11-07-2016 05:38 AM
619 ... 22232425
tools
    Cool. Which SD card are you gonna be putting in it?
    Haha, I see what you did there..but I did think it through.....expandable storage or fingerprint sensor. I don't take selfies or all media obsessed like the majority of smartphone users I see so my SD card is hardly ever needed anyway. My phone is for business and battery life and ease of use takes precedence over everything else. I understand everyone has their own approaches though, I was just voicing what I didn't like about the phone.
    01-30-2016 02:17 PM
    I compared both in hand for a week. Loved both, but the Mxp won me over. The finger print sensor so loved by many I found to be more annoying. Use my phones laying flat a lot anyway. The other thing and this is maybe just me, but on calls of more than a few minutes it was uncomfortable to hold. It's also slightly bigger. One other thing is the speakers on the moto have a better sound, richer. Either way, their both pretty sweet. Whichever works best for you. Goodluck with it and enjoy.
    Laura Knotek and kodos like this.
    01-30-2016 05:05 PM
    If I didn't love my MXPE so much, the 6P would definitely be my first choice. I'm fortunate to have great battery life with mine and I do make use of the SD card to store my music and photos. I have a 10-year-old car so don't have the luxury of bluetooth so those great MXPE speakers are much appreciated. But the 6P is a solid phone for sure.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-30-2016 10:38 PM
    - Screen: maybe I am being too picky here but this screen is just a fingerprint magnet! I had to use a lens cloth every now and then to clean it
    That's interesting, since I've had the exact opposite experience. Due to the water repellent treatment, the MXPE is the only phone I've owned so far that isn't a fingerprint magnet. I need to clean the screen much less than I have on my previous devices.
    cbreze, kodos, Ry and 1 others like this.
    01-31-2016 12:19 AM
    I don't have the fingerprint problem either. My MXP's screen doesn't seem to smudge that easily. I've had others that were much worse.
    Laura Knotek, kodos and Ry like this.
    01-31-2016 02:28 AM
    That's so weird. My XPE takes nice low light pictures. I never understood the reviews about the camera. I think my XPE takes better photos than my husbands iPhone 5s and better than my previous phone, galaxy s5.
    The camera app isn't great though.

The battery life is my biggest gripe with this phone. It's around 3.5 hrs sot for me.

kodos likes this.
    01-31-2016 05:06 PM
    That's interesting, since I've had the exact opposite experience. Due to the water repellent treatment, the MXPE is the only phone I've owned so far that isn't a fingerprint magnet. I need to clean the screen much less than I have on my previous devices.
    I don't have the fingerprint problem either. My MXP's screen doesn't seem to smudge that easily. I've had others that were much worse.
    This has been my experience as well.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-31-2016 07:17 PM
    I feel like the MXPE screen is middle of the road when it comes to fingerprints. I've had better but I've also had much worse.
    01-31-2016 09:48 PM
    I stream Spotify and play over Bluetooth everyday on my commute which is an hour round trip. The mxpe's battery life is barely hit. Just a few percent gets drained.

01-31-2016 10:30 PM
    The camera app is brutal if you don't know much about proper photography. You have to keep yourself from stabbing at the screen and getting blurry pics. There's no delay to dampen out any vibration from tapping or something. I have to be very still.

The only negative so far has been battery life. I haven't been to work since I've gotten it but it certainly drains quicker than my Note 5. Of course I enjoy it more than my Note 5, so I'm using it more too

Posted via the Android Central App on my Moto X Pure Edition
    02-01-2016 12:29 AM
    - Screen: maybe I am being too picky here but this screen is just a fingerprint magnet! I had to use a lens cloth every now and then to clean it
    Like the others, it's the cleanest screen I've ever had. About a week after I got it I realized that I hadn't yet wiped the screen. Just putting it in and taking it out of my pocket seems to keep it spotlessly clean and it's still clean after a month and a half.
    02-01-2016 12:24 PM
    I just bought a Moto G 2015 16gb for my younger daughter (older has a 2015 X like me). I thought I would hate the size of the X vs the G but the G is merely a regular phone now . Once you get hooked to the screen... I'm now trying to get a Moto Nexus 6 for the wife. Ironically the Nexus 6 isn't all that larger than the X.

Good stuff....
    02-01-2016 09:58 PM
    I just bought a Moto G 2015 16gb for my younger daughter (older has a 2015 X like me). I thought I would hate the size of the X vs the G but the G is merely a regular phone now . Once you get hooked to the screen... I'm now trying to get a Moto Nexus 6 for the wife. Ironically the Nexus 6 isn't all that larger than the X.

Good stuff....
    Not much but to me it's just enough to make it too large. Love that I can comfortably one hand this moto x
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-01-2016 10:26 PM
    The camera app is brutal if you don't know much about proper photography. You have to keep yourself from stabbing at the screen and getting blurry pics. There's no delay to dampen out any vibration from tapping or something. I have to be very still.

The only negative so far has been battery life. I haven't been to work since I've gotten it but it certainly drains quicker than my Note 5. Of course I enjoy it more than my Note 5, so I'm using it more too

Posted via the Android Central App on my Moto X Pure Edition
    Use the volume down button to take photos, takes care of the blurry pics, at least it did for me.
    02-02-2016 08:47 PM
    Use the volume down button to take photos, takes care of the blurry pics, at least it did for me.
    I like that there's a hard-button option, but I feel like I move more trying to push the vol button than tapping the screen. Of course, the case I have makes the buttons take a little more pressure than normal, so it may just be that.
    02-03-2016 01:32 PM
    moto can do better

02-06-2016 02:46 AM
    moto can do better

What specifically would you like to see that is better?
    turbo93 likes this.
    02-06-2016 02:54 AM
    How is call quality? And how well does Motorola handle multiple email accounts? Does this device have a LED for notifications?

Posted via Android Central App
    chezm likes this.
    02-06-2016 10:04 AM
    I use MyMail for 4 email accounts, no problems. Haven't noticed a notification LED blinking at me

Call quality is good, better than my old iPhone 5 on AT&T.
    02-06-2016 10:29 AM
    I'm divided between the play and style, size wise what is the Pure/Style comparable to? Note 5, 6P?

02-07-2016 09:24 AM
    Moto X Pure Edition (White, Champagne, Blue Accents, Turquoise Silicone Back, 64gb)

Cons:
    - Audio equalizer is limited to Google Play Music and Spotify (I use Pandora)
    - Battery life is pretty quick to discharge
    - Lack of OIS (I didn't realize I'd miss this feature)
    - Stutters with some web browsing

Other than those, I love this phone

02-08-2016 06:26 PM
    I'm divided between the play and style, size wise what is the Pure/Style comparable to? Note 5, 6P?

Very close in size to the note 5.

chezm likes this.
    02-08-2016 07:25 PM
    Call quality is excellent in my experience. I only use Gmail but that certainly works fine. I like the notification system...you can wave your hand over the phone to check.
    02-12-2016 02:22 PM
    The only thing that bugs me is the lag when scrolling on web browsers.

Other than that love the phone.
    02-17-2016 05:16 AM
    The only thing that bugs me is the lag when scrolling on web browsers.

Other than that love the phone.
    I've noticed that also. I'm currently using the Dolphin browser which is much quicker than Chrome but still occasionally lags.
    02-17-2016 09:40 AM
619 ... 22232425