Moto X Pure Edition: Show us your home screens!

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Google Now launcher with stock everything. Haven't felt the need to change anything yet.

App won't let me submit screenshot.. Says I must update to latest version from Play store but when I go to do that it says I have latest version.
Sent from my XT1575 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Trying a best buy 16gb to see if it's enough space and if I like it. So far this phone is awesome. Love stock Android.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 48.jpg
    48.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 495

Peter Rokkos

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Noticing many people here are already switching out of stock android launcher for Nova and others. Hadn't realized that I would miss something so fast out of my LG G3 and the LG interface, but I'm already annoyed I can't get rid of the persistent Google search bar, plus the icon sizing is just too big.

Really trying to give stock android a try, particularly as I've had it for all of 2 hours now. But feel I will likely switch to Nova soon which I've tried and liked before. However would appreciate thoughts of anyone who uses it or a different android on whether it lags or slows anything down. Had intended to switch to the Pure for the simplified experience and don't want to jump into things that will slow it down.

Does Nova or a similar launcher have any drawbacks on usability - specifically speed in loading, running apps, flipping screens - or any any other issues?

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Noticing many people here are already switching out of stock android launcher for Nova and others. Hadn't realized that I would miss something so fast out of my LG G3 and the LG interface, but I'm already annoyed I can't get rid of the persistent Google search bar, plus the icon sizing is just too big.

Really trying to give stock android a try, particularly as I've had it for all of 2 hours now. But feel I will likely switch to Nova soon which I've tried and liked before. However would appreciate thoughts of anyone who uses it or a different android on whether it lags or slows anything down. Had intended to switch to the Pure for the simplified experience and don't want to jump into things that will slow it down.

Does Nova or a similar launcher have any drawbacks on usability - specifically speed in loading, running apps, flipping screens - or any any other issues?

I used nova on my moto x 2014 and have been using for about 2 days on the new xpe and haven't noticed any difference in usage from the first 2 or 3 days using the stock Google launcher speed wise or battery wise.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

Just use Nova. Runs so much smoother than stock TouchWiz for me (on Galaxy S6) but runs great on the XPE too! just give it a try. Also, you can download and apply icon packs which I really love. you can change the icon size on your home page, remove persistent google search bar, etc. Just try it, check out the settings, and love it! :)

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Switched out of Google now launcher and back to nova. Using an icon pack from axis and wallpaper from axis also

Attachments

• 2620.jpg
    2620.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 360

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Post your home screens!!

I've been using the Google Now Launcher since I got this phone 4 days ago. Today I decided to go back to Nova which I'd been using on the Moto X 2013. It didn't play nice! I had double images of the docks, date/time widget and notifications bar. I went back to setting to ensure the Google Now Launcher was cleared, it was. I adjusted the Nova settings and didn't make any difference. I cleared cache from Nova and finally just uninstalled it. But, there is an HD widget on the home screen that will not remove. I can't drag it to the "remove" X on top of the screen, when i try it opens the Screen settings. i uninstalled the HD widget and I still can't remove it from my screen. Any suggestions? Thanks. Oh, and I've rebooted 3 times to no avail.

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The screenshot is of the homescreen.. I actually have 3 screens in use but the little indicator dots in the center show I have 5. The notifications bar seems to have another over it. The time widget can't be removed and it won't open to edit either.
Sent from my XT1575 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1442708043735.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1442708043735.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 109

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
For now.

qwegllX.png