11-07-2016 05:38 AM
619 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    I personally think it's better to do some research before you buy. Threads like these reveal ugly truths that you won't find in the manufacturer's descriptions.
    I totally agree with you there, and you do get some strange replies when all you are doing is research on a phone that you are really interested in, there is nothing better than talking to owners about their experience with the phone so far so you keep on asking as I am still very unsure whether to get this or not, it is the perfect size for my needs but that battery life is hard for me to get past
    2morebatteries likes this.
    09-21-2015 11:15 AM
    fwiw except for the initial notice I have not seen the screen activation notice repeat unless I wave my hand or pick up the phone. I think someone on this thread mentioned that functionality had been removed. I think the action was referred to as "breathing"
    That was me but i edited my post and it does "breath" until you wave your hand and then it stops . Best of both world's in my opion.
    09-21-2015 11:18 AM
    That was me but i edited my post and it does "breath" until you wave your hand and then it stops . Best of both world's in my opion.
    OK I'm going to try that test again without waving my hand or acknowledging the notice to see if I get the "breathing" action.

OK got it, so now I think I understand the function.
    09-21-2015 11:27 AM
    I miss the restart option when you hit the power button. Sure you can turn it off and restart that way or hold the power button until it does.

Now I'm getting the ringtone, but no calls are present. No voice mails, no nothing. The device will ring like someone is calling and you can't silence it - it will normally ring about five or six times and stop. It happened twice yesterday and three times already today.
    09-21-2015 11:41 AM
    Ouch, that looks horrible. Does the Moto X Pure allow you to put a wireless receiver inside the back cover like most other phones?
    09-21-2015 12:16 PM
    Ouch, that looks horrible. Does the Moto X Pure allow you to put a wireless receiver inside the back cover like most other phones?
    You can't since the back cover doesn't come off.
    09-21-2015 12:31 PM
    You can't since the back cover doesn't come off.
    Wow. I'm just loving this phone more and more. /s
    09-21-2015 12:42 PM
    Wow. I'm just loving this phone more and more. /s
    Just gotta get what works for you .
    JavaNoire likes this.
    09-21-2015 12:53 PM
    It takes forever to get! still waiting for it to deliver.
    Uncle Louie likes this.
    09-21-2015 01:48 PM
    External battery with quick charge 2.0 doesn't work properly. I switched from N6 and miss AMOLED, but MXP has brighter screen, so it's much better outside.
    The problem with quick chargers is different wattage I guess. My Aukey 10400 mAh turns off after few seconds. Same is with Aukery wall charger, it's shows 'turbo charging' every few seconds. However, Anker Power Drive+ works fine in my car.
    09-21-2015 02:26 PM
    OK I'm going to try that test again without waving my hand or acknowledging the notice to see if I get the "breathing" action.

OK got it, so now I think I understand the function.
    What is the rate of "breathing"?
    09-21-2015 02:30 PM
    I own a 2013 Moto X Developer Edition and currently use a Nexus 6. Moto Display on the Moto X and Ambient Display on the Nexus were major considerations for me when deciding on these phones. The ability to get such useful notifications from the AMOLED screen without nuking the battery is awesome so I am most disappointed that Motorola went with an LCD screen this time around. My guess is that the switch to LCD was a cost related decision.

With that said, I recently picked up a Moto 360 so this concern is less significant now that I primarily view notifications on my wrist.
    09-21-2015 02:30 PM
    I miss the restart option when you hit the power button. Sure you can turn it off and restart that way or hold the power button until it does..
    If you keep holding the power button down it does a restart.
    09-21-2015 02:31 PM
    I did say "if you use a case".
    The Moto X Pure back doesn't come off.
    09-21-2015 02:38 PM
    What is the rate of "breathing"?
    About every 6 seconds
    bimbert84 likes this.
    09-21-2015 02:58 PM
    A two finger swipe gets you immediately to the quickset buttons on stock Android.
    09-21-2015 03:08 PM
    A two finger swipe gets you immediately to the quickset buttons on stock Android.
    Yep. Took me a few minutes to notice
    09-21-2015 03:36 PM
    If you keep holding the power button down it does a restart.
    Yeah, that was my last sentence. Lol

Posted via Moto PE
    09-21-2015 04:08 PM
    -It's too big
    -The display isn't AMOLED (which means the Moto Display isn't quite as magical, or battery friendly)
    -It's too big
    09-21-2015 04:47 PM
    Root-> xposed-> gravitybox-> status bar tweaks-> quick setting management-> quick pulldown...
    ...and you swipe down once with one finger
    09-21-2015 04:57 PM
    My only real (big) dislike now besides the fixed battery is all chargers I have tried are "seen" as USB instead of wall chargers, so either you charge fast and hot with the charger out of box, or charge USB sloooow with most other chargers you probably already have. Since there is no way to turn fast charge off, I am stuck at USB slow since will not use the fast charger. That is not good and a bad miss by Motorola. Charging is threshold based and more than obvious they set it too high. And no, the fast charger is not the reason, since does not work that way. Like batteries, charging is a very analog process. Kind of lame IMO to not catch this.

I have tried 2 AMP chargers that work fine with the power charge hungry iPad Air and other tablets and still seen as USB by Pure. I thought I found a few chargers that work, but was wrong. Still USB charge. This device should be able to (like any other device including the Note 4, 5, Nexus 6 and Moto X 2014) charge normally with a normal 1 AMP charger or higher. This frankly sucks to have a dozen chargers and have one device that only sees a USB charge. Not seen this before- ever with a phone. I have seen USB data cables be picky with Moto devices, but not something as mundane simple as charging.

Eight percent per hour is the best I have gotten.
    09-21-2015 05:22 PM
    My only real dislike now besides the fixed battery is most chargers I have tried are "seen" as USB instead of wall chargers, so either you charge fast and hot with the charger out of box, or charge USB sloooow with most other chargers you probably already have. Since there is no way to turn fast charge off, I am stuck at USB slow since will not use the fast charger. That is not good and a bad miss by Motorola. Charging is threshold based and more than obvious they set it too high. And no, the fast charger is not the reason, since does not work that way. Like batteries, charging is a very analog process. Kind of lame IMO.

I have tried 2 AMP charges that work fine with the power charge hungry iPad Air and other tablets and still seen as USB. I thought I found a few charger that work, but was wrong. Still USB charge.
    What chargers are you using?
    09-21-2015 05:29 PM
    My only real (big) dislike now besides the fixed battery is all chargers I have tried are "seen" as USB instead of wall chargers, so either you charge fast and hot with the charger out of box, or charge USB sloooow with most other chargers you probably already have. Since there is no way to turn fast charge off, I am stuck at USB slow since will not use the fast charger. That is not good and a bad miss by Motorola. Charging is threshold based and more than obvious they set it too high. And no, the fast charger is not the reason, since does not work that way. Like batteries, charging is a very analog process. Kind of lame IMO.

I have tried 2 AMP chargers that work fine with the power charge hungry iPad Air and other tablets and still seen as USB. I thought I found a few charger that work, but was wrong. Still USB charge. This device should be able to (like any other device including the Note 4, 5, Nexus 6 and Moto X 2014) this should charge normally with a normal charger.
    What's to hot ? Is a 100 degrees to hot maybe 102 i dont know. What number do you consider being to hot ?

You said a normal charger is to slow does that mean you plug it in over night and it still isn't charged ? that would be an issue because thats how 99% of the people charge their phones.
    09-21-2015 05:34 PM
    Carrier check-in for hotspot. :/
    Bummer for those of us on the ole AT&T grandfathered unlimited data plan where you can't even pay extra for hotspot.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-21-2015 07:48 PM
    So far my only complaint is about the wood back. A bit more slippery than I thought. Looks awesome but if you don't have moisture on your hands there is no feedback while holding. Maybe it's better for someone with larger hands. Might take advantage of the exhnage and switch back to silicone but not really digging the colors.
    09-21-2015 08:11 PM
619 ... 910111213 ...