What do you NOT like about YOUR Moto X Pure Edition?

doorknob385

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: What do you *not* like about your Moto X Pure?

Hmm, I use both those and don't think I've had an errant dial or app launch yet..

It's because I carry the phone in my front pocket. I does the slide to unlock on its own and then from there the pocket dials or launches. I can see if you use a holster or put the phone in a backpack, purse, etc. that this would not be an issue.

I had the same problem with my Moto X 2013.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

It's because I carry the phone in my front pocket. I does the slide to unlock on its own and then from there the pocket dials or launches. I can see if you use a holster or put the phone in a backpack, purse, etc. that this would not be an issue.

I've carried both the first gen Moto X and third gen Moto X Pure Edition with Moto Display enabled and have not run into pocket dials or random app launches.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

I've carried both the first gen Moto X and third gen Moto X Pure Edition with Moto Display enabled and have not run into pocket dials or random app launches.
That's the same situation with me. I haven't had a single pocket dial in my 2013 Moto X or on my MXPE, whether either device was in the front pocket of my pants or in the chest pocket of my winter coat. No pocket app opening either.

Dom12

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, I usually carry it in my back pocket, or a coat pocket, or cargo pocket on cargo shorts. Have you verified it's doing the slide unlock, and that it isn't actually voice that's the problem? Do you have a moto voice phrase that's maybe too simple?

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I can't save my contacts directly to the phone, like every other Android phone with a "skin" of some sort. I do not wish to sync my contacts with my Google accounts at all. Without them directly in the phone, my contacts don't go into the car stereo over Bluetooth. If anyone knows how to do this, please point me to the techniques.

doorknob385

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site

Have you verified it's doing the slide unlock, and that it isn't actually voice that's the problem? Do you have a moto voice phrase that's maybe too simple?

I do have voice but the phrase is "go moto x", so I don't think it's that.

I'll usually, hit the power button prior to pocketing. Sometimes, active display will come up and i see the time as I'm putting away. Most of the time the thing that's coming up is a search of some kind or possibly google now. Might be worth noting that I use nova lanucher and keep a persistent search bar at the top similar to stock launcher config.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I can't save my contacts directly to the phone, like every other Android phone with a "skin" of some sort. I do not wish to sync my contacts with my Google accounts at all. Without them directly in the phone, my contacts don't go into the car stereo over Bluetooth. If anyone knows how to do this, please point me to the techniques.

I think I found a workaround.

1. Download ”True Phone Dialer and Contacts” from the PlayStore.

2. Export contacts to VCF

3. Import (to Phone, unsynced) the VCF file.

4. Only display phone contacts in True Phone and remove unwanted contacts.

Annoying that stock Google apps don't give you that option.

Last edited:

shuura

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I agree with the poor image quality in ANY low light. Same gripe here! I'm experiencing Bluetooth connectivity issues, where my phone will not automatically connect to my paired Bluetooth devices. I turn on my headset or get in my car, and the phone will not connect to them. When I updated to Marshmallow (currently stock unrooted), it somehow started working as expected for a time. Now, it's back to the same manual intervention...

tokodave

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I like the phone but had to do the factory reset after the MM update as it was chronically unstable. After that it was much better until last weekend when it required three reboots on one day and the next day it froze completely and I had have Motorola send me a replacement. I hadn't added any new apps and the apps that I do have are all pretty straightforward and never gave me problems on my original Moto X.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

I do have voice but the phrase is "go moto x", so I don't think it's that.

I'll usually, hit the power button prior to pocketing. Sometimes, active display will come up and i see the time as I'm putting away. Most of the time the thing that's coming up is a search of some kind or possibly google now. Might be worth noting that I use nova lanucher and keep a persistent search bar at the top similar to stock launcher config.
This sounds exactly like the problem u fixed by turning off lift to speak.

checksergio

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Ditching the MXPE for Nexus 6p

I happened to come across on the web that N6P is on sale for 32gb at 440. Given that my experience with the Moto hasn't left me too happy, I decided to make the jump. I had been a big stickler about expandable storage but the Nexus costs almost as much as the Moto with better features. So what didn't I like about the MXPE:

- Battery life: While I had been forewarned in the reviews that the battery life in this phone wasn't excellent, I wasn't prepared for how bad. I had Exchange email that I checked maybe three times an hour, 50% brightness (and for those that say keep it at less- what is the point of all these fancy screens when you can't enjoy them), 30 mins of music bluetooth play on the drive to/from work, regular SMS activity and the device would be at less that 10% when I got home

- Screen: maybe I am being too picky here but this screen is just a fingerprint magnet! I had to use a lens cloth every now and then to clean it

Minus those two complains above, the phone is nicely designed and I gotta say, were it not for the N6P price cut, I would stick with it.

checksergio

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Ditching the MXPE for Nexus 6p

Cool. Which SD card are you gonna be putting in it?

Haha, I see what you did there..but I did think it through.....expandable storage or fingerprint sensor. I don't take selfies or all media obsessed like the majority of smartphone users I see so my SD card is hardly ever needed anyway. My phone is for business and battery life and ease of use takes precedence over everything else. I understand everyone has their own approaches though, I was just voicing what I didn't like about the phone.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

I compared both in hand for a week. Loved both, but the Mxp won me over. The finger print sensor so loved by many I found to be more annoying. Use my phones laying flat a lot anyway. The other thing and this is maybe just me, but on calls of more than a few minutes it was uncomfortable to hold. It's also slightly bigger. One other thing is the speakers on the moto have a better sound, richer. Either way, their both pretty sweet. Whichever works best for you. Goodluck with it and enjoy.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
If I didn't love my MXPE so much, the 6P would definitely be my first choice. I'm fortunate to have great battery life with mine and I do make use of the SD card to store my music and photos. I have a 10-year-old car so don't have the luxury of bluetooth so those great MXPE speakers are much appreciated. But the 6P is a solid phone for sure.

Posted via the Android Central App

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

- Screen: maybe I am being too picky here but this screen is just a fingerprint magnet! I had to use a lens cloth every now and then to clean it
That's interesting, since I've had the exact opposite experience. Due to the water repellent treatment, the MXPE is the only phone I've owned so far that isn't a fingerprint magnet. I need to clean the screen much less than I have on my previous devices.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

I don't have the fingerprint problem either. My MXP's screen doesn't seem to smudge that easily. I've had others that were much worse.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante