What do you NOT like about YOUR Moto X Pure Edition?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: What do you NOT like about the Moto X Pure Edition?

The Nexus 6 is the same way. It has an LED, but can only be accessed via root.

Which is kind of "okay" for the N6 (in comparison to LCD), since the oled display activates specific pixel areas instead of the entire LCD display powering dark gray to all but a small area of notifications. Motorola needs to correct this to save way unnecessary battery life use with LCD notification. Kind of nuts really IMO to not already have done this.

DaWulv

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

I just checked FB to see. Mine doesn't appear that way. Are you running the latest FB update?

Yes, it is updated Facebook isn't the only app that does this. The standard android text message program shows the dates of each text in the same text I mentioned before. Other apps have this text as well.

If yours doesn't do this there must be a way to change it?!?

65fastback

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site

saw one in the wild...dimple on the back seems far too small.

i currently have a n5 and 2014 x...and i love the moto notification display over my n5's led...part im excited about most.

YeahMon360

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Did you install a theme or new font package or anything like that, or is it all original?

diesel97

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

Yes, it is updated Facebook isn't the only app that does this. The standard android text message program shows the dates of each text in the same text I mentioned before. Other apps have this text as well.

If yours doesn't do this there must be a way to change it?!?

Go into your settings>Accessibility>High contrast text (experimental) turn it OFF , FYI that same page is were you change to black background (color inversion)

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I'm loving just about everything about the phone except for the text/font in certain areas. Take, for example, the Facebook app - some of the font is made up of letters outlined in black which are very difficult to see (see photo below, where it says "Sponsored," "oneplus.net." "615 likes 72 comments"), while the other text is just solid black (which is fine to me). I noticed that this text is also what is used for app headings and throughout the phone in general. Is there anyway to change this? Does anyone else find this text difficult to read?

View attachment 197191

I hate this too, and I haven't found a way to change it. I've tried just about everything I could think of, but nothing works. If anyone knows how to change this, PLEASE LET US KNOW!!!!

A special shoutout to DIESEL97 for the solution!!!

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Go into your settings>Accessibility>High contrast text (experimental) turn it OFF , FYI that same page is were you change to black background (color inversion)

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! It was so very annoying!

diesel97

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

I hate this too, and I haven't found a way to change it. I've tried just about everything I could think of, but nothing works. If anyone knows how to change this, PLEASE LET US KNOW!!!!

A special shoutout to DIESEL97 for the solution!!!

funny thing is i changed it and HATED it and then couldn't find the screen to change it back , took alot of digging . Why its under "Accessibility" is beyond me

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

funny thing is i changed it and HATED it and then couldn't find the screen to change it back , took alot of digging . Why its under "Accessibility" is beyond me

I did the same as you. Then couldn't remember where to go to change it back. I kept looking for something to do with "font". Didn't figure it would be in Accessibility. Thanks again! That's why I love these forums in AC.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

I do not like how BRIGHT the boot screen is. :cool:

First thing in the morning...heck anytime of the day...it seers my retinas! :confused:

312MotoGus

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: What do you NOT like about this phone?

The display gets significantly dim if you aren't looking at it straight on. The effect seems worse than my 13 X with AMOLED and my wife's iPhone 6.

The shiny silver frame is slippery I would have liked a nice matte, brushed finish instead, something a little less slick.

CharlesMP

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Taking your wayyyyy too long to ship, I ordered on Sept. 2nd, it was just shipped, and hopefully will be delivered on the 21st

Sent from my LG-D725 using Tapatalk

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I'm not in love with the camera (Could change)

Not loving the battery life either, but I'll review it positively because it's a great phone! I'm happy with it. Much to love. Much.

Posted via the Android Central App

Try Camera FV-5. Hopefully, Motorola will come out with something that will extend battery life a little more.

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site

My Google play music stream to a bluetooth speaker has cut out several times due to the activation of that Hello Moto assist app. It's like it's responding to lyrics in the song being played.

Patrick Matteson

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: What do you NOT like about this phone?

That bothered me too, on my turbo ya only see the time or notifications not the whole screen. I sent mine back as well not happy at all with battery life, maybe jumped the gun but I kinda knew after using the turbo for almost a year that I wouldn't be happy with the smaller battery on the X Pure.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Taking your wayyyyy too long to ship, I ordered on Sept. 2nd, it was just shipped, and hopefully will be delivered on the 21st

I'm in Chicago, and it only took 2 days to receive it. They ship FedEx International, and you can follow it via the tracking number.

CharlesMP

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

I'm in Chicago, and it only took 2 days to receive it. They ship FedEx International, and you can follow it via the tracking number.
I know, but it took forever for the device to be built. It was just delivered though

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I know, but it took forever for the device to be built. It was just delivered though

I suggest reading through the AC feature The Five Things...Moto X before you get started. And make sure you download the Migrate app on your old phone before you transfer apps, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781