01-27-2017 04:05 PM
318 ... 678910 ...
tools
    I'm not a fan. It feels cheap and isn't snug to the phone. Took it off almost immediately.
    This is obviously subjective by nature but popular opinion (everyone I've seen except DC) says the bumper is cheap and you'll never use it. I know personally anything that cheap looking will never find it's way onto my brand new shiny phone. This is just an observation since Motorola is putting extra care and attention to the build of my phone apparently so it's still in China.

No disrespect meant and hopefully everyone finds something that works for them in the end.
    All good! Differing opinions are awesome, as long as they are communicated in a respectful fashion (as you very much did).

I prefer to keep my phone naked, but the bumper comes in very handy when I need a little something extra. The bumper is clear, unobtrusive, and adds almost no bulk. And it was in the box with my phone. ;-) That makes it a winner in my book.
    diesel97 likes this.
    09-16-2015 04:03 PM
    All good! Differing opinions are awesome, as long as they are communicated in a respectful fashion (as you very much did).

I prefer to keep my phone naked, but the bumper comes in very handy when I need a little something extra. The bumper is clear, unobtrusive, and adds almost no bulk. And it was in the box with my phone. ;-) That makes it a winner in my book.
    I'm right there with you on the naked phones, I think the only case I would consider would be a bumper since I don't mind that form factor as much. Now if only the phone would ship...
    09-16-2015 04:09 PM
    My order placed two days ago was cancelled this morning. I did an online chat with them, as that is what I am supposed to do, and they referred me to the "cancelled order department" since they can't figure out the reason for the cancellation. My credit card had a hold for that amount put on, so it certainly was not due to lack of payment. I decided to skip this phone and wait for the 2015 Nexus 6 instead.
    09-16-2015 05:03 PM
    Could you please comment more about the T Mobile Band 12 issue. This phone is being promoted as fully compatible with all US networks but if it doesn't have VoLTE then it isn't fully compatible with T Mobile's Band 12. Motorola is being very coy about this. It is advertised as having Band 12 but other's, including you say it doesn't have VoLTE which means that in areas where T Mobile only has Band 12 LTE and no 2G and 3G, the phone can't make calls. So what is the deal? What is the story about this alleged software update. I can assume it isn't certified to work on T Mobile.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I am curious as to the same. I have used mine with both my Sprint and Tmobile account and have had excellent service. Motorola's radios continue to be the best available. My problem is that I am not in a spark area for sprint or a reframed area for tmobile so I have been unable to test either and won't until the end of next month.
    09-16-2015 05:26 PM
    I am curious as to the same. I have used mine with both my Sprint and Tmobile account and have had excellent service. Motorola's radios continue to be the best available. My problem is that I am not in a spark area for sprint or a reframed area for tmobile so I have been unable to test either and won't until the end of next month.
    How did you activate on Sprint?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    09-16-2015 05:27 PM

They have a specific nano sim for it, sku: 019962040146. Go to a store, if they have stock, they will give you one, if not, they can ship one out to you as can customer care. Once you have the SIM/ICCID, you casn activate the phone online, ins store, or over the phone. Just put the MEID HEX of the phone into your account along with that sim and it activates without issues.
    ttwiitch and ScottMGS like this.
    09-16-2015 06:39 PM

Are you moving an existing sim from an old phone?
    09-16-2015 06:41 PM
    They have a specific nano sim for it, sku: 019962040146. Go to a store, if they have stock, they will give you one, if not, they can ship one out to you as can customer care. Once you have the SIM/ICCID, you casn activate the phone online, ins store, or over the phone. Just put the MEID HEX of the phone into your account along with that sim and it activates without issues.
    Awesome, thx.

09-16-2015 06:45 PM
    I'm right there with you on the naked phones, I think the only case I would consider would be a bumper since I don't mind that form factor as much. Now if only the phone would ship...
    I usually get a tempered glass screen protector and either a wet install back protector or a glass back protector depending on the phone. That's usally all I have for daily carry but keep a thin case of some kind available for when I travel or when I work out. I keep everything super organized and labeled with all of my phones, parts for repairs, and cases in a sterile environment so they are really easy to pick up and go.
    09-16-2015 06:47 PM
    Might be a stupid question, but if you already have a nano sim from a Nexus 6 on Sprint, do you need to still get the nano sim with the special sku?
    09-16-2015 07:25 PM
    Might be a stupid question, but if you already have a nano sim from a Nexus 6 on Sprint, do you need to still get the nano sim with the special sku?
    Its the same SIM so no. I checked that up on S4gru

diesteldorf likes this.
    09-16-2015 07:36 PM
    This is obviously subjective by nature but popular opinion (everyone I've seen except DC) says the bumper is cheap and you'll never use it. I know personally anything that cheap looking will never find it's way onto my brand new shiny phone. This is just an observation since Motorola is putting extra care and attention to the build of my phone apparently so it's still in China.

No disrespect meant and hopefully everyone finds something that works for them in the end.
    I agree with DC. I actually keep it on all the time, though. I would love to run with a naked phone, but either I drop them or my daughter does. I actually prefer this bumper over the hula for the 2014 because it's a little easier to get in/out of my pocket and has cutouts for the buttons (less accidental presses).

Mine is snug.
    09-16-2015 08:51 PM
    can someone who has the iphone 6+ take comparison pictures to that?
    09-17-2015 02:16 AM
    Does fm radio work?

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk
    09-17-2015 02:58 AM
    Here are several angles. While it's a cheap bumper for sure, it gets the job done until you can find a better one. My biggest complaint would be that the buttons are recessed and a little trickier to activate. I also included a pic from the OG X of the screen in the bright sun. It doesn't do it much justice as the screen was actually much more visible in reality.

Attachment 197035Attachment 197036Attachment 197037Attachment 197038Attachment 197039Attachment 197040Attachment 197041
    Looks very much like IPS to me.

Don't know why they decided to market it as a TFT display.
    09-17-2015 07:13 AM
    Looks very much like IPS to me.

Don't know why they decided to market it as a TFT display.
    The reviews and feedback from Moto is the display is IPS. Lisa from Mobiletechreview is not known for conjecture and stated the same thing: IPS.
    09-17-2015 07:26 AM
    I notice it's £350 including vat for the 32 Gb model on the clove uk website but limited to a couple of colour / finishes
    09-17-2015 10:54 AM
    How can I get rid of the google now screen that is to the left? I would rather just drag up from the bottom for google now?
    Thanks
    09-17-2015 04:08 PM
    How can I get rid of the google now screen that is to the left? I would rather just drag up from the bottom for google now?
    Thanks
    You would need to download a launcher. Nova is good but I prefer Apex.
    jephanie and duratime like this.
    09-17-2015 05:41 PM
    For contacts can you assign a ringtone AND notification tone for each contact? I have an LG G3 on VZW and you can't set a notification tone per contact. On the Samsung you can, and I'd like to know if you can on the X Pure.
    09-18-2015 06:57 AM
    Could i ask a favour

would it be possible for you to take a picture with the standard camera app and then another with Camera FV-5

I have a moto play and the difference in picture quality between the standard and Camera FV-5 was huge!

so does the pure/style have the same module as the play or have they adjusted it...
    09-18-2015 07:02 AM
    For contacts can you assign a ringtone AND notification tone for each contact? I have an LG G3 on VZW and you can't set a notification tone per contact. On the Samsung you can, and I'd like to know if you can on the X Pure.
    You can set a ringtone, but I do not believe that you can for message notifications with the stock app.
    09-18-2015 08:52 AM
    I ordered my pure edition today. Can i use tracfone with it?
    I activated mine with the GSM sim that comes in the universal sim kit from Tracfone. Since I used the GSM sim I am on a ATT network. If you activated the cdma sim you would be on the Verizon network. So you can choose which might be better for you and still be under the Tracfone umbrella.
    09-18-2015 11:59 AM
    In case anyone else was wondering, I got mine so I can answer my own question:
    5V--2.85A
    9v--2.85A
    12v--2.15A

So ~25W on 12v.
    09-18-2015 02:43 PM
    Killing apps? The one thing I missed on my Galaxy S6 (probably the only thing) was the ability to open the open app tray and simply close them all. On this phone it looks like you have to swipe them all. Is there a way to close them all or do I need an app for that? If so, do you recommend any one in particular?
    09-18-2015 03:08 PM
318 ... 678910 ...