was only person who got bothered by it. My Samsung just blows my moto x pure in screen quality.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

overly sharpened and bright colors is bad for your eyes and samsung is good at over doing their displays just to hurt you and make i believe thats what a good screen looks like. yes the yellow tint in op is to much of a warm color but warm colors are whats good for your eyes.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

Unfortunately defects like this can occur with ANY phone. When things are mass produced there are going to be a few bad ones .. It sucks but it is the truth. That is why most places have return periods, warranties, insurance, etc.

its not a defect its part of the color calibration, im sure your tv or monitor has warm and cool temps that you can set, some people prefer the warmer temps as its easy to the eyes.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

its not a defect its part of the color calibration, im sure your tv or monitor has warm and cool temps that you can set, some people prefer the warmer temps as its easy to the eyes.

Oh I agree -- I am just saying everyone shouldn't expect perfect devices 110% of the time. We always hope we aren't part of that group that gets a bad one but when something is mass produced a few bad ones are to be expected.

Ichigo91

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site

Oh I agree -- I am just saying everyone shouldn't expect perfect devices 110% of the time. We always hope we aren't part of that group that gets a bad one but when something is mass produced a few bad ones are to be expected.

Well I just emailed Clove UK about it and this is the reply I got (fair enough)

Thanks for your email - I have honestly not heard this so far and I would assume given it is yet to launch that this could have only been very early samples

I would suggest perhaps, you wait until we have physical stock , so we can check before you order.

Clove Sales

mona5804

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if there is a root tweak to change screen temperature. I'm coming from a silver edition passport on is 10.3.2 and that was thankfully an option.. Can't imagine android wouldn't be able to duplicate that setting.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
No yellow here.. Great screen..

Well that is good to know as this post has thrown my next phone purchase into doubt as I was going to get this phone but there is no way I can cope with a yellowish screen and I am wondering whether to try the Nexus 6 instead, I know it's an older phone but I like trying different phones.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
If you compare with other phones, it will definitely look little warm but you can get used to it.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
If you compare with other phones, it will definitely look little warm but you can get used to it.

I am sure I could but I would struggle with the screen on the first post on this thread as that screen is too warm :)

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Well that is good to know as this post has thrown my next phone purchase into doubt as I was going to get this phone but there is no way I can cope with a yellowish screen and I am wondering whether to try the Nexus 6 instead, I know it's an older phone but I like trying different phones.

Some unit may have a problem but my X is perfect. Not as good as Note5 or S6 but good enough for me..

jpkerr1

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Re:

The Moto does have a warmer screen color. Probably seems more exaggerated to you because your iPhone screen looks just about as far in the opposite direction, as in your iPhone seems pretty blue.

J_Jameson

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Not to dismiss the issue, but pictures of screens often overemphasize issues like this, Also, as is often the case, many people without experience tend to believe that D6500K whites are extremely warm and "yellowed" so a good calibration is, in their eyes, a "bad screen". My screen is pretty much on point at 6468K according to colortrue with my i1display pro. I'm sure there are many MXPE screens that aren't as well calibrated but we can't really use an iphone as a reference as they are commonly calibrated much cooler at anywhere from 6700k to 7200K. My S6 in basic mode read at like 6300 or 6350K last I checked. That was a while ago though.

mona5804

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I wish Google would just include a screen temp gauge in the next update. Problem solved. Jailbroken iphones can do it and so can BB10. Why not us?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I wish Google would just include a screen temp gauge in the next update. Problem solved. Jailbroken iphones can do it and so can BB10. Why not us?

Google doesn't build all Android phones is why. Motorola built this device just like Samsung builds theirs. Only Apple builds iPhones.

mona5804

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Are you saying it would have to be a Nexus device? Motorola makes a version of android who's to say they can't add a temp gauge.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying it would have to be a Nexus device? Motorola makes a version of android who's to say they can't add a temp gauge.

There are many third party apps that will read the temperature of the phone. I currently use GSam which can give me these reads.

mona5804

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry I meant the color temperature of the phones screen. Sorry for the confusion. Anyone who has used BB10 recently knows what I'm talking about.

Ichigo91

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I don't believe this whole talk about yellow screen display (warm colors) isn't a defect... ok maybe it's not a defect or maybe it is, but it certainly is not suppose to be yellow, if it is then there certainly is something wrong, white is a color, when I see white I wanna see white and not white as a yellow color... all I can hope is I won't fall on one of those phones, if I do I will want to replace it instantly with another phone if there is no fix to it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR