Are you noticing stuttering on your Moto X Pure Edition?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
In my previous experience every phone is bogged down by TuneIn Radio including the Nexus 6 and Note 4. I was browsing through my phone in my car this morning and actually forgot I was streaming TuneIn via BT to my car's stereo (had to avoid my local NPR station's fund raising by streaming another city's NPR station :) ). There was no stuttering or lag at all.

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Only stutter I've noticed is scrolling down and then back up quickly on Chrome (but Chrome is the worst so that's to be expected), and then when I was first installing tons of apps, there were little stutters and home screen redraws. Now that it's all settled, absolutely nothing except that once in a while stutter in Chrome (which again, Chrome is the worst haha).

jdfrye

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I've had issues with hangouts and sms. I have one mms thread with hundreds of messages and pictures which stutters when I scroll through it. Not sure what's causing that but the stock sms app doesn't break a sweat scrolling in the same thread. Betting it's a hangouts issue.

Otherwise it's been flawless as far as performance goes.

Same exact issues with Hangouts here

On2Vegas

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
There does appear to be a VERY small percentage of people who are reporting some level of lag. Even Kellex, over at DroidLife said he sees some, but at a level that doesn't bother him. Could be a bad batch or an in-common app they are running. If it's OS or hardware related, I'm sure an update will address the issue. I'd expect that to come quickly, if it turns into a bigger problem. Moto is pretty good with this sort thing. They may even address the low-light shots that some still don't care for.

Last edited:

trenchkato

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I do when swiping left for Google now. I think that the launcher is not very efficient.

Also when using the Android Central mobile website but that thing is fugged.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I do when swiping left for Google now. I think that the launcher is not very efficient.

Also when using the Android Central mobile website but that thing is fugged.

The AC mobile website is horrible. It wouldn't scroll smoothly on IBM's Watson...

justlaxin13

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I've had issues with hangouts and sms. I have one mms thread with hundreds of messages and pictures which stutters when I scroll through it. Not sure what's causing that but the stock sms app doesn't break a sweat scrolling in the same thread. Betting it's a hangouts issue.

Otherwise it's been flawless as far as performance goes.

Ditto here. Mainly with group messages where it's quite unusable. But also sometimes with single recipient messages.

I know this isn't totally the theme of this thread, but does anyone know if this is a known issue? I like hangouts, but not like this.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ditto here. Mainly with group messages where it's quite unusable. But also sometimes with single recipient messages.

I know this isn't totally the theme of this thread, but does anyone know if this is a known issue? I like hangouts, but not like this.

Hangouts has been having issues since the latest update. It has been horrid on all phones.

Junaid1991

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Yess..... There is scrolling lag in playstore, browsers and fb app. Switching off JavaScript in chrome solves it for chrome but what should I do everywhere else ???

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I have some slowdown/stuttering when typing. It's actually really annoying because I'm a quick typer, so it's really noticeable to me. My M8 was lightning fast with typing, and I'm shocked this phone isn't.

Sent from my Moto X Pure using Tapatalk.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I too experienced lag when using Chrome. Maybe should use some other browser as default.

Everywhere else, it's smooth.

I've been using #NoChromo from XDA. It's amazing how much faster and smoother Chrome is with all the ads stripped out. Too bad Google doesn't allow extensions on the mobile version of Chrome.

Rails Ruby

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Kellen over at droid life said he has seem some stuttering on his Moto X pure. This isn't the first time I've heard it has some stuttering while other say it's buttery smooth. What have you guys that received yours so far?

I got yesterday my Moto X and its seriously stuttering a lot. That's why I am here searching on web my Moto X stutters a lot. This performance issue bothering me a lot my wife have nexus 6P and damn so fast smooth and no stutter I feel in that. Don't know why my is slow. I am about to factory rest it maybe that help.

Rails Ruby

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
No issues with mine at all.

Now I think same about mine, I did a factory reset my guess is marshmallows update needed a reset. Now things feels better, smoother is word I can not use for Moto X cuz there is ocassional stutter. And maybe I have not noticed this if I had not used Nexus 6p. When I last commented here there was extremely stutter which is seems like gone but I've not enabled Moto features yet like Moto voice

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Now I think same about mine, I did a factory reset my guess is marshmallows update needed a reset. Now things feels better, smoother is word I can not use for Moto X cuz there is ocassional stutter. And maybe I have not noticed this if I had not used Nexus 6p. When I last commented here there was extremely stutter which is seems like gone but I've not enabled Moto features yet like Moto voice
I haven't noticed any lag, and I did not do a reset after installing Marshmallow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21