What do you NOT like about YOUR Moto X Pure Edition?

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: What do you NOT like about the Moto X Pure Edition?

I generally only charge mine overnight so don't see the last few % charge normally. However the rate I have seen for top is is super fast and I'm really pleased with it.

Don't be surprised of the last few % to full is throttled back to protect the battery though.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

My nitpick#2:

I think the quick/fast charge is totally over-stated by the marketing. 3 days in a row I wake up in the morning to a 60% charge. I plug it into the included fast charger and it says 30 minutes to full charge. (Sounds about right, correct?) 30 minutes later I hit the power button to check if it's fully charged, and it's at 93% and says 10 minutes to full charge. I check it again 15 minutes later and it's at 97% and it says it has 4 minutes to full charge. 5 minutes later I'm leaving to work, check it before unplugging it and it's at 99% and says 3 minutes to full charge.

Basically, what it originally said was 30 minutes from 60% to 100% turned into at least 50 minutes. This pattern has happened 3 days in a row, and I know I've reset the phone within that timespan (just to clear things up). I know that turbo charging only typically occurs when the phone is below a certain point.... but still, the inaccuracy in it's estimate and the fact it takes so long to get from 60-100 irks me.

Anyone else seeing inaccurate charging estimates?

Quick-Charge really kicks into gear when the battery is at a lower % to help you juice up faster. The higher the % gets the more it slows down. It does this with all QC enabled devices (not just Moto).

Try charging from 20-30% for 30 mins .. You will see a huge jump compared to what you see from 60%+. Sadly that is just how it goes. I will say I do see the inaccurate the more it gets near 100% but I assume it is due to the above -- it slows down.

65fastback

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site

The balance is off, I find the phone far too top heavy for a device this size and the dimple could be bigger to help like it was on the 2014 X.

I had decided i could live with the small dimple if it was positioned properly...zero balance.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Quick-Charge really kicks into gear when the battery is at a lower % to help you juice up faster. The higher the % gets the more it slows down. It does this with all QC enabled devices (not just Moto).

Try charging from 20-30% for 30 mins .. You will see a huge jump compared to what you see from 60%+. Sadly that is just how it goes. I will say I do see the inaccurate the more it gets near 100% but I assume it is due to the above -- it slows down.

I suppose it depends on what your charging habits are. I don't plug it in at night to have it sit on the charger for so many hours after it's fully charged. I like waking up in the morning and topping off to 100% before going to work and not worrying about it until the I get home (if I've used it alot), or the next morning (if I've used it only sparingly, and it's around 60%). Once again... this isn't the end of the world... just a nitpick.

I'm hoping that the Power Delivery 2.0 standards for USB-C will accommodate my charging habits more than Qualcomm 2.0 does as I have a Nexus 6p to play with in a couple of weeks.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I suppose it depends on what your charging habits are. I don't plug it in at night to have it sit on the charger for so many hours after it's fully charged. I like waking up in the morning and topping off to 100% before going to work and not worrying about it until the I get home (if I've used it alot), or the next morning (if I've used it only sparingly, and it's around 60%). Once again... this isn't the end of the world... just a nitpick.

I am about the same. I charge at night when I get home so I can go to bed with it at 90%+. I charge once I get to work to top it off .. then maybe charge it once (or twice) at work (I abuse the crap out of it .. 90% brightness .. tons of LTE haha). I don't like to keep it on the charger overnight either. Not that I am worried about it hurting anything more the fact that it would be hard for me to plug in for my situation at night (I let the gf have the easy access to power overnight for her phone).

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

This. The charger goes into ludicrous speed the first two thirds and then slows down. It is an effort to avoid an accelerated decline in long term capacitance of the battery.

maestreaux

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site

Only been using mine a few days now. I love it so far except for Moto Voice! Really looking forward to using this feature but It is constantly waking up and waiting for me to say something or it starts to search for something. I have a distinct and different wake up command so I don't understand why it keeps waking up? Anyone else?

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Only been using mine a few days now. I love it so far except for Moto Voice! Really looking forward to using this feature but It is constantly waking up and waiting for me to say something or it starts to search for something. I have a distinct and different wake up command so I don't understand why it keeps waking up? Anyone else?

Maestreaux, I had the same issue for the first few days. Someone here on the forum advised to change the launch phrase as it's a common problem, even though mine was obscure. Since then I've had far fewer wakeups.

MTeator

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

I'd sure like to use the Redbox app :/

Posted via the Android Central App

funkeruski

May 23, 2011
Visit site

I usually plug mine in at bedtime. Being a 43 year old male, I unfortunately have to make a couple of bathroom runs during the night and unplug it then so it's not on the charger all night.

manhattan123

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

"Ok, Google Now" feature definitely not as sensitive as it was on my Moto X 2013. I'd say it doesn't work for me 80% of the time on the Pure. This is very frustrating as it was one of my favorite features of the Moto X.

bimbert84

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Odd... do you hold your phone with an open palm without gripping the sides? If so, then I could see how the back of the phone would matter. Being that we humans and apes have opposable thumbs which we use to grip the sides of the phone when we use it, I think you mean to say the 'sides' are slippery.
I'm asking about the back. With a phone that big it's impossible to grip the sides and still reach the entire screen with your thumb, so it becomes necessary to slide your fingers underneath to go for the long reach.

cdubb1

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site

I like the phone a lot but the size is getting too me a little. I don't have small hands but find one handed use impossible and the phone always seems a millimetre away from being dropped.

This.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

Just wait until you are 60. It gets ridiculous. It's like I don't go during the day but burn a trail to the bathroom at night. :(

Oh man, thought I had one on the 43 year old (kid) and now at 56 I see that it only gets worse at 60! :( :'(

Yes, there are "old" people on the forums! :eek:

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site

I just can't get the down volume/ power press necessary for a screen capture. Especially difficult with the factory supplied bumper installed. I went through about all of screen shot apps in the store and the only one that really worked well was screen grabber 5 and even it had some short comings. I really wish they would have some options other than the two key press. I recently had a Zen2 phone which allowed you to long press the recent apps button. It worked great.

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

It seems to get a bit hot while charging, but I'm not sure. It's my 2nd day with the phone and I'm still doing things etc, so I cannot comment.
Quick question though about charging.
I got from 10% to 49% in exactly 30'. Is this OK for the quick charging? I know that quick charging is faster earlier on, but I'd like to know what is considered normal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance