11-07-2016 04:38 AM
619 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    I usually plug mine in at bedtime. Being a 43 year old male, I unfortunately have to make a couple of bathroom runs during the night and unplug it then so it's not on the charger all night.
    10-15-2015 02:08 PM
    Isn't that a QHD issue?
    Yup

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-15-2015 04:20 PM
    "Ok, Google Now" feature definitely not as sensitive as it was on my Moto X 2013. I'd say it doesn't work for me 80% of the time on the Pure. This is very frustrating as it was one of my favorite features of the Moto X.
    10-15-2015 10:46 PM
    Odd... do you hold your phone with an open palm without gripping the sides? If so, then I could see how the back of the phone would matter. Being that we humans and apes have opposable thumbs which we use to grip the sides of the phone when we use it, I think you mean to say the 'sides' are slippery.
    I'm asking about the back. With a phone that big it's impossible to grip the sides and still reach the entire screen with your thumb, so it becomes necessary to slide your fingers underneath to go for the long reach.
    10-17-2015 08:42 PM
    I'd sure like to use the Redbox app :/

Man, me too...

10-18-2015 07:23 AM
    I like the phone a lot but the size is getting too me a little. I don't have small hands but find one handed use impossible and the phone always seems a millimetre away from being dropped.
    This.
    10-18-2015 02:52 PM
    Just wait until you are 60. It gets ridiculous. It's like I don't go during the day but burn a trail to the bathroom at night.
    Oh man, thought I had one on the 43 year old (kid) and now at 56 I see that it only gets worse at 60!

Yes, there are "old" people on the forums!
    10-19-2015 10:48 AM
    I'm telling you my friend, it only gets worse.
    Yes, but I'm not okay with the alternative!
    10-19-2015 01:03 PM
    I just can't get the down volume/ power press necessary for a screen capture. Especially difficult with the factory supplied bumper installed. I went through about all of screen shot apps in the store and the only one that really worked well was screen grabber 5 and even it had some short comings. I really wish they would have some options other than the two key press. I recently had a Zen2 phone which allowed you to long press the recent apps button. It worked great.
    Ryaan Johnson likes this.
    10-19-2015 01:07 PM
    It seems to get a bit hot while charging, but I'm not sure. It's my 2nd day with the phone and I'm still doing things etc, so I cannot comment.
    Quick question though about charging.
    I got from 10% to 49% in exactly 30'. Is this OK for the quick charging? I know that quick charging is faster earlier on, but I'd like to know what is considered normal.
    10-19-2015 02:22 PM
    I just can't get the down volume/ power press necessary for a screen capture. Especially difficult with the factory supplied bumper installed. I went through about all of screen shot apps in the store and the only one that really worked well was screen grabber 5 and even it had some short comings. I really wish they would have some options other than the two key press. I recently had a Zen2 phone which allowed you to long press the recent apps button. It worked great.
    I'm not having any problem with that. It's not a quick press for me. Have to hold the buttons for a couple seconds. And I'm also using the included bumper. My HTC M8 had a screen shot function in the pull down quick settings panel. Very ready to use.

Sent from my Moto X Pure Edition using Tapatalk
    Ry likes this.
    10-20-2015 04:39 PM
    Not sure if this has been talked about or not, pretty long thread. But, my Moto display action to wave my hand over the phone for it to trigger does not work as well as my previous 2013 or 2014 X's. I'm not sure if it is the display being changed, or if my sensors are acting up, but waving my hand over the phone does not always trigger the display. Anyone else have this issue?
    10-22-2015 09:34 AM
    Not sure if this has been talked about or not, pretty long thread. But, my Moto display action to wave my hand over the phone for it to trigger does not work as well as my previous 2013 or 2014 X's. I'm not sure if it is the display being changed, or if my sensors are acting up, but waving my hand over the phone does not always trigger the display. Anyone else have this issue?
    Working well for me.
    alphabets likes this.
    10-22-2015 01:47 PM
    Working well for me.
    It's working fine for me also.
    alphabets likes this.
    10-22-2015 02:27 PM
    After using mine for a month, I have decided that it is just too big. I tried to force myself to deal with it but unfortunately, it continues to bug me and is the one thing that is keeping me from fully enjoying it.

I have an LG G Flex 2 that feels great in my hand, is barely noticeable in my pocket, and has a pretty good camera, but the screen has to stay on the highest brightness setting, which makes it useless outside and it throttles and slows a bit when it gets hot. Hell, my 2013 Moto X runs as fast if not faster than the G Flex 2 most of the time.

I still have and use my 2013 Moto X and still really enjoy it but I know it won't get upgraded to Marshmallow so I may order a 2014 Moto X Pure since they are still available. I just pre-ordered an HTC One A9 because I want to check it out and see how I like it and may just swap back and forth between it and my 2013 Moto X depending on what I need.
    10-22-2015 03:48 PM
    I would prefer the screen capture option to show up on long pressing the power button for 2 seconds like on the Cyanogenmod OS I had in my old phone.

10-23-2015 04:11 AM
    Not really. But sometimes I cannot swipe up/down when tapping on the notification. It usually happens when it has just turned off and turned on again very fast.
    I don't have any problems with waving, unless again the screen just turned off.

My biggest grip with the phone is the popping sound from the speaker when playing notifications.
    Apart from that I'd like a LED (but Moto Display is really cool), the ability to sync FB contacts pictures (although that's stock Android issue) and the fact that I cannot separate ring volume and notification volume (or at least from what I've seen). However these all are minor issues and I really love the phone.
    Also, I'm not so sure about attentive display. It seems the screen first dims and then turns off.
    Am I doing something wrong with this?
    10-23-2015 05:33 AM
    After using mine for a month, I have decided that it is just too big. I tried to force myself to deal with it but unfortunately, it continues to bug me and is the one thing that is keeping me from fully enjoying it.

I have an LG G Flex 2 that feels great in my hand, is barely noticeable in my pocket, and has a pretty good camera, but the screen has to stay on the highest brightness setting, which makes it useless outside and it throttles and slows a bit when it gets hot. Hell, my 2013 Moto X runs as fast if not faster than the G Flex 2 most of the time.

I still have and use my 2013 Moto X and still really enjoy it but I know it won't get upgraded to Marshmallow so I may order a 2014 Moto X Pure since they are still available. I just pre-ordered an HTC One A9 because I want to check it out and see how I like it and may just swap back and forth between it and my 2013 Moto X depending on what I need.
    If I had a cute kitty cat as a parrot, I would rather have a device easier to use with one hand too
    captainkirkw likes this.
    10-23-2015 09:58 AM
    No mhl or display port video out.

Missing ir blaster.

SD card management is clunky since I change cards frequently.
    10-23-2015 11:19 AM
    I agree it is annoying getting not compatible for Redbox in the play store. With that I googled for the Redbox apk which latest at moment is version 5.5.0.0. I downloaded and installed and has worked with no problems.
    10-24-2015 12:15 AM
    No mhl or display port video out.

Missing ir blaster.

SD card management is clunky since I change cards frequently.
    The MXPE slot seems too fragile for too many removals. I miss the days of the easy access card slots. At least the MXPE has a slot
    10-24-2015 01:07 AM
    ...and the fact that I cannot separate ring volume and notification volume (or at least from what I've seen).
    I use an app called Volume Butler which lets me set different volumes. I came from a Samsung and had no idea that stock android was still doing locked ring and notification volumes!!!
    Loiter likes this.
    10-28-2015 06:26 AM
    The stock camera app is a hunk of junk...to me. I was trying to use it last night at my son's concert and it was a ballistic mess with a fire for effect order.

I have a huge preference to the stock camera on all of my phones, and I'd have to say that I haven't enjoyed the Moto's camera. I know it's supposed to be a huge improvement, but as this is my first Motorola it's not a good first impression for me.

Otherwise, it's a beautiful phone for the price you pay. Considering moving over to the Droid Turbo 2, but where the heck am I going to get one of those without all the Verizon junk? The Pure is the first phone I've owned that doesn't have all the carrier bloat on it, needless to say that is a huge plus.
    kj11 likes this.
    10-28-2015 08:37 AM
    Moto Voice is trash. You pretty much have to be in a closet (dead silent) in order for this feature to work. I thought last year moto x voice was bad....this year moto voice beats it. Hopefully with 6.0 there may be some improvement. Its pretty embarrassing when you are trying to show off this feature to friends and co workers and it doesnt work.
    10-28-2015 12:43 PM
    Moto Voice is trash. You pretty much have to be in a closet (dead silent) in order for this feature to work. I thought last year moto x voice was bad....this year moto voice beats it. Hopefully with 6.0 there may be some improvement. Its pretty embarrassing when you are trying to show off this feature to friends and co workers and it doesnt work.
    I have not found this to be the case with mine.
    10-28-2015 01:14 PM
619 ... 1718192021 ...