What do you NOT like about YOUR Moto X Pure Edition?

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: What do you NOT like about the Moto X Pure Edition?

You can just swipe your hand over the phone to see notifications. Just takes a second to check, so no led light is no big deal IMO

Anthony_NE

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

Or use the new gesture to hold it to your ear and then ask it. That way it talks into the earpiece.

Right. But the post I quoted mentioned being made aware of notifications when the phone was out of reach. I do however love this new gesture.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

The easiest thing you can do if there is something about the Moto X Pure Edition that you don't like is to simply return it and get a device that better suits your needs.

Tietherope

May 19, 2010
Visit site

Not sure that's the point of this thread. Should be able to discuss likes and dislikes without being told to return the device.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Not sure that's the point of this thread. Should be able to discuss likes and dislikes without being told to return the device.

How so? If a dislike is too much for someone, best option would be to return it and not put oneself through the misery of dealing with the same issue every single day.

Tietherope

May 19, 2010
Visit site

How so? If a dislike is too much for someone, best option would be to return it and not put oneself through the misery of dealing with the same issue every single day.

Maybe I'm reading your message the wrong way, but there can be a dislike and it still be the best phone you've ever used. If someone is pissed off and saying "I hate such and such, I can't deal with it", then I agree with you.

larrytxeast

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

No notification LED. No phone should ship without one. I have an AW watch and the Bluetooth is only good for 15 feet or so. When I come back to my desk I want to see if I missed any calls, messages, or emails.

The screen sucks compared to the nexus 5. Colors are just flat and washed-out.

Download noled from madmack. This turns the main LCD into a notification LED by having a small colored dot appear (and it moves around every 1-2 seconds for "screen saving" and so you're more apt to notice it). It thus allows you to notice missed calls, texts or emails without having to "wake up" the screen. (I can't confirm whether it works for other things like Facebook messges etc.) I've been using this app since the 1st ever Galaxy S, an AT&T Captivate, back when 4" on a phone made people go "wow, that's huge," as it was my 1st post-Blackberry phone and yes I was missing the notification LED.

bimbert84

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

The easiest thing you can do if there is something about the Moto X Pure Edition that you don't like is to simply return it and get a device that better suits your needs.

I personally think it's better to do some research before you buy. Threads like these reveal ugly truths that you won't find in the manufacturer's descriptions.

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site

fwiw except for the initial notice I have not seen the screen activation notice repeat unless I wave my hand or pick up the phone. I think someone on this thread mentioned that functionality had been removed. I think the action was referred to as "breathing"

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

I personally think it's better to do some research before you buy. Threads like these reveal ugly truths that you won't find in the manufacturer's descriptions.

I totally agree with you there, and you do get some strange replies when all you are doing is research on a phone that you are really interested in, there is nothing better than talking to owners about their experience with the phone so far so you keep on asking as I am still very unsure whether to get this or not, it is the perfect size for my needs but that battery life is hard for me to get past :)

diesel97

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

fwiw except for the initial notice I have not seen the screen activation notice repeat unless I wave my hand or pick up the phone. I think someone on this thread mentioned that functionality had been removed. I think the action was referred to as "breathing"

That was me but i edited my post and it does "breath" until you wave your hand and then it stops . Best of both world's in my opion.

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site

That was me but i edited my post and it does "breath" until you wave your hand and then it stops . Best of both world's in my opion.

OK I'm going to try that test again without waving my hand or acknowledging the notice to see if I get the "breathing" action.

OK got it, so now I think I understand the function.

Last edited:

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I miss the restart option when you hit the power button. Sure you can turn it off and restart that way or hold the power button until it does.

Now I'm getting the ringtone, but no calls are present. No voice mails, no nothing. The device will ring like someone is calling and you can't silence it - it will normally ring about five or six times and stop. It happened twice yesterday and three times already today.

czaplin

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

External battery with quick charge 2.0 doesn't work properly. I switched from N6 and miss AMOLED, but MXP has brighter screen, so it's much better outside.
The problem with quick chargers is different wattage I guess. My Aukey 10400 mAh turns off after few seconds. Same is with Aukery wall charger, it's shows 'turbo charging' every few seconds. However, Anker Power Drive+ works fine in my car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol