What do you NOT like about YOUR Moto X Pure Edition?

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: What do you NOT like about the Moto X Pure Edition?

I just can't get the down volume/ power press necessary for a screen capture. Especially difficult with the factory supplied bumper installed. I went through about all of screen shot apps in the store and the only one that really worked well was screen grabber 5 and even it had some short comings. I really wish they would have some options other than the two key press. I recently had a Zen2 phone which allowed you to long press the recent apps button. It worked great.
I'm not having any problem with that. It's not a quick press for me. Have to hold the buttons for a couple seconds. And I'm also using the included bumper. My HTC M8 had a screen shot function in the pull down quick settings panel. Very ready to use.

Sent from my Moto X Pure Edition using Tapatalk

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site

Not sure if this has been talked about or not, pretty long thread. But, my Moto display action to wave my hand over the phone for it to trigger does not work as well as my previous 2013 or 2014 X's. I'm not sure if it is the display being changed, or if my sensors are acting up, but waving my hand over the phone does not always trigger the display. Anyone else have this issue?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Not sure if this has been talked about or not, pretty long thread. But, my Moto display action to wave my hand over the phone for it to trigger does not work as well as my previous 2013 or 2014 X's. I'm not sure if it is the display being changed, or if my sensors are acting up, but waving my hand over the phone does not always trigger the display. Anyone else have this issue?

Working well for me.

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

After using mine for a month, I have decided that it is just too big. I tried to force myself to deal with it but unfortunately, it continues to bug me and is the one thing that is keeping me from fully enjoying it.

I have an LG G Flex 2 that feels great in my hand, is barely noticeable in my pocket, and has a pretty good camera, but the screen has to stay on the highest brightness setting, which makes it useless outside and it throttles and slows a bit when it gets hot. Hell, my 2013 Moto X runs as fast if not faster than the G Flex 2 most of the time.

I still have and use my 2013 Moto X and still really enjoy it but I know it won't get upgraded to Marshmallow so I may order a 2014 Moto X Pure since they are still available. I just pre-ordered an HTC One A9 because I want to check it out and see how I like it and may just swap back and forth between it and my 2013 Moto X depending on what I need.

Hendry775

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site

I would prefer the screen capture option to show up on long pressing the power button for 2 seconds like on the Cyanogenmod OS I had in my old phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

Not really. But sometimes I cannot swipe up/down when tapping on the notification. It usually happens when it has just turned off and turned on again very fast.
I don't have any problems with waving, unless again the screen just turned off.

My biggest grip with the phone is the popping sound from the speaker when playing notifications.
Apart from that I'd like a LED (but Moto Display is really cool), the ability to sync FB contacts pictures (although that's stock Android issue) and the fact that I cannot separate ring volume and notification volume (or at least from what I've seen). However these all are minor issues and I really love the phone.
Also, I'm not so sure about attentive display. It seems the screen first dims and then turns off.
Am I doing something wrong with this?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

After using mine for a month, I have decided that it is just too big. I tried to force myself to deal with it but unfortunately, it continues to bug me and is the one thing that is keeping me from fully enjoying it.

I have an LG G Flex 2 that feels great in my hand, is barely noticeable in my pocket, and has a pretty good camera, but the screen has to stay on the highest brightness setting, which makes it useless outside and it throttles and slows a bit when it gets hot. Hell, my 2013 Moto X runs as fast if not faster than the G Flex 2 most of the time.

I still have and use my 2013 Moto X and still really enjoy it but I know it won't get upgraded to Marshmallow so I may order a 2014 Moto X Pure since they are still available. I just pre-ordered an HTC One A9 because I want to check it out and see how I like it and may just swap back and forth between it and my 2013 Moto X depending on what I need.

If I had a cute kitty cat as a parrot, I would rather have a device easier to use with one hand too :) ;)

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site

No mhl or display port video out.

Missing ir blaster.

SD card management is clunky since I change cards frequently.

Michael Mangus

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

I agree it is annoying getting not compatible for Redbox in the play store. With that I googled for the Redbox apk which latest at moment is version 5.5.0.0. I downloaded and installed and has worked with no problems.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

No mhl or display port video out.

Missing ir blaster.

SD card management is clunky since I change cards frequently.

The MXPE slot seems too fragile for too many removals. I miss the days of the easy access card slots. At least the MXPE has a slot :)

DarrenCarnall

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site

...and the fact that I cannot separate ring volume and notification volume (or at least from what I've seen).

I use an app called Volume Butler which lets me set different volumes. I came from a Samsung and had no idea that stock android was still doing locked ring and notification volumes!!!

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: What do you NOT like about this phone?

The stock camera app is a hunk of junk...to me. I was trying to use it last night at my son's concert and it was a ballistic mess with a fire for effect order.

I have a huge preference to the stock camera on all of my phones, and I'd have to say that I haven't enjoyed the Moto's camera. I know it's supposed to be a huge improvement, but as this is my first Motorola it's not a good first impression for me.

Otherwise, it's a beautiful phone for the price you pay. Considering moving over to the Droid Turbo 2, but where the heck am I going to get one of those without all the Verizon junk? The Pure is the first phone I've owned that doesn't have all the carrier bloat on it, needless to say that is a huge plus.

dazzer87

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

Moto Voice is trash. You pretty much have to be in a closet (dead silent) in order for this feature to work. I thought last year moto x voice was bad....this year moto voice beats it. Hopefully with 6.0 there may be some improvement. Its pretty embarrassing when you are trying to show off this feature to friends and co workers and it doesnt work.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Moto Voice is trash. You pretty much have to be in a closet (dead silent) in order for this feature to work. I thought last year moto x voice was bad....this year moto voice beats it. Hopefully with 6.0 there may be some improvement. Its pretty embarrassing when you are trying to show off this feature to friends and co workers and it doesnt work.

I have not found this to be the case with mine.

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

I'll tell you what I don't like about the Moto X Pure Edition... The people who are referring to it and say "for a phone that's this price." It runs better than any of the higher priced phones, end of story. I'd have paid for a more expensive phone if they'd run better but they don't. The only points that can be knocked are on the camera, and the camera is still pretty damn good. I'm not a fanboy, I've never even considered buying a Motorola phone until this one. But I really can't stand the "for a phone that's this price" statement in reviews and comments. So annoying.

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

Me neither. I actually really like it and it seems to work well. For the people that have problems, maybe they should re-enter their catch phrase or change it?
To be honest though I cannot differentiate Moto Voice commands from those of OK Google. Is there a list with their differences?
It works fine though.

Hendry775

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site

I'll tell you what I don't like about the Moto X Pure Edition... The people who are referring to it and say "for a phone that's this price." It runs better than any of the higher priced phones, end of story. I'd have paid for a more expensive phone if they'd run better but they don't. The only points that can be knocked are on the camera, and the camera is still pretty damn good. I'm not a fanboy, I've never even considered buying a Motorola phone until this one. But I really can't stand the "for a phone that's this price" statement in reviews and comments. So annoying.

I feel the same...

MTeator

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

Moto voice doesn't work for crap for me. Assumed it was my Kentucky accent ;)

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Mine works from all the way across the room with the TV on

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci