I have a Moto X Pure Edition, you have questions. Lets play!

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Sweet; had no idea that's the norm now. With all my previous phones, as well as my current one (original Razr Maxx), airplane mode shut everything down. Glad to know someone finally came to their senses and fixed that.
Thanks!

Actually, on all my previous phones, it was a two step process:

1. Turn on Airplane Mode
2. Turn WiFi back on.

This is actually the way it was supposed to work because Airplane mode was meant to turn off ALL RADIOS for T/O and Landing.

Rickosw

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

posted these few questions earlier, didnt get any replies ... re-posting it again if any gurus know the answer

1) does Moto X Pure edition support bluetooth aptX

2) does it support Camera pic in RAW FORMAT - if not at the current software, will a new software update enable it?

3) does it have any audio DAC / AMP

thanks

trenchkato

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

posted these few questions earlier, didnt get any replies ... re-posting it again if any gurus know the answer

1) does Moto X Pure edition support bluetooth aptX

2) does it support Camera pic in RAW FORMAT - if not at the current software, will a new software update enable it?

3) does it have any audio DAC / AMP

thanks

Yes. All Moto phones support aptx.

Posted via the Android Central App

jetskijd1100

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I picked up a 16GB Moto X Pure yesterday from Best Buy. They couldn't help me get my phone setup on the Sprint Network. So I had to go to a Sprint Service Center. The phone doesn't come with a Nano Sim Card. Had to get one of those and take the last digit off IMEI Number that is on the box to get it setup. But it has been working great ever since about 7:45 PM last night when Sprint was done with it! MAKE AN APPOINTMENT!!!! I had to wait till a tech was available. The tech was excited to get it setup.... first one he had seen yet!

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
How come the these threads always start off so promising and then the guy who's here to answer the question disperses after about a day and a half?

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a 16GB Moto X Pure yesterday from Best Buy. They couldn't help me get my phone setup on the Sprint Network. So I had to go to a Sprint Service Center. The phone doesn't come with a Nano Sim Card. Had to get one of those and take the last digit off IMEI Number that is on the box to get it setup. But it has been working great ever since about 7:45 PM last night when Sprint was done with it! MAKE AN APPOINTMENT!!!! I had to wait till a tech was available. The tech was excited to get it setup.... first one he had seen yet!
Where did u get the nano sim? Can u post the numerical here?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
How come the these threads always start off so promising and then the guy who's here to answer the question disperses after about a day and a half?
This is VERY true! Answers questions for like 8 hours and then they're gone!

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site
You need a specific type of nano. Call and ask for one.

The universal Tracfone BYOP sim kit contains both the GSM and the CDMA sims in all 3 sizes. These are available through the Tracfone site or in many Walmarts for about $7. There is also a universal sim kit and a 60m card for around $26 in Walmart.

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
For contacts can you assign a ringtone AND notification tone for each contact? I have an LG G3 on VZW and you can't set a notification tone per contact. On the Samsung you can, and I'd like to know if you can on the X Pure.

I use Textra and you can assign individual notification tones for each contact in the app itself. A bit of a pain but works.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
This is VERY true! Answers questions for like 8 hours and then they're gone!

Yeah but hundreds of people have the phone now (and when the thread started) so it's not like everyone is waiting for a pre-order to arrive and only AC has one in hand...

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

Bet they have a life beyond answering questions - many of them repeats or requests for information readily available in the specs or reviews. I am glad for the time they took to share.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Bet they have a life beyond answering questions - many of them repeats or requests for information readily available in the specs or reviews. I am glad for the time they took to share.

I can appreciate that, but forgive me if I'm wrong, isn't this his job? Tech blogger, contributing editor for Android central.....

Nyvideo

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I use Textra and you can assign individual notification tones for each contact in the app itself. A bit of a pain but works.

I've been using chomp on my G3 and have used textra. When I upgrade I want to use Verizon messages + so I can have texts on my tablet and desktop. That relies on the contact to have a different notification tone which is why I asked. Appreciate your reply

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I can appreciate that, but forgive me if I'm wrong, isn't this his job? Tech blogger, contributing editor for Android central.....
I will agree that the op bailed on the thread pretty quick. That being said...

-They've done multiple articles on the phone now
-The moderators have been very active and answered many questions
-This isn't the only new phone out

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Via Russell Holly -

Five things you need to know about the Moto X Pure Edition | Android Central

Motorola has been making waves with the Moto X line of phones for a few years now, and with the 2015 offerings finally shipping to everyone it's time to take a look at whether this is going to be your next phone. After using this new Moto X for a little while, there's a few big questions folks want answered and a couple of things you may not have known about this phone from our initial hands-on.

With that in mind, here are five quick things you need to know about the Moto X Pure Edition if you're considering it for your next phone.

How to set up the Moto X Pure Edition | Android Central

If you've got a Moto X Pure Edition headed your way, there are a few things you need to do when it comes out of the box.

Motorola's latest phone is smart, fast, and huge. There are plenty of folks out there who have followed the Moto X from year to year, and with this new Pure Edition available on Moto Maker and shipping already it's a no-brainer for them, which is cool.

If you've got a Moto X Pure Edition on the way to you now, or you're still on the fence about this being your next phone, here's a quick look at what it takes to set one up for yourself.

Looking at gestures on the Moto X Pure Edition | Android Central

There's more to a Moto X than tapping and pushing buttons.

Gesture controls on phones are not a new thing, but they also aren't always a good thing. Motorola is one of the few smartphone manufacturers to have made gesture controls useful across the entire phone, and the Moto X Pure Edition is no exception. Like its predecessors, there's a handful of incredibly useful gestures you can use to help with basic day to day tasks.

Here's how to enjoy the gestures baked into the Moto X Pure Edition.

How to take a screenshot on the Moto X Pure Edition | Android Central

Here's everything you need to know about taking a screenshot on the Moto X Pure Edition — hold down the volume down button and power button at the same time.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Moto X Pure Edition tips and tricks | Android Central

The Moto X Pure Edition is shaping up to be exactly what many wanted — a bigger Moto X with a decent camera. Here's how to use it better.

Motorola has gotten quite good at keeping its Moto X line nice and clean, with features that continue to make these phones a compelling alternative to Nexus hardware. The Moto X Pure Edition is a worthy successor to the phones that have carried this name before it, but like every Android phone not everything is spelled out for you in the tutorials, especially the things that don't quite work they way you'd think they should.

With that in mind, here's a quick collection of tips and tricks you'll want to get the most out of your Moto X Pure Edition.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams