11-07-2016 04:38 AM
619 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Headphone jack on top is annoying.
    I would have to say it is odd if I used headphone jacks. I don't use them anymore.. I went through my iPhone 6+, S6, LG G4 , and now Moto without ever plugging on in. Bluetooth became way too needed for when I am at work .
    09-25-2015 02:04 PM
    Then the warranty is voided. $80 bye bye. It should have a throttle feature like Samsung out of box. Simple chipset cap is all it is.
    Definitely true. I already rooted mine lol. Warranty still says 2016 for now.... we'll see though.
    09-25-2015 03:07 PM
    I would have to say it is odd if I used headphone jacks. I don't use them anymore.. I went through my iPhone 6+, S6, LG G4 , and now Moto without ever plugging on in. Bluetooth became way too needed for when I am at work .
    I feel the same way. I would feel awkward now with wires dangling from my ears lol. I have the Sony MDRZX770BN/B, I've been using them with Viper4Android since the OPO and they are great.
    09-25-2015 03:21 PM
    Definitely true. I already rooted mine lol. Warranty still says 2016 for now.... we'll see though.
    Pretty sure Moto has said in their support forums that they will still cover mechanical issues (overheating, battery or screen going out, etc) if you root or unlock the bootloader but if you borked the software due to your tinkering or if was just a software issue in general then there was no warranty coverage for that.
    ShadyMouse likes this.
    09-25-2015 04:05 PM
    I am starting to see maybe a few issues with touch operation while typing and when trying to place a cursor in text. Not sure about this yet. It could be the phone or it could be the app or the forum.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    09-25-2015 06:37 PM
    I cant think of anything I don't like about it. Hmmm maybe if it came with a pre- installed tempered glass protector.But everyone doesn't like those. Oh well I tried to find something not to like.
    I'm pretty much at that point too. At first I didn't care for the grayish appearance of the whole screen "lighting up" with Moto Display notifications at night, especially when compared to the 2014 Moto X, but you know what? It's actually easier on my eyes at night, and now I've gotten to where I like it. I don't have any overheating issues (use GSam to monitor), and after a week of owning it, battery life has been great for my needs. I get through the day easily. I'm getting close to 4 hours screen time, which is plenty for me. It's important to note I'm what I would consider a moderate user and I have a terrific signal both at home and at work. The speakers are so much better than the 2014 Moto X, which was a nice surprise but most importantly, and I can't emphasize this enough - the camera is much better than that on my 2014 Moto X. I'm able to take decent photos without having to take multiple shots. I thought the bigger size and heavier weight would be an issue, but I can still fit it in my pocket (just barely), and it feels great in the hand. In short, for me, it's the best Moto X yet. Now if I could just get Amazon to speed up delivery of that Cimo back cover and the screen protector I ordered.
    09-26-2015 05:33 PM
    I'm pretty much at that point too. At first I didn't care for the grayish appearance of the whole screen "lighting up" with Moto Display notifications at night, especially when compared to the 2014 Moto X, but you know what? It's actually easier on my eyes at night, and now I've gotten to where I like it. I don't have any overheating issues (use GSam to monitor), and after a week of owning it, battery life has been great for my needs. I get through the day easily. I'm getting close to 4 hours screen time, which is plenty for me. It's important to note I'm what I would consider a moderate user and I have a terrific signal both at home and at work. The speakers are so much better than the 2014 Moto X, which was a nice surprise but most importantly, and I can't emphasize this enough - the camera is much better than that on my 2014 Moto X. I'm able to take decent photos without having to take multiple shots. I thought the bigger size and heavier weight would be an issue, but I can still fit it in my pocket (just barely), and it feels great in the hand. In short, for me, it's the best Moto X yet. Now if I could just get Amazon to speed up delivery of that Cimo back cover and the screen protector I ordered.
    Right, but the thread is what do you NOT like.....
    ShadyMouse and Tristan944 like this.
    09-26-2015 07:31 PM
    OK if I must say what I don't like .That would be I wish it had wireless charging would been a bonus thing. But that only didn't stop me from loving my MXPE haha

From my Moto X PE
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    09-26-2015 09:53 PM
    The yellow, warm temperature of the screen. Makes all white colors look yellowed and old.
    09-27-2015 01:42 PM
    Fair enough. Okay - what I don't like is the lack of accessories. There never were many accessories for the first two versions of this phone so I don't expect there to be more available for this one. It's really kind of sad that of the three covers/cases I ordered for it, the only one that has actually been delivered is the one that is for a Note 4. Everything's on backorder it seems. Dang.
    09-27-2015 03:58 PM
    Battery ...

Broke down and ordered this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B013H...cUvbUpU4712700

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-27-2015 06:56 PM
    No real issue with my phone. Honestly, just hope they fine tune the adaptive brightness so that it doesn't react to every minor change in brightness.

I agree this is really the only thing that bothers me so far Samsung had it down pretty good.
    09-27-2015 09:36 PM
    Warm white screen. Prefer cool white
    09-28-2015 05:09 PM
    Pretty sure Moto has said in their support forums that they will still cover mechanical issues (overheating, battery or screen going out, etc) if you root or unlock the bootloader but if you borked the software due to your tinkering or if was just a software issue in general then there was no warranty coverage for that.
    They dont' have a choice its federal law.
    09-28-2015 07:41 PM
    Camera...

