11-07-2016 05:38 AM
619 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Camera is just so-so. Exactly the one I had on droid Turbo, but with no shatter lag.
    I went to Moto from LG G4, so I miss a good shots, especially on low light conditions.
    Then, the interface is a little bit laggy sometimes. Instagram, Phone, Camera apps are works with lags sometimes.
    I hope Android6 will fix it.
    Anyway I really like my Moto X Pure.

PS sorry for thick russian accent =)
    10-13-2015 10:50 AM
    Try the Google Camera app (or other). I found that the Moto app didn't focus in low light areas before taking the picture. Google's app seems to work better for me obtaining better detail in lower light.
    Ryaan Johnson likes this.
    10-13-2015 11:59 AM
    I am not encountering any "lag" that does not seem typical with Android. We also have an iPad Air and iPhone and they are not smooth all the time either. Maybe if hardware had dual memory controllers to handle and manage data addresses and input/output- then we would have less lag Notice the word "less"

I am tempted to root in order to get the LED notification, but would rather not risk the warranty voided (and starting from scratch again). A simple option for me is if there was a way to only get display notifications if the device was plugged in. I do notice the hit on battery life, so leave all the Moto stuff off. Including the battery chop too, since have had that come on a few times when not intended.
    10-13-2015 01:15 PM
    I love this phone, especially for the price.

I do wish it had an multi colour LED for notifications (I rarely use sounds) ...OR... that the Moto Display thing was brighter. It's so dim when it flashes up you can hardly see it (especially in bright rooms/outside). It's a shame they aren't still using AMOLED screens.

I can't seem to find any simple way to turn off the vibrations for notifications. The way I used to have it on my old Galaxy S3 was outdoors - audio and vibration. Indoors - just audio. Night time - nothing (and LED off). Here it just seems to be audio & vibe, or vibe only. No simple 'all vibration off' switch. It seems I have to go into individual apps to turn it off, and even then it seems hit and miss. Anybody had any experiences with this?

Also... I find that when I'm scrolling through facebook, my feed or some long comments, or a web page perhaps... if I'm scrolling quickly it works fine, but if I'm scrolling slowly as I'm reading... I'd say one time in 5 or 10 (it changes) the phone doesn't recognise my touch/scroll.. and I have to re do it to make it move. Anybody had this?

Otherwise.. I'm loving this so far. Battery is fine for me. (I was worried about that)

EDIT: Just remembered one more thing lol. There is an audible pop/crackle before and after notification sounds. And sometimes they play far too quiet. Like they're rising in volume but don't work unless the speaker is 'turned on' or something. Second ones that come in or that I test are fine. If it's been off a while? Can't hear them. It's weird.
    The issue with the vibrate is how 5.0 handles sounds. They took away the all off option. I think you have to turn down the sound then hit None.
    Ry likes this.
    10-13-2015 01:19 PM
    I can't seem to find a way to block phone numbers. I previously used the "Mr Number" app to do this but when I installed it on this phone I got a popup that said Mr. Number can't answer or hangup calls in this version. Maybe I'm just missing a setting somewhere.
    10-13-2015 03:49 PM
    The number blocking question reminds me...

I was REALLY disappointed that the Moto doesn't include the same dialer functionality as the Nexus devices and particularly local search / caller id for none contacts.
    10-13-2015 04:00 PM
    after 2 weeks with it, the only thing i dislike is this is the slipperyest phone ive ever owned
    Which back do you have?
    10-13-2015 07:02 PM
    Which back do you have?
    I'm betting the silicone. So disappointed what I thought was grippy is slippery.

Posted via the Android Central App
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-13-2015 07:06 PM
    The issue with the vibrate is how 5.0 handles sounds. They took away the all off option. I think you have to turn down the sound then hit None.
    But does that turn off the sound and *then* the vibrate? I'm just after a way to turn off the vibration while still keeping all my sounds on as normal. It seems you have to go through every app individually. It's weird.
    10-14-2015 07:28 AM
    I'm betting the silicone. So disappointed what I thought was grippy is slippery.

Odd... do you hold your phone with an open palm without gripping the sides? If so, then I could see how the back of the phone would matter. Being that we humans and apes have opposable thumbs which we use to grip the sides of the phone when we use it, I think you mean to say the 'sides' are slippery. Metal sides are indeed more slippery compared to matte rubber or plastic.
    10-14-2015 08:55 AM

Reviews stated it is nice and grippy, but I find it not grippy. Not as slippery as the Note 5, but not grippy as expected either.
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-14-2015 09:17 AM
    After having mine for a while now, I am generally pretty happy. My biggest complaint is with the accuracy or sensitivity of the touch screen. It just seems harder to deal with than my Note 2. When typing something then needing to go back and fix a word, I can sit there for a while trying to get the cursor in the right place. Tap, no. Tap, no. Tap, NO! DANG IT!

Sent from a cell phone. Sorry for any typos.
    10-14-2015 10:35 AM
    I like the phone a lot but the size is getting too me a little. I don't have small hands but find one handed use impossible and the phone always seems a millimetre away from being dropped.
    10-14-2015 12:53 PM
    After having the phone for almost a week, I'm liking just about everything about it. The screen is beautiful and the size is a nice upgrade from my M8, which now seems puny. The only thing I can say that I don't like is that it's too slippery. I have the standard textured back and it's not grippy at all. I'm using the included bumper right now to make it easier to hold onto but I've dropped it already. And I'm not a phone dropper in general.

I do have to say that the purchase, activation and support experience process was horrible and frustrating and it took away from the excitement of getting a new device.
    Ry likes this.
    10-14-2015 04:43 PM
    My nitpick#2:

I think the quick/fast charge is totally over-stated by the marketing. 3 days in a row I wake up in the morning to a 60% charge. I plug it into the included fast charger and it says 30 minutes to full charge. (Sounds about right, correct?) 30 minutes later I hit the power button to check if it's fully charged, and it's at 93% and says 10 minutes to full charge. I check it again 15 minutes later and it's at 97% and it says it has 4 minutes to full charge. 5 minutes later I'm leaving to work, check it before unplugging it and it's at 99% and says 3 minutes to full charge.

Basically, what it originally said was 30 minutes from 60% to 100% turned into at least 50 minutes. This pattern has happened 3 days in a row, and I know I've reset the phone within that timespan (just to clear things up). I know that turbo charging only typically occurs when the phone is below a certain point.... but still, the inaccuracy in it's estimate and the fact it takes so long to get from 60-100 irks me.

Anyone else seeing inaccurate charging estimates?
    10-15-2015 07:17 AM
    I generally only charge mine overnight so don't see the last few % charge normally. However the rate I have seen for top is is super fast and I'm really pleased with it.

Don't be surprised of the last few % to full is throttled back to protect the battery though.
    10-15-2015 07:58 AM
    My nitpick#2:

I think the quick/fast charge is totally over-stated by the marketing. 3 days in a row I wake up in the morning to a 60% charge. I plug it into the included fast charger and it says 30 minutes to full charge. (Sounds about right, correct?) 30 minutes later I hit the power button to check if it's fully charged, and it's at 93% and says 10 minutes to full charge. I check it again 15 minutes later and it's at 97% and it says it has 4 minutes to full charge. 5 minutes later I'm leaving to work, check it before unplugging it and it's at 99% and says 3 minutes to full charge.

Basically, what it originally said was 30 minutes from 60% to 100% turned into at least 50 minutes. This pattern has happened 3 days in a row, and I know I've reset the phone within that timespan (just to clear things up). I know that turbo charging only typically occurs when the phone is below a certain point.... but still, the inaccuracy in it's estimate and the fact it takes so long to get from 60-100 irks me.

Anyone else seeing inaccurate charging estimates?
    Quick-Charge really kicks into gear when the battery is at a lower % to help you juice up faster. The higher the % gets the more it slows down. It does this with all QC enabled devices (not just Moto).

Try charging from 20-30% for 30 mins .. You will see a huge jump compared to what you see from 60%+. Sadly that is just how it goes. I will say I do see the inaccurate the more it gets near 100% but I assume it is due to the above -- it slows down.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-15-2015 10:21 AM
    The balance is off, I find the phone far too top heavy for a device this size and the dimple could be bigger to help like it was on the 2014 X.
    I had decided i could live with the small dimple if it was positioned properly...zero balance.
    10-15-2015 10:24 AM
    Quick-Charge really kicks into gear when the battery is at a lower % to help you juice up faster. The higher the % gets the more it slows down. It does this with all QC enabled devices (not just Moto).

Try charging from 20-30% for 30 mins .. You will see a huge jump compared to what you see from 60%+. Sadly that is just how it goes. I will say I do see the inaccurate the more it gets near 100% but I assume it is due to the above -- it slows down.
    I suppose it depends on what your charging habits are. I don't plug it in at night to have it sit on the charger for so many hours after it's fully charged. I like waking up in the morning and topping off to 100% before going to work and not worrying about it until the I get home (if I've used it alot), or the next morning (if I've used it only sparingly, and it's around 60%). Once again... this isn't the end of the world... just a nitpick.

I'm hoping that the Power Delivery 2.0 standards for USB-C will accommodate my charging habits more than Qualcomm 2.0 does as I have a Nexus 6p to play with in a couple of weeks.
    10-15-2015 10:41 AM
    I suppose it depends on what your charging habits are. I don't plug it in at night to have it sit on the charger for so many hours after it's fully charged. I like waking up in the morning and topping off to 100% before going to work and not worrying about it until the I get home (if I've used it alot), or the next morning (if I've used it only sparingly, and it's around 60%). Once again... this isn't the end of the world... just a nitpick.
    I am about the same. I charge at night when I get home so I can go to bed with it at 90%+. I charge once I get to work to top it off .. then maybe charge it once (or twice) at work (I abuse the crap out of it .. 90% brightness .. tons of LTE haha). I don't like to keep it on the charger overnight either. Not that I am worried about it hurting anything more the fact that it would be hard for me to plug in for my situation at night (I let the gf have the easy access to power overnight for her phone).
    10-15-2015 11:05 AM

This. The charger goes into ludicrous speed the first two thirds and then slows down. It is an effort to avoid an accelerated decline in long term capacitance of the battery.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-15-2015 01:28 PM
    Only been using mine a few days now. I love it so far except for Moto Voice! Really looking forward to using this feature but It is constantly waking up and waiting for me to say something or it starts to search for something. I have a distinct and different wake up command so I don't understand why it keeps waking up? Anyone else?
    10-15-2015 02:38 PM
    Only been using mine a few days now. I love it so far except for Moto Voice! Really looking forward to using this feature but It is constantly waking up and waiting for me to say something or it starts to search for something. I have a distinct and different wake up command so I don't understand why it keeps waking up? Anyone else?
    Maestreaux, I had the same issue for the first few days. Someone here on the forum advised to change the launch phrase as it's a common problem, even though mine was obscure. Since then I've had far fewer wakeups.
    10-15-2015 02:41 PM
    I'd sure like to use the Redbox app :/

10-15-2015 02:57 PM
    I'd sure like to use the Redbox app :/

Isn't that a QHD issue?
    10-15-2015 03:01 PM
619 ... 1617181920 ...