What do you NOT like about YOUR Moto X Pure Edition?

Gurilla

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: What do you NOT like about this phone?

Scrolling feels a little choppy especially on apps like twitter and instagram. It was much smoother on my Nexus 5.

jojesa

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: What do you NOT like about the Moto X Pure Edition?

You know what I hate? I hate that I can't buy it because Motorola felt that Canadians aren't worthy enough to purchase their flagship phone or something. No way I'm giving them my money for the 16GB trash that is the Moto X Play.

Posted via the Android Central App

I felt the same way when they released the Moto X Play in Canada and not in the USA.
I prefer the long battery and smaller manageable size of the Play to the performance difference on the PE.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I cant think of anything I don't like about it. Hmmm maybe if it came with a pre- installed tempered glass protector.But everyone doesn't like those. Oh well I tried to find something not to like. ;)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Headphone jack on top is annoying.

I would have to say it is odd if I used headphone jacks. I don't use them anymore.. I went through my iPhone 6+, S6, LG G4 , and now Moto without ever plugging on in. Bluetooth became way too needed for when I am at work :).

ShadyMouse

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

Then the warranty is voided. $80 bye bye. It should have a throttle feature like Samsung out of box. Simple chipset cap is all it is.

Definitely true. I already rooted mine lol. Warranty still says 2016 for now.... we'll see though.

ShadyMouse

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

I would have to say it is odd if I used headphone jacks. I don't use them anymore.. I went through my iPhone 6+, S6, LG G4 , and now Moto without ever plugging on in. Bluetooth became way too needed for when I am at work :).

I feel the same way. I would feel awkward now with wires dangling from my ears lol. I have the Sony MDRZX770BN/B, I've been using them with Viper4Android since the OPO and they are great.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

Definitely true. I already rooted mine lol. Warranty still says 2016 for now.... we'll see though.

Pretty sure Moto has said in their support forums that they will still cover mechanical issues (overheating, battery or screen going out, etc) if you root or unlock the bootloader but if you borked the software due to your tinkering or if was just a software issue in general then there was no warranty coverage for that.

BoneDigger

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I am starting to see maybe a few issues with touch operation while typing and when trying to place a cursor in text. Not sure about this yet. It could be the phone or it could be the app or the forum.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

I cant think of anything I don't like about it. Hmmm maybe if it came with a pre- installed tempered glass protector.But everyone doesn't like those. Oh well I tried to find something not to like. ;)

I'm pretty much at that point too. At first I didn't care for the grayish appearance of the whole screen "lighting up" with Moto Display notifications at night, especially when compared to the 2014 Moto X, but you know what? It's actually easier on my eyes at night, and now I've gotten to where I like it. I don't have any overheating issues (use GSam to monitor), and after a week of owning it, battery life has been great for my needs. I get through the day easily. I'm getting close to 4 hours screen time, which is plenty for me. It's important to note I'm what I would consider a moderate user and I have a terrific signal both at home and at work. The speakers are so much better than the 2014 Moto X, which was a nice surprise but most importantly, and I can't emphasize this enough - the camera is much better than that on my 2014 Moto X. I'm able to take decent photos without having to take multiple shots. I thought the bigger size and heavier weight would be an issue, but I can still fit it in my pocket (just barely), and it feels great in the hand. In short, for me, it's the best Moto X yet. Now if I could just get Amazon to speed up delivery of that Cimo back cover and the screen protector I ordered.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

I'm pretty much at that point too. At first I didn't care for the grayish appearance of the whole screen "lighting up" with Moto Display notifications at night, especially when compared to the 2014 Moto X, but you know what? It's actually easier on my eyes at night, and now I've gotten to where I like it. I don't have any overheating issues (use GSam to monitor), and after a week of owning it, battery life has been great for my needs. I get through the day easily. I'm getting close to 4 hours screen time, which is plenty for me. It's important to note I'm what I would consider a moderate user and I have a terrific signal both at home and at work. The speakers are so much better than the 2014 Moto X, which was a nice surprise but most importantly, and I can't emphasize this enough - the camera is much better than that on my 2014 Moto X. I'm able to take decent photos without having to take multiple shots. I thought the bigger size and heavier weight would be an issue, but I can still fit it in my pocket (just barely), and it feels great in the hand. In short, for me, it's the best Moto X yet. Now if I could just get Amazon to speed up delivery of that Cimo back cover and the screen protector I ordered.

Right, but the thread is what do you NOT like.....

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

OK if I must say what I don't like .That would be I wish it had wireless charging would been a bonus thing. But that only didn't stop me from loving my MXPE :D haha

From my Moto X PE

GooGler8

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site

The yellow, warm temperature of the screen. Makes all white colors look yellowed and old.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

Fair enough. Okay - what I don't like is the lack of accessories. There never were many accessories for the first two versions of this phone so I don't expect there to be more available for this one. It's really kind of sad that of the three covers/cases I ordered for it, the only one that has actually been delivered is the one that is for a Note 4. Everything's on backorder it seems. Dang.

Pinkmonkey78

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site

No real issue with my phone. Honestly, just hope they fine tune the adaptive brightness so that it doesn't react to every minor change in brightness.

Posted via the Android Central App

I agree this is really the only thing that bothers me so far Samsung had it down pretty good.

Aridon

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

Pretty sure Moto has said in their support forums that they will still cover mechanical issues (overheating, battery or screen going out, etc) if you root or unlock the bootloader but if you borked the software due to your tinkering or if was just a software issue in general then there was no warranty coverage for that.

They dont' have a choice its federal law.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair