I have a Moto X Pure Edition, you have questions. Lets play!

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I've had Nexus phones since the Galaxy Nexus, except N6 because of size and price. I've been happy with all of them despite their limitations. Mainly like the de-bloated software, timely updates, and carrier freedom. I'll be skipping the Nexus 5 2015 because of the underwhelming spec improvement compared to the 2013 version, plus the rumored price point of $399. My question; Does the XPE seem like a worthy Nexus replacement? Also, have you noticed better signal strength compared to your daily driver? This is a bit important as I'm in marginal areas and I feel my N5 2013 does not perform as well as my wife's G4.

vn33

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
How does the included bumper case feel ? Does it offer sufficient protection and grip for a phone with smooth, wood back ? would you care to post a few pictures with this case ?

Thank you!

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Okay weird question, but I always have my polarized sunglasses on and some screens tend to blackout with them on. Have you viewed the screen with polarized lenses at all? I know on my DROID MAXX I can see fine but my computer monitor at work, not so much. Thanks!

I posted in a separate thread that I have zero problem seeing the screen when wearing polarized sunglasses.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
How are the viewing angles? Is the accent flush with the rest of the back or is it slightly raised? Are the speaker grills raised? is there a bit of plastic where the front glass meets the metal frame?

Viewing angles drop off noticeably but I personally am okay with that. I'm not in the habit of wanting someone 85 degrees to my side to necessarily browse my screen.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
How does the included bumper case feel ? Does it offer sufficient protection and grip for a phone with smooth, wood back ? would you care to post a few pictures with this case ?

Thank you!

It's not grippy because it's clear plastic. It does a nice job of not hiding the beautiful aesthetics of the phone and provides a nice lip to grab onto.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
The screen is not noticeably worse than OLED. I'm coming from a Galaxy S6 edge, and the screen doesn't feel like a downgrade.

Really? I think the screen is a significant step back from that of the S6 Edge+. I had the two of them side-by-side with the same settings and was not very impressed with the Pure screen. Interesting.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
(Posting again in case it was missed)

What's your opinion on how "premium" it feels in hand? Does the metal compare to other low cost flagships? (Particularly the OnePlus 2?)

Sent using Tapatalk

Russell Holly

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
(Posting again in case it was missed)

What's your opinion on how "premium" it feels in hand? Does the metal compare to other low cost flagships? (Particularly the OnePlus 2?)

Sent using Tapatalk

It's a plastic phone, no doubt about it. There's no uncomfortable gaps that feel bad, but it flexes a bit when pressure is added. It feels more like a Nexus 6, and less like the 2014 X.

csmall

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Camera is about all I want to know about. I loved the Moto X camera aside. How does it compare to the S6, Note 5, G4 etc...?

We already know the Moto X is an awesome device. The camera is the deal breaker for me on almost all flagship devices these days.

Posted via the Android Central App

Russell Holly

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Really? I think the screen is a significant step back from that of the S6 Edge+. I had the two of them side-by-side with the same settings and was not very impressed with the Pure screen. Interesting.

I'd say it's darker, but the colors are nice and text is sharp. It's different, but I wouldn't call it worse just yet.

JayVGee

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
If it was not already commented on, what is the battery life like? Specifically with bluetooth and GPS (w/ high accuracy) both on.

Russell Holly

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Camera is about all I want to know about. I loved the Moto X camera aside. How does it compare to the S6, Note 5, G4 etc...?

We already know the Moto X is an awesome device. The camera is the deal breaker for me on almost all flagship devices these days.

Posted via the Android Central App

Have some candy!

I'm going to be directly comparing all of the current heavyweights to the Moto X Pure, separately so there no room for distraction. Look for that in the coming week.

Attachments

• 1442352096255.jpg
    1442352096255.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 268

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke