What do you NOT like about YOUR Moto X Pure Edition?

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: What do you NOT like about this phone?

Just got mine and loving it so far. Coming from Note 4. I'm still installing apps and getting all set up. There's a few oddities for me that I'm sure I'll get used to (the camera app being one for sure). I'd say the biggest thing I have to get used to is no physical home button after 3 Samsung phones in a row. But I can't really complain about much yet. And trust me, if I find something to complain about I'll be back :)

Arlizz

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

So far I certainly wish the battery was a bit bigger.
I wish the notifications manager wasn't so intertwined with the immediate screen and data/WiFi options, though I may be spoiled by the relative simplicity of 2012 phones, from which I switched directly.
Camera in low light situations is another thing.
I'm still trying to get used to the back and home buttons. I tend to dislike on-screen command buttons. Frustrating.

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

OK the first thing that's a real negative is no IR Blaster. I mean I knew it coming in, and I'd rather be missing it than some of the stuff that competing phones are missing. But of course on night one of owning this phone I found myself wishing I had the ability to turn on my TV with it. Haha

metacuate

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

No real issue with my phone. Honestly, just hope they fine tune the adaptive brightness so that it doesn't react to every minor change in brightness.

Posted via the Android Central App

Papadakis

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

returning mine, just can't take seeing the whole screen light up for Moto display in darker/dark situations. I didn't think I'd care, but once you see it, next to a Nexus 6 for example, you can't unsee it. :(

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site

returning mine, just can't take seeing the whole screen light up for Moto display in darker/dark situations. I didn't think I'd care, but once you see it, next to a Nexus 6 for example, you can't unsee it. :(

How bright do you have your screen brightness set? I'm expecting that I will be able to live with the tradeoff over my Nexus 6, since I so strongly prefer Moto Display over Stock Ambient Display.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I can understand why you would return it for that. Personally wished Motorola had gone back to AMOLED.

For me, its not an issue though. The screen is still really good for an ISP display, with relatively deep blacks and vibrant colors. Also, since is only lights up when my hands passes over it, i'm good with it.

I have a Moto 360 on my night stand for a bedside clock.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I have my brightness set at 30% and it isn't a problem at all. Have you tried turning off the Moto display? If that's your only issue, it's fixable.

cathain

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

Very glad you said this as it is my main worry with getting the phone. I think I would be the same as you and it would drive me crazy after a short while. Time to keep looking I guess

anon(71309)

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site

The dimple is in the wrong spot for me. I'd like it to be a bit lower. My finger does not rest comfortably where it is located now.

Papadakis

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

How bright do you have your screen brightness set? I'm expecting that I will be able to live with the tradeoff over my Nexus 6, since I so strongly prefer Moto Display over Stock Ambient Display.
Screen brightness in on auto and was at about 50% when the phone was on, and believe me I love Moto display, but I've gotten used to Ambient on the N6 and it's been perfectly satisfactory.

I have my brightness set at 30% and it isn't a problem at all. Have you tried turning off the Moto display? If that's your only issue, it's fixable.
I wouldn't turn off the best feature of the phone

Another note, the white text/black screen was definitely not as vibrant (quite muted actually) as the old Moto Xs/N6(ambient display)

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

Not really, but thanks anyway. (I did change that one) The one I'm talking about had the option in the About Phone setting that had a Device Name option. It's no longer there, but I don't know if that's a Moto XPE trait or a 5.1.1 trait. My Note 4 was 5.0.2 and had that option.

that option is there on 5.1.1 on my Galaxy S6. I have renamed it on this phone, so I'm sad to see it doesn't work on the Moto XPE

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Battery not any better than last year...

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm getting about 4 hours of SOT per charge. The turbo charging alone is a massive improvement in my mind. If the phone was any bigger for a bigger battery, the size would really start to become a problem. I'm more than happy with the compromise they had to make to get everything to fit in a manageable package.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

OK the first thing that's a real negative is no IR Blaster. I mean I knew it coming in, and I'd rather be missing it than some of the stuff that competing phones are missing. But of course on night one of owning this phone I found myself wishing I had the ability to turn on my TV with it. Haha

Is this why people want an IR blaster? I just download the FIOS app and control everything from the app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1