11-07-2016 04:38 AM
619 12345 ...
tools
    returning mine, just can't take seeing the whole screen light up for Moto display in darker/dark situations. I didn't think I'd care, but once you see it, next to a Nexus 6 for example, you can't unsee it.
    I'm sorry but can you elaborate? I don't understand what the problem is with that. I thought the Moto display thing is pretty cool but if anything I'd complain its too dark and I'm on full brightness. Maybe I'm just not understanding what the issue is.
    09-15-2015 03:01 PM
    , and also there isn't a silent mode...don't know how that got left out
    When you are on the home screen, press volume up or down once and the notification bar drops down. The "None" option on the left lets you silence it for a specific amount of time or indefinitely.
    09-15-2015 04:00 PM
    Are there any UI tweaks compared to the 2014 MotoX Pure w/ latest stock software?

The thing I miss most using the 2014 Moto X compared to a GS6 is that I have to draw the notification shade down and then tap an icon before I can get to the quickset buttons (ie to toggle wifi, bluetooth, airplane mode, brightness slider, etc). On the GS6 I swipe down and the buttons and brightness slider are right there. That extra tap drives me crazy.

OTOH, not having active notifications and voice activated touch-less control drives me nuts on the GS6.

OTOOH, not having a fingerprint scanner is going to be a bummer on the Moto X.

Life is so hard!
    09-15-2015 04:00 PM
    Not really a knock on the phone but the bumper case feels cheap and it's hard to operate the buttons. I will continue to use it though until I can find a better one.
    radgatt likes this.
    09-15-2015 04:05 PM
    I did order mine and I did cancel my order. The new Motorola Mobility sales department it's a joke.
    They're using Magic Jack phone service seems to me. They keep saying we can't hear you.
    09-15-2015 10:44 PM
    When you are on the home screen, press volume up or down once and the notification bar drops down. The "None" option on the left lets you silence it for a specific amount of time or indefinitely.
    But "None" is different from silent. You actually don't get any notifications while it's set to None, but on silent you still get the notifications, it just doesn't make any sound. I miss silent mode so much I can't believe Google had the gall t9 take it out in lollipop.

Posted via the Android Central App
    grpweld likes this.
    09-16-2015 01:21 AM
    My two complaints are:
    1) Low earpiece volume (as compared to my G3)
    2) Don't like back button being all the way on the left (right-handed user and could change buttons around on G3)
    09-16-2015 07:32 AM
    So far my only complaint is the switch from AMOLED to LCD screen. It's just not the same. We'll see if it is a deal breaker or not.
    09-16-2015 07:33 AM
    Are there any UI tweaks compared to the 2014 MotoX Pure w/ latest stock software?

The thing I miss most using the 2014 Moto X compared to a GS6 is that I have to draw the notification shade down and then tap an icon before I can get to the quickset buttons (ie to toggle wifi, bluetooth, airplane mode, brightness slider, etc). On the GS6 I swipe down and the buttons and brightness slider are right there. That extra tap drives me crazy.

OTOH, not having active notifications and voice activated touch-less control drives me nuts on the GS6.

OTOOH, not having a fingerprint scanner is going to be a bummer on the Moto X.

Life is so hard!
    If I understand you correctly, you're saying you need to take two actions to get to the quick toggles? All you have to do is swipe down with two fingers instead of one, and it will automatically open the quick settings.
    09-16-2015 08:04 AM
    Anyone have low earpiece volume? Seems like it could be a bit louder.

diesel97 likes this.
    09-16-2015 08:08 AM
    My two complaints are:
    2) Don't like back button being all the way on the left (right-handed user and could change buttons around on G3)
    Yes...this is definitely one of the pros of the skins out there like LG's. As most of us are right-handers, it would seem intuitive that the back button be on the far right of as that seems to be used more often than the 'recents' button. Not sure why stock android wouldn't give you the option to customize the layout based on your usage.
    Ryaan Johnson likes this.
    09-16-2015 08:12 AM
    My two complaints are:
    Same audio issue with the Note 4 and is why I use Poweamp audio player. There is an amp gain feature that works great and the app integrates well with Bluetooth devices (my car as example).
    09-16-2015 09:52 AM
    If I understand you correctly, you're saying you need to take two actions to get to the quick toggles? All you have to do is swipe down with two fingers instead of one, and it will automatically open the quick settings.
    You are a gentleman (or gentlewoman) and a scholar! Point of issue is now gone!
    swieder likes this.
    09-16-2015 05:54 PM
    My two complaints are:
    Which is weird, because the earpiece is a full-fledged speaker. I can't imagine it would be hard to turn the call volume up a bit.
    09-16-2015 06:31 PM
    Just got mine and loving it so far. Coming from Note 4. I'm still installing apps and getting all set up. There's a few oddities for me that I'm sure I'll get used to (the camera app being one for sure). I'd say the biggest thing I have to get used to is no physical home button after 3 Samsung phones in a row. But I can't really complain about much yet. And trust me, if I find something to complain about I'll be back :-)
    Adjusting to this myself.. On screen buttons feel odd

09-16-2015 07:23 PM
    No notification LED. No phone should ship without one. I have an AW watch and the Bluetooth is only good for 15 feet or so. When I come back to my desk I want to see if I missed any calls, messages, or emails.

The screen sucks compared to the nexus 5. Colors are just flat and washed-out.
    mhettrich likes this.
    09-16-2015 09:08 PM
    I did not know this- no LED is LAME. They kind of got away with it with an AMOLED display, but not with LCD. That seems an egregious power waste not having LED notification when using LCD. The whole display is powered for small notification area.

You can root to get one, but up in the air if warranty is voided or not. Also a lot of folks will not bother trying to root since not one click simple. More risk.

Moto needs to enable the middle white LED for notifications in the settings as an option. Come on Moto, do the right thing for people that want notifications AND better battery life.
    09-16-2015 09:41 PM
    I bump the edges of the screen with my hand when I don't mean to much more than any other phone I've had, undoubtedly due to the size. Otherwise I'm in love!

Sent from my XT1575
    Ryaan Johnson likes this.
    09-16-2015 10:03 PM
    Adjusting to this myself.. On screen buttons feel odd

You adjust after a few days at most. I felt the same way when I had my G4 but I got used to it real quick.
    09-17-2015 01:34 AM
    No notification LED. No phone should ship without one. I have an AW watch and the Bluetooth is only good for 15 feet or so. When I come back to my desk I want to see if I missed any calls, messages, or emails.

Wow sounds like you aren't that impressed with the screen on it, I am also amazed that it doesn't have a notification LED, I really want to replace my Xperia Z3 and not pay top end money sonic thought the Style would be the phone but I am just not so sure now, I really like bigger screens and the 5.7" was so appealing I am almost tempted to look for a Nexus 6 but the price on that is still too high!
    09-17-2015 04:48 AM
    You are a gentleman (or gentlewoman) and a scholar! Point of issue is now gone!
    You couldn't have a better profile picture for that reply. Cheers!
    monofurioso likes this.
    09-17-2015 07:00 AM
    Wow sounds like you aren't that impressed with the screen on it, I am also amazed that it doesn't have a notification LED, I really want to replace my Xperia Z3 and not pay top end money sonic thought the Style would be the phone but I am just not so sure now, I really like bigger screens and the 5.7" was so appealing I am almost tempted to look for a Nexus 6 but the price on that is still too high!
    $350? Seems like a fair price to me for an N6. Have you checked Swappa lately, could find a mint one even cheaper.
    09-17-2015 07:02 AM
    $350? Seems like a fair price to me for an N6. Have you checked Swappa lately, could find a mint one even cheaper.
    That is a great price but I am in the UK and they are a lot more than that which is a shame!
    09-17-2015 07:10 AM

I agree with you about the screen. It's a big difference from previous models. The display quality on the Note 5 blows this thing out of the water. Granted that is a much more expensive phone, but the switch to LCD from AMOLED is curious indeed.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    09-17-2015 07:42 AM
    After using it for a week, I only have one gripe. I got the standard back. It's too damn slippery when you set it down. I cannot sit in on the arm of my recliner without it sliding off. I cannot sit it on my pant leg without it sliding off. I cannot sit it anywhere without it sliding off. Unless I sit it at an absolute flat plane.
    I hate like hell to put a TPU case on it just to get it to stay put.
    09-17-2015 08:48 AM
619 12345 ...