What do you NOT like about YOUR Moto X Pure Edition?

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
That's so weird. My XPE takes nice low light pictures. I never understood the reviews about the camera. I think my XPE takes better photos than my husbands iPhone 5s and better than my previous phone, galaxy s5.
The camera app isn't great though.

The battery life is my biggest gripe with this phone. It's around 3.5 hrs sot for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Ditching the MXPE for Nexus 6p

That's interesting, since I've had the exact opposite experience. Due to the water repellent treatment, the MXPE is the only phone I've owned so far that isn't a fingerprint magnet. I need to clean the screen much less than I have on my previous devices.

I don't have the fingerprint problem either. My MXP's screen doesn't seem to smudge that easily. I've had others that were much worse.

This has been my experience as well.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

I feel like the MXPE screen is middle of the road when it comes to fingerprints. I've had better but I've also had much worse.

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

I stream Spotify and play over Bluetooth everyday on my commute which is an hour round trip. The mxpe's battery life is barely hit. Just a few percent gets drained.

kodos

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
The camera app is brutal if you don't know much about proper photography. You have to keep yourself from stabbing at the screen and getting blurry pics. There's no delay to dampen out any vibration from tapping or something. I have to be very still.

The only negative so far has been battery life. I haven't been to work since I've gotten it but it certainly drains quicker than my Note 5. Of course I enjoy it more than my Note 5, so I'm using it more too ;)

Posted via the Android Central App on my Moto X Pure Edition

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

- Screen: maybe I am being too picky here but this screen is just a fingerprint magnet! I had to use a lens cloth every now and then to clean it

Like the others, it's the cleanest screen I've ever had. About a week after I got it I realized that I hadn't yet wiped the screen. Just putting it in and taking it out of my pocket seems to keep it spotlessly clean and it's still clean after a month and a half.

turbo93

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I just bought a Moto G 2015 16gb for my younger daughter (older has a 2015 X like me). I thought I would hate the size of the X vs the G but the G is merely a regular phone now :). Once you get hooked to the screen... I'm now trying to get a Moto Nexus 6 for the wife. Ironically the Nexus 6 isn't all that larger than the X.

Good stuff....

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a Moto G 2015 16gb for my younger daughter (older has a 2015 X like me). I thought I would hate the size of the X vs the G but the G is merely a regular phone now :). Once you get hooked to the screen... I'm now trying to get a Moto Nexus 6 for the wife. Ironically the Nexus 6 isn't all that larger than the X.

Good stuff....
Not much but to me it's just enough to make it too large. Love that I can comfortably one hand this moto x

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
The camera app is brutal if you don't know much about proper photography. You have to keep yourself from stabbing at the screen and getting blurry pics. There's no delay to dampen out any vibration from tapping or something. I have to be very still.

The only negative so far has been battery life. I haven't been to work since I've gotten it but it certainly drains quicker than my Note 5. Of course I enjoy it more than my Note 5, so I'm using it more too ;)

Posted via the Android Central App on my Moto X Pure Edition

Use the volume down button to take photos, takes care of the blurry pics, at least it did for me.

Dom12

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Use the volume down button to take photos, takes care of the blurry pics, at least it did for me.

I like that there's a hard-button option, but I feel like I move more trying to push the vol button than tapping the screen. Of course, the case I have makes the buttons take a little more pressure than normal, so it may just be that.

bh7171

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
How is call quality? And how well does Motorola handle multiple email accounts? Does this device have a LED for notifications?

Posted via Android Central App

turbo93

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I use MyMail for 4 email accounts, no problems. Haven't noticed a notification LED blinking at me :)

Call quality is good, better than my old iPhone 5 on AT&T.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm divided between the play and style, size wise what is the Pure/Style comparable to? Note 5, 6P?

estooie

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Moto X Pure Edition (White, Champagne, Blue Accents, Turquoise Silicone Back, 64gb)

Cons:
- Audio equalizer is limited to Google Play Music and Spotify (I use Pandora)
- Battery life is pretty quick to discharge
- Lack of OIS (I didn't realize I'd miss this feature)
- Stutters with some web browsing

Other than those, I love this phone

tokodave

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Call quality is excellent in my experience. I only use Gmail but that certainly works fine. I like the notification system...you can wave your hand over the phone to check.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12