09-29-2015 05:59 PM
    Just received mine from Amazon last night. I'm coming from an LG G3. Here are my dislikes thus far..

1. I would like to be able to rearrange the capacitive buttons to have the back button on the right side of the phone. G3 had this option.

2. Separate volume controls are needed for the ringtone and notifications. G3 had this option. The notifications sound was too low, but if I turn up the ringer volume, then the phone ringer is too loud. Think this has something to do with the ascending ring. Found a suitable workaround with the "disable increasing ring" app, but the phone needs this functionality out of the box.

3. Phone needs a vibration intensity controller, or at least a way to change the vibration rhythm. This damn thing vibrates so hard that there is nothing discrete about it. This is huge.

4. I would also like the ability to hide the capacitive buttons in apps that I choose. The G3 has this and it's great. You just swipe up from the bottom, and the buttons appear when they are needed.

I'm sure here are more, but that's all I got right now. If anyone has any solutions or workaround to the issues I mentioned, I'm all ears.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    kj11 likes this.
    09-30-2015 02:00 PM
    Just received mine from Amazon last night. I'm coming from an LG G3. Here are my dislikes thus far..

1. I would like to be able to rearrange the capacitive buttons to have the back button on the right side of the phone. G3 had this option.

2. Separate volume controls are needed for the ringtone and notifications. G3 had this option. The notifications sound was too low, but if I turn up the ringer volume, then the phone ringer is too loud. Think this has something to do with the ascending ring. Found a suitable workaround with the "disable increasing ring" app, but the phone needs this functionality out of the box.

3. Phone needs a vibration intensity controller, or at least a way to change the vibration rhythm. This damn thing vibrates so hard that there is nothing discrete about it. This is huge.

4. I would also like the ability to hide the capacitive buttons in apps that I choose. The G3 has this and it's great. You just swipe up from the bottom, and the buttons appear when they are needed.

I'm sure here are more, but that's all I got right now. If anyone has any solutions or workaround to the issues I mentioned, I'm all ears.

LG has the best immersive mode nav bar hiding options of any company. They did other things wrong, but that and some volume setting options were done right.
    09-30-2015 04:18 PM

AOSP doesn't have these options. Google doesn't add them to their Nexus fork. Motorola goes for AOSP/Nexus + Moto for their fork. Thus, you won't see options like the G3 has on the Moto X Pure Edition.
    09-30-2015 04:52 PM

When comparing the moto x to the LG G3 I really found it to be more of a lateral move than an upgrade.
    09-30-2015 07:19 PM

There is an app called fulscrn that will do this for you.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dev.fullscreen

AustinTech likes this.
    10-01-2015 06:59 AM
    There is an app called fulscrn that will do this for you.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dev.fullscreen

Thanks. Will give it a try now. Solved a couple of issues I mentioned above with the All In One Gestures app. Being able to lock the screen with a double tap to the status bar is so much better than reaching for the power button. Can also go "back" now by swiping from the right edge instead of reaching for the poorly placed back button.

10-01-2015 08:52 AM
    Thanks. Will give it a try now. Solved a couple of issues I mentioned above with the All In One Gestures app. Being able to lock the screen with a double tap to the status bar is so much better than reaching for the power button. Can also go "back" now by swiping from the right edge instead of reaching for the poorly placed back button.

I agree about locking screen with double tap which is one reason I installed Nova launcher. Tried to stay Vanilla but too many things I missed from Nova.

10-01-2015 09:58 AM

Fulscrn app is no bueno because you can't access the keyboard with it activated.

10-01-2015 10:05 AM
    I'm coming from a 2013 Moto X (personal) and Galaxy S6 (work)

My rubber back is actually quite smooth and slippery to me. I don't feel comfortable going without a case on this. For now I'm just using the stock bumper.

The IPS display looks great, but I do prefer AMOLED. It pains me to see the entire screen light up at night when my active notifications go on. Of couse during the day I can't see this, but I know it's there and doing it. I wouldn't care so much if I was able to get a whole day on this. It's still too early for me to make a final judgement on battery, but for now I'm skeptical about getting a full day on it. I have to confess that I do play a lot of Clash, but still not getting a lot of OST (2.5 hrs). For some reason Google Play Services has been the top user of my battery. Perhaps this is related to playing Clash -- switching between multiple accounts.

The earpiece volume on max is too low. I can't hear when I'm out and about where there is a lot of external noise. This isn't a problem with my 2013 Moto X or the S5.

Camera is much improved, but the Nexus 6P camera is giving me cause to seriously consider changing to that one -- picture quality is very important to me.

I'm still getting used to the top heavy weighting on this phone.

Otherwise I really like this phone, but may switch to the Nexus 6p for AMOLED and Camera. I will miss the moto active notifications and gestures.
    AustinTech likes this.
    10-01-2015 12:18 PM
    Fulscrn app is no bueno because you can't access the keyboard with it activated.

Better than nothing, but barely. Moto needs to go the LG route- being able to apply immersive mode to any app you choose.
    10-01-2015 12:23 PM
619 ... 1213141516 ...