01-27-2017 04:05 PM
318 ... 34567 ...
tools
    QUESTION: Barring removal of the SIM card, does the MXPE have the ability to switch off the provider signal while maintaining a WiFi connection (ie; partial 'airplane mode')? I live in a poor signal area, and the constant phone wake time while it searches for a stable signal accelerates battery drain while on WiFi.
    09-15-2015 08:03 PM
    Any speaker distortion or crackling when listening to notification tones.. And do you see any stutters or lag?
    Weirdly enough, the crackling does happen on occasion for me. The only lag I've seen is when there are a lot of apps in the Recent Apps view and I'm swiping them quickly away; there is artifact display of apps overlapping other apps on occasion. Nothing that worries me, though.
    09-15-2015 08:12 PM
    QUESTION: Barring removal of the SIM card, does the MXPE have the ability to switch off the provider signal while maintaining a WiFi connection (ie; partial 'airplane mode')? I live in a poor signal area, and the constant phone wake time while it searches for a stable signal accelerates battery drain while on WiFi.
    No.
    Cady likes this.
    09-15-2015 08:12 PM
    I don't know if this is common knowledge but I haven't seen it written anywhere else. Regarding the turbo charger. If you order a second one from Motorola, it is not identical to the one in box. It is a typical wall adapter (same size as in box wall part) with a 3-4 foot detachable usb cable.
    09-15-2015 08:30 PM
    I don't know if this is common knowledge but I haven't seen it written anywhere else. Regarding the turbo charger. If you order a second one from Motorola, it is not identical to the one in box. It is a typical wall adapter (same size as in box wall part) with a 3-4 foot detachable usb cable.
    Because the Moto X Pure Edition ships with the TurboPower 25 - which as of this post, Motorola does not sell separately.

You can get the TurboPower 15 though.
    09-15-2015 08:40 PM
    How's the camera like?

How's the screen and battery life? I'm also interested to see how the performance is like.

Being a Moto device, I expect speedy performance.
    09-15-2015 08:47 PM
    Russell, can you explain further on your comment that it's a plastic phone? I thought it had a metal frame (Moto X)....or were you referring to the 1+ phone?

Also, what is your favorite OLED phone/screen? Thx!
    The frame is metal, but there's a plastic lip between the metal and the glass on the front and of course the back is plastic. Very little of where my hand rests on the phone is metal, so it feels like a plastic phone.
    jdot104 likes this.
    09-15-2015 09:12 PM
    How is viewing the display with slight off angle in doors? Such as showing photos to others. The LG G3 seemed to always issues with this.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-15-2015 09:26 PM
    This is how airplane mode works now a days, that's how you connect to in-flight WiFi.

Just did it on my nexus to test.
    dmark44 and Cady like this.
    09-15-2015 09:34 PM
    FlipBelt

Level Terrain FlipBelt Waist Pouch, Black, Medium/29"-32" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JF9DWWU...cUvbUpU4686943
    I have one for my Note 2 and can't stand it - went back to Tagalong packs There MUST be a better way...
    09-15-2015 09:50 PM
    You could put the phone on airplane mode and then turn on WiFi.

Cady likes this.
    09-15-2015 10:25 PM
    This is how airplane mode works now a days, that's how you connect to in-flight WiFi.

Just did it on my nexus to test.
    Sweet; had no idea that's the norm now. With all my previous phones, as well as my current one (original Razr Maxx), airplane mode shut everything down. Glad to know someone finally came to their senses and fixed that.
    Thanks!
    Lefty Drummer likes this.
    09-15-2015 10:38 PM
    I still want to see a picture with the bumper on! who's with me?
    Eduardo06sp and PeninaD like this.
    09-15-2015 10:47 PM
    Sweet; had no idea that's the norm now. With all my previous phones, as well as my current one (original Razr Maxx), airplane mode shut everything down. Glad to know someone finally came to their senses and fixed that.
    Thanks!
    You could put the phone on airplane mode and then turn on WiFi.

What trechkato said. Good luck
    09-15-2015 10:47 PM
    Um, wow. Okay. So it has the same processor as the very well received and reviewed LG G4. But it has stock Android and a lesser need of horsepower to ensure smooth performance. It has super-fast, and I really mean that from personal use, charging capability. The OG X just got updated to Lollipop. No manufacturer guarantees updates and, other than Motorola, only Samsung has been "speedy" with updates of their top end devices.

Your post is completely inaccurate and easily refutable. This device is everything the LG G4 was but better. And if that device was top tier, then so is this one; except for a LOT less money.
    I give you a lot of credit for your patience and even responding to that post!
    DC Wuff and jephanie like this.
    09-16-2015 12:18 AM
    I'm interested in hearing Motos reply to the UK price. I'm in the UK and looking to pick one up.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-16-2015 12:20 AM
    Hi,

Why has the price for the Moto X Style gone up in the UK?? It was predicted to be £359, but now you can pre-order the Moto X Style off the Motorola store (32 GB, no additional things/covers) for £399!! This is just too much as it contradicts all the predictions, and it isn't such a good-value-for-money phone. It also doesn't match up with the exchange rate between pounds and dollars, as the phone costs $399. If the £399 was to be accurately converted to dollars, it would cost over $600. I have emailed the Motorola support team and I am waiting for a reply.

Has anyone got any theories/ideas why this has happened. It has really ruined the idea that the phone was at an affordable price, as it now, frankly, isn't.
    I'm interested in hearing Motos reply to this, I'm in the UK and looking to pick one up, thought it would have been slightly cheaper, given the USA price.

09-16-2015 12:25 AM
    Could you please let me know how the battery works. My nexus 6 hardly stands only a day.. Is it best to switch from my nexus 6 to x pure..

09-16-2015 12:38 AM
    I'm interested in hearing Motos reply to this, I'm in the UK and looking to pick one up, thought it would have been slightly cheaper, given the USA price.

PPosted via Android Central App
    Was the 359 prediction based on the 16 GB model?

09-16-2015 01:15 AM
    Still very wary of buying this phone.
    The change to LCD from AMOLED.
    The Lenovo shakeup. The fact that updates have been rolling out slower than when Google was at the helm.
    And the fact that Motorola is not treating this years Pure as a Developer Edition so if you unlock the Bootloader you will void your warranty.
    09-16-2015 06:38 AM
    Anyone connected this to Sprint yet???

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    09-16-2015 06:48 AM
    My hands are a little unsteady and I've found the OIS in my Nexus 5 has been incredibly helpful. I know the Moto X Pure does not ship with any form of OIS so is the shutter speed fast enough to compensate for that? Also how is the video recording quality? Thanks!
    09-16-2015 07:21 AM
    Was the 359 prediction based on the 16 GB model?

I think it may well have been because the UK only has the 32 and 64gb models. I am liking the £35 charge to double up to 64gb, thought that was reasonable, given how must charge £100 per step up

09-16-2015 07:55 AM
    Okay could you elaborate on what you mean when you say that they drop off noticeably? I often have my phone on a table and i look at it from (roughly) a 45 degree angle. Does to drop off with a slight tilt or at a more extreme angle?
    09-16-2015 08:25 AM
    Why the excitement? Mediocre processor. No led. No sd card. No removable battery. No guarantee of updates after 1 year. I loved my Moto Razr Maxx HD but it was state of the art in its day.
    It does have an SD card support.
    09-16-2015 08:27 AM
318 ... 34567 ...