11-07-2016 05:38 AM
619 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    I do not like the fact that the bluetooth has to re-pair with my car every time i get in or out of it instead of just connecting after pairing the initial time. I have read of others having trouble with the bluetooth on this phone also.......
    Odd. I'm having no issues with my H17 headset, Motorola Buds, in-car Bluetooth, Motorola Powerpack Micro, and Moto 360.
    Ryaan Johnson likes this.
    10-08-2015 06:04 PM
    I do not like the fact that the bluetooth has to re-pair with my car every time i get in or out of it instead of just connecting after pairing the initial time. I have read of others having trouble with the bluetooth on this phone also.......
    Mine pairs automatically to my Subaru Bluetooth and my Moto Hint. No problems.
    10-08-2015 06:43 PM
    No problem with my Bluetooth either.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-08-2015 06:53 PM
    No problems here, either. Do you have the Gas Buddy app installed? I was having the same Bluetooth problem with my 2014 X and several people on that forum reported Gas Buddy as the culprit. I never got a chance to test my '14 X without the app installed since I moved on to the Pure, but it's worth a shot.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    10-08-2015 07:17 PM
    I have the Moto X 2014. I love the size of the phone. Am still wavering about the 2015 because there is no finger print sensor as a new add on. Android 6.0 uses the finger print sensor. Other than what I mentioned Motorola is great.

10-09-2015 01:27 AM
    As for the Bluetooth issues (above) mine doesn't have issues. When I get to work I turn on bluetooth and then my BT headset -- it always connects within a few seconds.
    10-09-2015 01:04 PM
    Odd. I'm having no issues with my H17 headset, Motorola Buds, in-car Bluetooth, Motorola Powerpack Micro, and Moto 360.
    Can report No problems with my Bluetooth connection and the sync in my work van, the blue tooth in NY cadilliac, or Samsung gear circle connection or going back in forth between them all

10-09-2015 02:01 PM
    Out of box the 64gb Note 5 has 52GB vs 48GB on the Pure. You would expect the opposite if anything.
    Mine had 53.. Why did yours have 48?

Attached Thumbnails What do you NOT like about YOUR Moto X Pure Edition?-6082.jpg  
    10-09-2015 02:08 PM
    Mine had 53.. Why did yours have 48?

I believe he meant available space.
    10-09-2015 03:00 PM
    I believe he meant available space.
    This.
    10-09-2015 04:24 PM
    Ok, so an update to my previous reply about scrolling lag. I found using Textra flies compared to using Google Messenger. So I guess there's something going on with the Google Messenger app. I do have an issue with scrolling through call history in the stock dialer though. It's weird because scrolling through Contacts in the same app is fast and smooth whereas call history is janky. I can live with it but find it odd.

Otherwise, performance is pretty snappy.
    10-09-2015 10:48 PM
    I know there's been a lot of talk about annoyance of no notification LED, but this morning I was reminded that there's also no charging / full LED while its plugged in.

Something so simple that's missing. Annoying to have to walk over and unlock it to check whether it's fully charged.
    10-11-2015 08:40 AM
    I know there's been a lot of talk about annoyance of no notification LED, but this morning I was reminded that there's also no charging / full LED while its plugged in.

Something so simple that's missing. Annoying to have to walk over and unlock it to check whether it's fully charged.
    More the odd since the device has an LED.
    10-11-2015 11:47 AM
    Motorola dimple in the rear is placed to low on phone for comfortable use using one hand

10-11-2015 11:50 AM
    Just chiming in to say thanks for having this thread. I didn't read it all, but it's been very helpful. May be a good idea to have more of these?

It's too easy to be caught up in all the wow factors, but there is no one perfect phone. For example, one phone could have a better display and another a better camera. So now you're deciding which you'd prefer even though both function quite well on both phones.

I had my options narrowed down to a few phones, so started looking for reasons NOT to buy one over the other. It sounds counterintuitive at first, until you read something like this thread. In my case, I would prefer a traditional LED for notifications and charging, and (coming from an M8 ) I'm in love with the ability to double tap the screen wake up and the IR blaster. Especially when using the blaster with the Peel remote app so I get channel listings and not just a basic remote only app.

I was starting to lean towards the MXPE until I saw this thread and realized what I'd be giving up. Don't know if that was the intended purpose of the thread, but it has been useful to me nonetheless. :beer:
    bimbert84 and kj11 like this.
    10-11-2015 12:39 PM
    Not only do I have to pair every time I start my car, it only stays paired for about 3 or 4 minutes and then drops. I have not had this problem and still do not have this problem with my Nexus 6 or Moto pure 2014. Hope this gets addressed with this soak test.....
    10-11-2015 08:16 PM
    Oh man, what can I say. I just sold my 2nd gen and was going to ordered the new pure. I purchased a nexus 6 to just give it a shot. ( heard great things, price dropped and same manufacturer) I'm definitely missing out on my Motorola assist, active display, shake to camera and chop to flashlight. I do however love the display and the ois involved with the camera (it really makes the difference). What's the con here you ask? This phone is big. (Maybe it's just because I've never owned anything bigger than the 2nd gen moto x)

Lately I've been reading a lot of short comings of the moto x pure and its almost making me reconsider purchasing at this point. I've been reading of many returns and people claiming they turned around to purchase a one plus two or preordered the 6p. I'm having a hard time believing Motorola didn't improve on the second generation. I just don't know anymore.

10-11-2015 08:51 PM

Still have to walk over to the phone, but one doesn't need to unlock to see if its charged, just press the power button, it will either say "charged" at bottom of screen or how long left till it is charged.....
    10-12-2015 04:38 AM
    Still have to walk over to the phone, but one doesn't need to unlock to see if its charged, just press the power button, it will either say "charged" at bottom of screen or how long left till it is charged.....
    What you describe is virtually no different than picking it up and unlocking it (via active display). Same amount of steps. I don't think there's any other phone on the market today that doesn't visually signify to the user that it's charging (red LED) versus fully charged (green LED).
    10-12-2015 07:45 AM
    Oh man, what can I say. I just sold my 2nd gen and was going to ordered the new pure. I purchased a nexus 6 to just give it a shot. ( heard great things, price dropped and same manufacturer) I'm definitely missing out on my Motorola assist, active display, shake to camera and chop to flashlight. I do however love the display and the ois involved with the camera (it really makes the difference). What's the con here you ask? This phone is big. (Maybe it's just because I've never owned anything bigger than the 2nd gen moto x)

Lately I've been reading a lot of short comings of the moto x pure and its almost making me reconsider purchasing at this point. I've been reading of many returns and people claiming they turned around to purchase a one plus two or preordered the 6p. I'm having a hard time believing Motorola didn't improve on the second generation. I just don't know anymore.

Remember that you are reading about a relatively small group of unhappy users compared to many, many more who are very happy with the Pure...myself included. You just don't hear too much from happy people! Best phone I have ever had.. for me!
    Also, many who did get a lemon (ALL cell phones have lemons) were very happy with their replacements. So the actual number of unhappy users is smaller than it appears at first glance. YMMV
    Rocketsaucev2 likes this.
    10-12-2015 01:49 PM
    I like your point of view. Just like buying a car I suppose.

10-12-2015 01:59 PM
    IMO the MXPE just needs better GPU management. As long as you don't use apps that try to calculate graphics at 1440p with the GPU, all is good.
    10-12-2015 07:14 PM
    Overall I like it.
    Couple of minor things since this is a don't like thread:

The balance is off, I find the phone far too top heavy for a device this size and the dimple could be bigger to help like it was on the 2014 X.

The phone also feels more bulky than expected. Not as thin at the edges as I hoped. I bought itbin a shop and needed it in a hurry as I'd sold my previous so didn't check it out thoroughly...
    10-13-2015 04:14 AM
    I love this phone, especially for the price.

I do wish it had an multi colour LED for notifications (I rarely use sounds) ...OR... that the Moto Display thing was brighter. It's so dim when it flashes up you can hardly see it (especially in bright rooms/outside). It's a shame they aren't still using AMOLED screens.

I can't seem to find any simple way to turn off the vibrations for notifications. The way I used to have it on my old Galaxy S3 was outdoors - audio and vibration. Indoors - just audio. Night time - nothing (and LED off). Here it just seems to be audio & vibe, or vibe only. No simple 'all vibration off' switch. It seems I have to go into individual apps to turn it off, and even then it seems hit and miss. Anybody had any experiences with this?

Also... I find that when I'm scrolling through facebook, my feed or some long comments, or a web page perhaps... if I'm scrolling quickly it works fine, but if I'm scrolling slowly as I'm reading... I'd say one time in 5 or 10 (it changes) the phone doesn't recognise my touch/scroll.. and I have to re do it to make it move. Anybody had this?

Otherwise.. I'm loving this so far. Battery is fine for me. (I was worried about that)

EDIT: Just remembered one more thing lol. There is an audible pop/crackle before and after notification sounds. And sometimes they play far too quiet. Like they're rising in volume but don't work unless the speaker is 'turned on' or something. Second ones that come in or that I test are fine. If it's been off a while? Can't hear them. It's weird.
    10-13-2015 08:17 AM
    I love this phone, especially for the price.

I do wish it had an multi colour LED for notifications (I rarely use sounds) ...OR... that the Moto Display thing was brighter. It's so dim when it flashes up you can hardly see it (especially in bright rooms/outside). It's a shame they aren't still using AMOLED screens.

I can't seem to find any simple way to turn off the vibrations for notifications. The way I used to have it on my old Galaxy S3 was outdoors - audio and vibration. Indoors - just audio. Night time - nothing (and LED off). Here it just seems to be audio & vibe, or vibe only. No simple 'all vibration off' switch. It seems I have to go into individual apps to turn it off, and even then it seems hit and miss. Anybody had any experiences with this?

Also... I find that when I'm scrolling through facebook, my feed or some long comments, or a web page perhaps... if I'm scrolling quickly it works fine, but if I'm scrolling slowly as I'm reading... I'd say one time in 5 or 10 (it changes) the phone doesn't recognise my touch/scroll.. and I have to re do it to make it move. Anybody had this?

Otherwise.. I'm loving this so far. Battery is fine for me. (I was worried about that)

EDIT: Just remembered one more thing lol. There is an audible pop/crackle before and after notification sounds. And sometimes they play far too quiet. Like they're rising in volume but don't work unless the speaker is 'turned on' or something. Second ones that come in or that I test are fine. If it's been off a while? Can't hear them. It's weird.
    The popping sound is supposed to be fixed in an upcoming update according to the Moto Support forum.
    berny26 and DarrenCarnall like this.
    10-13-2015 10:18 AM
619 ... 1516171819 ...