11-07-2016 04:38 AM
619 ... 2122232425
tools
    I've never had the speaker pop. At all. The speakers are one of the things I love most about this phone. My battery life has been much better since MM, so I'm very pleased with that. However, adoptable storage did not work well - apps kept force closing - so I went back to portable storage. Hoping that gets fixed with future updates.

The only thing I really don't like is that I didn't spend a little more and get 32GB. That was a dumb decision, but the phone has been great so far.

Got lucky I guess that I haven't had some of the issues others have had. I have had a "lemon" before so I know that stinks.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-15-2015 05:02 PM
    Hmmm:

1. Size: 5.0 to 5.2
    2. Amoled
    3. Higher Capacity Battery
    12-16-2015 10:45 AM
    Had the phone for a few days. Still unsure wether to keep it or swap it for a 6p. I do like some things about it but a few things niggle me...
    The screen is a real finger print smudge magnet. My previous phone (Sony Z3) Oleophobic coating was fantastic at preventing any marks. Not even sure the Moto X has any Oleophobic coating.
    I thought the Silicon back was going to be really grippy but it is actually quite slippery which is a shame, thought it would be the first phone I could use without a case.
    Lastly the camera is quite poor in low light, I read the reviews so knew what to expect but it is actually worse than I imagined.
    checksergio likes this.
    12-17-2015 11:25 AM
    Lastly the camera is quite poor in low light, I read the reviews so knew what to expect but it is actually worse than I imagined.
    By low light do you mean indoors with a few lamps on or outside at night? I take a lot of the former but hardly any of the latter.
    12-17-2015 01:17 PM
    Any low light, just can't seem to deal with it. Even photos taken indoors with a reasonable amount of light seem to come out grainy and not that sharp. Shame as colour rendition is quite good. Was looking at the pics on the Nexus 6P forum and the low light ones from that look great. I do really like the phone though and even though it has a 5.7 inch screen its not that big, my Sony z3 was only marginally smaller with a case on it.
    12-18-2015 05:44 AM
    Screen, flash on the front and I'd love to have a fingerprint scanner on the power button or on the back of the device where than weird M thing is. Otherwise, I loved the X Pure.
    01-26-2016 10:30 AM
    fingerprint scanner would've been nice especially since even some budget phones now have them.
    01-26-2016 10:43 AM
    I like Moto display and smart lock, but I dislike that it comes at an increase of pocket dials or other pocket app launches.
    01-26-2016 12:46 PM
    Fingerprint scanner is something you know going in if you've done your homework. But yeah, I'd like to have one too. That said, I chose this with the SD card over the Nexus w/ its finger scanner & have no regrets in that trade.

The things I think bother me the most are the curved back and just the overall size. Obviously, I knew the size going in, and coming from a sub-5" phone, I new it'd be an adjustment. But after a month, I think I might downsize a bit when I get around to replacing it. Regarding the curved back, it does give a nice in-hand feel, but it makes it a bit skittish when resting on a flat surface. It also makes it harder to find a good car dash mount.

On the flip side, one thing I didn't like going in, that I don't mind near as much as I expected to is the lack of actual buttons (home/back/etc). The soft buttons stay there most of the time, and for the handful of immersive apps I use, it's not nearly as annoying as I expected it to be to swipe for the buttons.
    01-26-2016 12:57 PM
    I like Moto display and smart lock, but I dislike that it comes at an increase of pocket dials or other pocket app launches.
    Hmm, I use both those and don't think I've had an errant dial or app launch yet..
    01-26-2016 12:58 PM
    Hmm, I use both those and don't think I've had an errant dial or app launch yet..
    It's because I carry the phone in my front pocket. I does the slide to unlock on its own and then from there the pocket dials or launches. I can see if you use a holster or put the phone in a backpack, purse, etc. that this would not be an issue.

I had the same problem with my Moto X 2013.
    01-26-2016 01:19 PM
    It's because I carry the phone in my front pocket. I does the slide to unlock on its own and then from there the pocket dials or launches. I can see if you use a holster or put the phone in a backpack, purse, etc. that this would not be an issue.

I've carried both the first gen Moto X and third gen Moto X Pure Edition with Moto Display enabled and have not run into pocket dials or random app launches.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-26-2016 02:32 PM
    I've carried both the first gen Moto X and third gen Moto X Pure Edition with Moto Display enabled and have not run into pocket dials or random app launches.
    That's the same situation with me. I haven't had a single pocket dial in my 2013 Moto X or on my MXPE, whether either device was in the front pocket of my pants or in the chest pocket of my winter coat. No pocket app opening either.
    01-26-2016 03:07 PM
    Front pocket user here... never had a pocket dial or phone wake
    01-27-2016 07:27 AM
    I had some pocket dials when I first got my MXPE but it was caused by lift for Moto voice, not Moto display.
    01-27-2016 08:23 AM

Yeah, I usually carry it in my back pocket, or a coat pocket, or cargo pocket on cargo shorts. Have you verified it's doing the slide unlock, and that it isn't actually voice that's the problem? Do you have a moto voice phrase that's maybe too simple?
    01-27-2016 09:20 AM
    I can't save my contacts directly to the phone, like every other Android phone with a "skin" of some sort. I do not wish to sync my contacts with my Google accounts at all. Without them directly in the phone, my contacts don't go into the car stereo over Bluetooth. If anyone knows how to do this, please point me to the techniques.
    01-27-2016 11:39 AM
    Have you verified it's doing the slide unlock, and that it isn't actually voice that's the problem? Do you have a moto voice phrase that's maybe too simple?
    I do have voice but the phrase is "go moto x", so I don't think it's that.

I'll usually, hit the power button prior to pocketing. Sometimes, active display will come up and i see the time as I'm putting away. Most of the time the thing that's coming up is a search of some kind or possibly google now. Might be worth noting that I use nova lanucher and keep a persistent search bar at the top similar to stock launcher config.
    01-27-2016 12:01 PM
    I can't save my contacts directly to the phone, like every other Android phone with a "skin" of some sort. I do not wish to sync my contacts with my Google accounts at all. Without them directly in the phone, my contacts don't go into the car stereo over Bluetooth. If anyone knows how to do this, please point me to the techniques.
    I think I found a workaround.

1. Download ”True Phone Dialer and Contacts” from the PlayStore.

2. Export contacts to VCF

3. Import (to Phone, unsynced) the VCF file.

4. Only display phone contacts in True Phone and remove unwanted contacts.

Annoying that stock Google apps don't give you that option.
    01-27-2016 12:45 PM
    I don't like never being able to put my phone down.
    01-27-2016 01:37 PM
    I agree with the poor image quality in ANY low light. Same gripe here! I'm experiencing Bluetooth connectivity issues, where my phone will not automatically connect to my paired Bluetooth devices. I turn on my headset or get in my car, and the phone will not connect to them. When I updated to Marshmallow (currently stock unrooted), it somehow started working as expected for a time. Now, it's back to the same manual intervention...
    01-28-2016 07:06 AM
    I like the phone but had to do the factory reset after the MM update as it was chronically unstable. After that it was much better until last weekend when it required three reboots on one day and the next day it froze completely and I had have Motorola send me a replacement. I hadn't added any new apps and the apps that I do have are all pretty straightforward and never gave me problems on my original Moto X.
    01-29-2016 08:39 AM
    I do have voice but the phrase is "go moto x", so I don't think it's that.

I'll usually, hit the power button prior to pocketing. Sometimes, active display will come up and i see the time as I'm putting away. Most of the time the thing that's coming up is a search of some kind or possibly google now. Might be worth noting that I use nova lanucher and keep a persistent search bar at the top similar to stock launcher config.
    This sounds exactly like the problem u fixed by turning off lift to speak.
    01-29-2016 04:26 PM
    I happened to come across on the web that N6P is on sale for 32gb at 440. Given that my experience with the Moto hasn't left me too happy, I decided to make the jump. I had been a big stickler about expandable storage but the Nexus costs almost as much as the Moto with better features. So what didn't I like about the MXPE:

- Battery life: While I had been forewarned in the reviews that the battery life in this phone wasn't excellent, I wasn't prepared for how bad. I had Exchange email that I checked maybe three times an hour, 50% brightness (and for those that say keep it at less- what is the point of all these fancy screens when you can't enjoy them), 30 mins of music bluetooth play on the drive to/from work, regular SMS activity and the device would be at less that 10% when I got home

- Screen: maybe I am being too picky here but this screen is just a fingerprint magnet! I had to use a lens cloth every now and then to clean it

Minus those two complains above, the phone is nicely designed and I gotta say, were it not for the N6P price cut, I would stick with it.
    01-30-2016 12:29 PM
    Cool. Which SD card are you gonna be putting in it?
    dazzer87, kodos and turbo93 like this.
    01-30-2016 12:34 PM
619 ... 2122232425