What do you NOT like about YOUR Moto X Pure Edition?

funkeruski

May 23, 2011
Visit site
What do you NOT like about the Moto X Pure Edition?

Just received mine from Amazon last night. I'm coming from an LG G3. Here are my dislikes thus far..

1. I would like to be able to rearrange the capacitive buttons to have the back button on the right side of the phone. G3 had this option.

2. Separate volume controls are needed for the ringtone and notifications. G3 had this option. The notifications sound was too low, but if I turn up the ringer volume, then the phone ringer is too loud. Think this has something to do with the ascending ring. Found a suitable workaround with the "disable increasing ring" app, but the phone needs this functionality out of the box.

3. Phone needs a vibration intensity controller, or at least a way to change the vibration rhythm. This damn thing vibrates so hard that there is nothing discrete about it. This is huge.

4. I would also like the ability to hide the capacitive buttons in apps that I choose. The G3 has this and it's great. You just swipe up from the bottom, and the buttons appear when they are needed.

I'm sure here are more, but that's all I got right now. If anyone has any solutions or workaround to the issues I mentioned, I'm all ears.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: What do you NOT like about the Moto X Pure Edition?

Just received mine from Amazon last night. I'm coming from an LG G3. Here are my dislikes thus far..

1. I would like to be able to rearrange the capacitive buttons to have the back button on the right side of the phone. G3 had this option.

2. Separate volume controls are needed for the ringtone and notifications. G3 had this option. The notifications sound was too low, but if I turn up the ringer volume, then the phone ringer is too loud. Think this has something to do with the ascending ring. Found a suitable workaround with the "disable increasing ring" app, but the phone needs this functionality out of the box.

3. Phone needs a vibration intensity controller, or at least a way to change the vibration rhythm. This damn thing vibrates so hard that there is nothing discrete about it. This is huge.

4. I would also like the ability to hide the capacitive buttons in apps that I choose. The G3 has this and it's great. You just swipe up from the bottom, and the buttons appear when they are needed.

I'm sure here are more, but that's all I got right now. If anyone has any solutions or workaround to the issues I mentioned, I'm all ears.

LG has the best immersive mode nav bar hiding options of any company. They did other things wrong, but that and some volume setting options were done right.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

AOSP doesn't have these options. Google doesn't add them to their Nexus fork. Motorola goes for AOSP/Nexus + Moto for their fork. Thus, you won't see options like the G3 has on the Moto X Pure Edition.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

When comparing the moto x to the LG G3 I really found it to be more of a lateral move than an upgrade.

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

There is an app called fulscrn that will do this for you.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=me.dt2dev.fullscreen&token=0taKoCUB

Posted via the Android Central App

funkeruski

May 23, 2011
Visit site
What do you NOT like about the Moto X Pure Edition?

There is an app called fulscrn that will do this for you.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=me.dt2dev.fullscreen&token=CMDeSk58

Thanks. Will give it a try now. Solved a couple of issues I mentioned above with the All In One Gestures app. Being able to lock the screen with a double tap to the status bar is so much better than reaching for the power button. Can also go "back" now by swiping from the right edge instead of reaching for the poorly placed back button.

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

Thanks. Will give it a try now. Solved a couple of issues I mentioned above with the All In One Gestures app. Being able to lock the screen with a double tap to the status bar is so much better than reaching for the power button. Can also go "back" now by swiping from the right edge instead of reaching for the poorly placed back button.

I agree about locking screen with double tap which is one reason I installed Nova launcher. Tried to stay Vanilla but too many things I missed from Nova.

funkeruski

May 23, 2011
Visit site

Fulscrn app is no bueno because you can't access the keyboard with it activated.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

truenoob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

I'm coming from a 2013 Moto X (personal) and Galaxy S6 (work)

My rubber back is actually quite smooth and slippery to me. I don't feel comfortable going without a case on this. For now I'm just using the stock bumper.

The IPS display looks great, but I do prefer AMOLED. It pains me to see the entire screen light up at night when my active notifications go on. Of couse during the day I can't see this, but I know it's there and doing it. I wouldn't care so much if I was able to get a whole day on this. It's still too early for me to make a final judgement on battery, but for now I'm skeptical about getting a full day on it. I have to confess that I do play a lot of Clash, but still not getting a lot of OST (2.5 hrs). For some reason Google Play Services has been the top user of my battery. Perhaps this is related to playing Clash -- switching between multiple accounts.

The earpiece volume on max is too low. I can't hear when I'm out and about where there is a lot of external noise. This isn't a problem with my 2013 Moto X or the S5.

Camera is much improved, but the Nexus 6P camera is giving me cause to seriously consider changing to that one -- picture quality is very important to me.

I'm still getting used to the top heavy weighting on this phone.

Otherwise I really like this phone, but may switch to the Nexus 6p for AMOLED and Camera. I will miss the moto active notifications and gestures.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Fulscrn app is no bueno because you can't access the keyboard with it activated.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Better than nothing, but barely. Moto needs to go the LG route- being able to apply immersive mode to any app you choose.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

I'm coming from a 2013 Moto X (personal) and Galaxy S6 (work)

My rubber back is actually quite smooth and slippery to me. I don't feel comfortable going without a case on this. For now I'm just using the stock bumper.

The IPS display looks great, but I do prefer AMOLED. It pains me to see the entire screen light up at night when my active notifications go on. Of couse during the day I can't see this, but I know it's there and doing it. I wouldn't care so much if I was able to get a whole day on this. It's still too early for me to make a final judgement on battery, but for now I'm skeptical about getting a full day on it. I have to confess that I do play a lot of Clash, but still not getting a lot of OST (2.5 hrs). For some reason Google Play Services has been the top user of my battery. Perhaps this is related to playing Clash -- switching between multiple accounts.

The earpiece volume on max is too low. I can't hear when I'm out and about where there is a lot of external noise. This isn't a problem with my 2013 Moto X or the S5.

Camera is much improved, but the Nexus 6P camera is giving me cause to seriously consider changing to that one -- picture quality is very important to me.

I'm still getting used to the top heavy weighting on this phone.

Otherwise I really like this phone, but may switch to the Nexus 6p for AMOLED and Camera. I will miss the moto active notifications and gestures.

Really going to take the 12mp camera over the 21mp??

truenoob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

Really going to take the 12mp camera over the 21mp??

It's about quality not quantity. Megapixels is no clear indication of picture quality. The Nexus 6P has a larger sensor. That alone "should" translate into better low light shots.

Ken Korte

May 30, 2013
Visit site

I can think of several things I don't like or miss from my previous G4 and Note 4 and most of these are software related.

1- The notification shade and quick settings is huge and can't be adjusted. I'm used to being able to add or remove quick settings and having a Mute/Vibrate/Sound option up there and they only take a single line, then you scroll left and right.

2- I can't change ANYTHING on my lock screen, not even the bloody wallpaper. It constantly matches my primary wallpaper.

3- I can't display my remaining battery % in the notification area.

4- After selecting a notification, it still remains there unless I hit the "clear all" icon. Other phones, one you select a notification, it takes you to that app and the notification disappears. (I suspect this is a bug)

5- Only hardware gripe, I wish the power and volume buttons were higher up on that side, I constantly hit them accidentally. (I'll admit though, I just came from a G4, so I loved the buttons on the back design)

afoon2001

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

I can think of several things I don't like or miss from my previous G4 and Note 4 and most of these are software related.

3- I can't display my remaining battery % in the notification area.

3. I use GSAM BatteryMonitor, specifically for the % indicator in the notification area, also like the stats provided concerning battery usage.

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

My biggest issue is the pop or crackle sound associated before or after a notification. From what I read though, Moto believes it's a software issue so hopefully there is an eventual fix. There's no distortion when listening to music so I tend to believe it's software as well.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

3. I use GSAM BatteryMonitor, specifically for the % indicator in the notification area, also like the stats provided concerning battery usage.

I use GSam for this as well. Works great.

lkmel

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

My biggest issue is the pop or crackle sound associated before or after a notification. From what I read though, Moto believes it's a software issue so hopefully there is an eventual fix. There's no distortion when listening to music so I tend to believe it's software as well.

I am coming from a 2013 Moto X and this pop/crackle bothers me too. I am hoping it's software and not hardware.

Also, really miss the AMOLED screen -- the notifications popped so much more against the deep black.

Anthony_NE

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

It's about quality not quantity. Megapixels is no clear indication of picture quality. The Nexus 6P has a larger sensor. That alone "should" translate into better low light shots.

...but probably won't. Nexus devices have historically had terrible camera software and I expect the same here. Also, remember HTC's UltraPixel?

Bumskull

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site

No led, moto display, lock screen

No led makes this phone useless. The moto display needs lots of work. It works when it wants to but more often it won't ever show up. The stock lock screen is bad. Swiping half way up the screen opens the camera instead of unlocking. If I wanted the camera I'd touch the camera icon then swipe.

Other than these 3 things this phone is great maybe the best phone I've ever had but without then simple led that costs about a penny I have to return it.