Is Mobile Hotspot unlocked on the Moto X Pure Edition?

Pitt719

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
How about the mobile hotspot...I was wondering if it has one and if it is unlocked. Particularly for use with Verizon. Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Mobile Hotspot

It currently works on Verizon. Even without subscription. No idea for how long though

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

SandmanATHF

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site

It currently works on Verizon. Even without subscription. No idea for how long though

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Yep, works for me too. I was very surprised to see it slip through Verizon's deathgrip.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Are you on the Mobile Share Value plan (which includes mobile hotspots) ? Or a different plan where tethering is not included?

I would like to know also. Would that really make a difference? Would provisions change via your SIM card and plan? Interesting!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Yep, works for me too. I was very surprised to see it slip through Verizon's deathgrip.

Me thinks we will see an update sneaked in with a bigger one that "fixes" this, at the request of Verizon and their retail influence with Moto.

SandmanATHF

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site

Me thinks we will see an update sneaked in with a bigger one that "fixes" this, at the request of Verizon and their retail influence with Moto.

That wouldn't be the worse thing. I could see Verizon not allowing the phone on their network anymore due to this (and wanting to boost sales of Verizon Droid lineup).

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I gave up unlimited data because the new plans were so much cheaper. I won't be surprised they eventually dump the hotspot charge.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I gave up unlimited data because the new plans were so much cheaper. I won't be surprised they eventually dump the hotspot charge.

Hotspot should be free on any tiered plans. They aren't allowed to charge extra for it on these plans.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

That wouldn't be the worse thing. I could see Verizon not allowing the phone on their network anymore due to this (and wanting to boost sales of Verizon Droid lineup).

Legally, I don't think Verizon can ban a phone that is capable of running on their network, though I could be wrong.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Legally, I don't think Verizon can ban a phone that is capable of running on their network, though I could be wrong.

This is correct. With their agreement they have with the FCC they have to allow any capable phone on their network.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae